7

Wasted

-Jessica-

     I invites Sam to went to the park. But of course with Alice. We were walking when Alice suddenly stopped.

 

"Hey, sweetie. Why did you stop?" Alice oh no, Sam rather ask. Alice said that she was tired of walking anymore and she wants Sam to carry her.

 

"Oh my. Arent you a big girl now Sweetie?" Alice keep silent.

 

"I'll carry you." I said and her face brigthen. I carry her and she was truly heavy.

 

"Are you okay Jessica?" Sam ask me.

 

I smile and nod. I dont know how long I have been carrying Alice but I feel so tired now. Alice was sleeping now. Sam block my way.

 

" I'll carry her." I didnt let myself to think and just nod. Sam came closer to me. She was carefully grabbing Alice and our face were just an inch apart. I just stare at her. I hold Alice tighter. I just want to stay like this.

 

"Jessica, Loosen your hold--" she look right into my face. Our nose brushed and I want to kiss her so bad. But right then, Alice woke up.

 

"You're kissing?" She ask. Sam pulled instantly and I blushed.

 

"No, sweetie. Its just that youre so heavy and your Aunt Jessica was dying because of it.. . And. . And. . Im here to save her. Im going to carry you now." She said and grabbed Alice quickly.

 

"Youre a big girl now. You shouldnt have been carried anymore." she look at me. "Let's go Jessica. I think we should sit there. Or else I might fall on my knees."

 

We sit on a bench. Its just been a few minutes but Sam's already whining about Alice's heaviness. "aw. I think my hips are gonna break any moment. Aw." Alice glare at her.

 

"Mommy, dont you think that youre over acting?" Alice said. Sam widen her eyes.

 

"Over acting? Me? Im not. Its true you know. Its hurts a lot. Aw" Sam said like a child.

 

Sometimes I was wondering who's the child here and who's the grown up between them. Alice look at me

 

"My mommy was a very chidish sometimes." she said and shrugged. I chuckle

 

The dark came and we need to say good bye again.

 

"Bye Aunt Jessica!" Alice shouted.

 

"Bye Aunt Jessica!" Sam said.

 

"Aunt Jessica? Why are you calling her like that Mommy?" Alice ask.

 

Yeah, why are you calling me Aunt Jessica?

 

"I just want to." She said like a child again.

 

I never seen her like this before. "Bye!"

"Bye! Take care!"I wave at them. See you tomorrow?

 

"You too."

 

---

I thought I can spend some time with them again but Tiffany told me that their living next day. Sam was very busy today to have some good times with me. Why it is so fast? I thought she was back for good. I went to her office and I saw Alice playing.

 

"Hey. . Sweetie. Where's your mommy?". She hug and kiss me.

 

"Hi, Aunt Jessica! She's on a meeting right now--" She stops when Sam came in.

 

"Mommy! Aunt Jessica is here!" she said and gave Sam a kiss

 

. "Owh. Jessica, hey.. What are you doing here?" She warmly ask.

 

She was holding some papers scanning it and went to one of her cabinet and start to dig on lots of papers. She looks serious.

"Busy?"

 

She stops and glance at me. She's wearing a trendy eyeglasses. Still the Sam I know who wants to wear eyeglasses that contact lenses.

 

"Kinda. . Im so sorry if I cant entertain you for know. Its just that. . Remeber the man I told you on a dinner? The stupid man?.." I nod ". . He's hurrying us. He's giving us so much pressure." She said and back to her business.

 

"Its okay. . Ahmm. . Do you have some time after work? Ahmm. . I just want to invite you and Alice for dinner . ." It takes her a few minutes to answer and when she found what she was looking for

 

"Im sorry Jessica but I'll spend my whole night here with these papers. And with that stupid, man." She looks pissed off. She really grown up. She lean her head sideward and look at Alice

". .Hmm. . But I guess there's someone whos isnt busy and can accompany you tonight." Smile.

 

"Really mommy?! Youre letting me to go with Aunt Jessica?!" Alice said excitedly.

 

She's smart. Sam nod and Alice run to her arms to give her a kiss.

 

"Don't super over use yourself. Okay mommy?"

 

"Yes, Mam!" Sam said saluting. She gave Alice on my hand

 

. "Jessica, Take care of my princess. And yourself. . Sweetie. . Ahmm . . Mommy has a lot of work to finish is it okay to you if you'll spend your night in Jessica's?"

 

"No worries mommy" Alice said. I look into Sam's face. Its clearly seen that she was lack of sleep. She must be very tired now.

 

"Dont worry. . I'll take care of her. " I said. A woman came in to call Sam.

 

"Okay, I need to go now. Sweetie, eat and sleep well okay?" Alice nod. She left and she stuck her head on the door.

 

"You too Jessica." She said. She was really caring to others. I hope she's caring herself well too.

 

-- ---

 

Sam came on my house to get Alice and leave. The next hours was only me now. I went to our dorm. At the rooftop I keep on listening to the songs Alice left me. I dont have the chance to say what I feel to her because whenever Im with her Alice was also there and she wouldnt let Sam leave her. I still have time to say those words personally to her. And we can be together. But right then, last night Alice told me that she's still hoping to have her dad. She wants to live with her mom and dad. I saw in her eyes that she was hoping like hell. There's loneliness in her eyes. All the hopes that I have to be with Sam washed away. Im too late.