Start

Wasted

12 midnight, I was so wasted.

 

There's two es hit me. I swear they'll pay for puting dirt on my face.  

 

"Damn you, ES!!" I shouted as loud as I can.

 

They turned their heels on me. I can see in their eyes that they're mad as hell.  

 

After a moment they'd start on hitting me again.

 

I must admit it, that every slap or maybe punch and kick they made brings so much pain.

 

After a while no one knows who honked a horn of her/his car and it made those es a chicken.

 

The driver of that car the head ligts of her/his car that made them run so fast and made me blind.  

 

"Ahh!! Turn off that lights!" I shouted again rubbing my eyes.

My eyes were really weak with this kind of thing.

 

I heard a clicking of heels coming towards me. Oh, well this driver must be a girl. She try to help me up.  

 

"Oh my God, Are you okay?" She ask with so much worry and scared tone, I think.

 

I truly dont understand what she's talking about because she's using their language. She removed my hands from my eyes and I tried to open my eyes but I cant because of that lights.  

 

"Can you please turn off those lights?! It blinded me!" I said.

 

She let go off my hands. She understand what I said and she's using english now."Oh okay. Just wait here."

 She came back after she did what i said. " Are you okay?! Oh my God, you should be here in these late hours!"

 

She carried me inside her car.   "Where are we going?!" I said weakly. \

 

I closed my eyes.  

 

"To the hospital." She answered and start the engine.  

 

I look at her and smirk."Owh. Yeah, hospital my home."

 

She frown and trying to hide her face. Whats wrong? "Why are you hiding youre face?" I ask.

 

She took glace at me and look at the road again.  

 

"You dont know me?" She ask. She made a you-dont-know-me-,a -Princess look.  

 

I chuckle. "Why would I know you?!"

 

She seems not happy on what I said.

"Are you the Princess of Korea?! If that so . .Im sorry your majesty, for making you drive me at the hospital with your car. Or youre a also but Your a popular ?! Is that who you are?!"

 

I smile bitterly and close my eyes again.

 

Everything was so painful. It makes me cry. I can feel tears escaped from my eyes down to my cheeks.

 

Why do I need to suffer from loneliness? Why?

 

-JESSICA

 

I was  so pissed off with this girl.  How could this girl call me a ?! I should have let her die in that road with those es. I regret a lot that I saved her.  

 

I stopped the car and was about to say to get out of my car when I saw her crying. Even if she's not talking I can feel that she was hurt, outside and inside. Now, I feel pity for her. She wiped her tears and peeped on the outside of the window.

 

"Are we here?! I cant see any hospital here?!" she look at me "Oh. Maybe, You realized that you dont owe me, right? So you want me to get out of your car and bring my to a ing hospital with myself. Isnt it? Okay" She said and trying to open the door and get out.

 

I wouldnt let her to do that so I start to drive again that made her abacked. I glance at her and noticed that she's not on her seatbelt so I stop the car again and put it on to her.

 

We finally arrived at the hospital. I doubt to enter at the hospital with a wasted girl because they might recognize me and made me on the news tomorrow morning saying "SNSD Jessica, got into trouble with her friend" or "SNSD Jessica, let a girl be hitted" or .. Or . . Worst news more than all of these.

 

I stare at her shes unlocking the seatbelt and she was too dumb to do it so I made it for her. A smile formed on her lips and she clumsily open the door of my car. "There's no need to be with me Princess. They might get wild when they see you. Its my home anyway and thank you for the ride" She said and stepped out of my car.

 

I open the window just to make sure she'll be okay since she's too clumsy. She was just a meter away from my car when she tripped and fall really hard.

 

I quickly get out of my car and came to her. This girl was really clumsy. I put out all of my strenght to make her stand. Damn this little kid how can she still manage to smile?! This girl was extraordinary.

 

"Im so sorry. . For wasting your time Princess. ."

 

True.

 

Its true that you wasted my time and you're still wasting it because you're making this hard for me to carry you on that hospital that was about just 10 meters away.

 

"Okay, If you really feel sorry, try to step your foot so we can reach that hospital."

 

I hesitate whether to tell her my name or just let her know me as a popular of our town or a Princess. Since, I dont want her to be remembered as that so I decided to tell her that Im Jessica Jung but I caught off guard when she faced me and says my name.

 

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon"

 

She smile, put her left arm on my cheeks and . .

 

and kissed me.

 

I was so shocked with that and just stood there letting this girl kiss me.

 

After maybe it was a minute she broke from a kiss and start to walk like a zombie towards the hospital. I blinked my eyes a hundred times trying to think what just had happen a minute ago.

 

I snapped when an idea of paparazzi crossed in my mind. I looked around and it seems no one saw us kissing. I was thinking of just getting into my car and leave when a nurse rushed to that girl to drag her inside and she saw me. Of course, she was starstruck and made me help her from doing that.

