The Two Leaders

Alone

“What if I say I don’t want Myungsoo hyung?”

The three stood there, having a hard time understanding what Sungjong had just said.

After minutes of being speechless, Myungsoo was the first to talk.

“You don’t really mean that.” The visual said in a breaking voice.

“Why are you being like this Jongie?” Yongguk asked, trying to inch closer. Every step Yongguk made, Sungjong moved back.

“I don’t know. I feel so confused right now.” Sungjong slowly shook his head. “I didn’t mean what I just said. I....”

“Jongie, come on. Calm down. Take a deep breath.” Sungjong took a deep breath. “Now, did you really mean what you said?” Sungjong shook his head.

“Can you tell us what’s wrong?” Sunggyu carefully said.

“I guess I’m just mad, because Yongguk hyung is going to avoid me just for Myungsoo hyung. I mean, I love you hyung. I’m sorry for saying that, but I don’t want to lose the person who was with me when I was left alone.” Sungjong walked passed them and sat in the living room.

“Look Jongie, we didn’t mean any harm. I mean you and Myungsoo love each other, and I was thinking that maybe you only think that you have feelings for me because of my kindness.” Yongguk sat next to Sungjong.

“I...” Sungjong hung his head. “But I like you hyung. Remember when I kissed you? I felt sparks.” The thought of the kiss made Yongguk blush and Myungsoo a bit uncomfortable. Yongguk cleared his throat.

“But remember when I asked who you love more?” Sungjong nodded.

“I guess I was just over reacting.” The maknae sighed. His attention turned to Sunggyu now. “And Sunggyu hyung likes me. Like likes me.”

This made Yongguk and Myungsoo chuckle, making the hamster blush of Crimson red.

“I..Jongie, I...” Sunggyu bit his bottom lip and sighed.

“Aish, it’s cute hyung.” Sungjong suddenly said, making Sunggyu blush even more.

“So, what are we going to do now?” Myungsoo asked.

“I’m sorry for saying those things Jongie.” Yongguk squeezed Sungjong’s hand. “But I think you two need to talk.”

“Don’t leave yet hyung.” Sungjong held onto Yongguk’s arm.

“I won’t.” Yongguk turned his head to face Sunggyu. “Come on hamster boy. Let’s give them song space.” Sunggyu nodded and followed Yongguk. “We’ll stay in your room then.”

*Sungjong’s room*

Yongguk and Sunggyu entered the maknae’s room. Yongguk threw himself to Sungjong’s bed, while Sunggyu sat on the beanie chair.

“So, what do you think they’ll talk about?” Sunggyu asked, staring into nothing.

“I don’t know. Maybe they’ll kiss and make up?” Yongguk said, trying to get some sleep.

“Are you trying to sleep?” Sunggyu asked, thinking of ideas on how to avoid an awkward silence.

“No, I’m trying to die, yes I’m trying to sleep hamster.” Yongguk threw a pillow at Sunggyu’s direction.

“I am not a hamster.” Sunggyu said, wanting to answer back but it was too early in the morning.

“Do you want to play some cards?” Yongguk suddenly blurted out.

“Do you have any?” Yongguk stood up and opened Sungjong’s drawer. “Hey!” Yongguk took out a box of cards. “How’d you know where it was?”

“Hello? Lived here remember?” Yongguk shrugged and threw the cards at Sunggyu. “Hoped you practiced.”

Sunggyu chuckled and opened the box of cards.

***

The two leaders have been playing cards for a while now, and as expected, Yongguk was in the lead.

“They’ve been talking for 45 minutes now.” Yongguk said, feeling a bit worried. Sunggyu, on the other hand, was too concentrated on winning that he didn’t notice what Yongguk said.

“It’s your turn.” Sunggyu was growing impatient. “Come on!” Yongguk chuckled.

“Couldn’t wait to lose huh?” Yongguk smirked. At one go, Yongguk won, again. Sunggyu threw the cards in the bed and groaned in frustration.

“I stink in this game.” Sunggyu stood up and stretched a little.

“Yeah, it’s getting boring anyways. I’m always winning.” Yongguk sighed. “Maybe I should just take Sungjong away from this place.”

“What!” Sunggyu shouted, making Yongguk laughed.

“I was only joking hamster boy, sheesh.” Sunggyu felt stupid for over reacting. He sat back down and arranged the cards.

“Don’t you get jealous?” Sunggyu asked as he shuffled the cards. Yongguk took a deep breath and smiled.

“Actually, I do. But what’s the point when you’re just going to lose?” Yongguk placed both of his hands at the back of his head. “I just want Sungjong to be happy.”

Sunggyu nodded. He spent most of his idol life hating on Sungjong, but he now realized how special and precious Sungjong is.

“How about you? What do you feel about their relationship?” Yongguk sat up.

“I don’t know. I guess we’re on the same page here.” Sunggyu and Yongguk sighed.

“Sungjong is just so lovable.”

“I agree.” It was now Sunggyu’s turn to lie on the floor. “I spent most of my times being a bad hyung to him. At least now things look better.”

“Yeah, I don’t know if you were stupid or something.” Sunggyu gave Yongguk a death glare, making the latter laugh. “But, if Myungsoo fails, I’ll step in.”

“Me too.” Sunggyu had a smirk planted on his face.

“But, for now, let’s be happy for them.” Yongguk closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep.

“Yeah, as long as he’s happy, we’re happy.” Sunggyu decided to take a nap on the floor.

 

 

 

 

So hey guys! I sort of avoided too much drama this time! I mean, I don't want things to kill you. Sorry for Sungjong's lame explanation. I'll reveal MyungJong's talk in the next chapter. For now, enjoy the leader's conversation. Lol

So anyways, if you like, leave your comments! Thank you!

Song for the day is The Real Reason why we broke up by Younha. This song is just so....beautiful. Listen to it if you have time! Saranghae!