 

-Sam

 

I woke up with some bandage on my face and arms. I was so wasted last night but I do know what happened. Two es hit me. A young lady helped me to get here.

 

It was Jessica.

 

And the Kiss...

 

I kissed her.  

 

A nurse came in on my ward and the TV. "Youre on the news." she said while looking at the screen.  

 

I cant understand what she and the news talking about.

 

Jessica's picture show on the screen with tag of "SNSD Jessica, An Angel Savior" .

 

A savior?!

 

The reporter must knew all about her helping me.

 

I wish they dont know about the kiss.  

 

This nurse was about to say something but I beat her from doing it .

 

"Miss, if youre going to say something please say it in english so it will not be futile. Please"

 

She nod and take a long breathe . "I heard that some reporters will be here on a minute to make some interview with you."  

 

My eyes widened with her statement. What they want to know from me?! That if its true that Jessica helped me?!

 

Or . . . Ah!!

Whatever. I just need to get out of here. I get off my off on my bed and grab my bag.  

 

"Where are you going?!"  

 

I look at her and smile. "I need to get out of here now. You know, Im not cool infront of the camera and Im at interviews."  

 

She chuckle. "You dont want to be seen on tv?"

 

"Not with this face" I said pointing my ruined face caused by those little punk.

 

She chuckle again.

 

"Im going to pay, dont worry. And I need some ointment for these flesh can you show me the way to do that?!" I ask.

 

She smile. "No need to pay. Jessica, paid all your bills. C'mon I'll get you some ointment and I just need some information of yours" She said and beckoned me to follow her.

 

She ask my profile but I actually gave her a name that wasnt mine. I just told her that Im Alice Everdeen which is funny because Im referring it to Alice in wonderland story and the Everdeen came from a fiction that I read.

 

"okay. Is these enough to make my face turned back to how it looks like before?!" I  ask the nurse  and she nod. "Okay. Thank you . Im going now. ." I turned my heels but step backward when I saw a few reporters.

 

Crap.

 

I looked to my nurse. "Wheres the back exit?!" I ask and she held my hand to drag me there.

 

-Jessica

 

A news telling me that Im a Savior and my manager and the SM entertainment said that it will be nice to cover some videos of me with that girl. Im not into the idea because I just want to forget about that day when I helped a girl and who dare to kiss me.

 

We're outside at the hospital now and we're going to use the back door because I heard that reporters were waiting for us on the front door and it will be hard for us to enter.

 

The idea was fine with me so I voluntary open the door. When I slowly opening it someone pulled it so hard that made me stepped inside and hit on this girl's body.

 

I looked up and I was so surprised to see who is it.

 

It was the girl who dare to kiss me!

 

I step back when I noticed that our faces was just an inch away. She look at me and smile.

 

My manager talk when he notice that Im not moving. "Jessica, 'cmmon." He said but still my body wont move. He stare at the girl infront of us. "Owh. Is she the girl you've saved?!" He ask.

 

I just nod my head and let him ask this girl on what is she doing here. "Where are you going?! Arent you supposed to be ---" He was asking her when she cut him off.

 

"Im so sorry Sir, but I cant understand you. If youre talking about me, being here well, I want you to know that Im not going to that ward again sitting infront of the camera answering questions and to tell you the truth Im not good at interviews. And. . " she glance at the nurse beside her ". .Like what I said earlier with this lady, Im not cool infront of the camera so BYE!" She said and passed me by but she stops just to say "Owh By the way, Thank you for helping me yesterday, My Savior."  and go away.

 

I can see her carefully walking on the street and wave for a cab. I was so focus to her that I didnt even noticed that my manager was not here already and chasing that girl?

 

-Sam  

 

 I dialled my friend's number because his arrival was exactly at 9am but I guess I'll be late. He'll stay for a week! Im so excited.

 

His name was Michael but I used to call him Mich. His a gay.

 

"Hey! Mich, Im on my way now. Im sorry if Im late."  

 

"Okay, Just be quick okay?!"

 

"Okay. I'll be there in 20minutes. Just stay there. Bye!"    

 

---

 

The way that girl talk and smile was something. That was the reason why the manager of Jessica chase after her.

 

Alice Everdeen dont know about it until he came to her house.  

 

"Yah! Sam, I cant understand what all these people talking. Is there any show that fit for us?" My friend was irritated by the shows because we really cant understand it.

 

"Haha. Same here! You know what, I'll just turn on that tv and sleep. I cant really understand what their saying but I understand some like saranghaeyo, annyeonghaseyo, unnie, oppa, omma, nonna, appa, juwae?? Thats all. Haha."

 

 A news flash on the tv about an Idol who saved a girl.

 

Well, well, this was the news about Jessica as a Savior?!

 

The news revealed my name as Alice Everdeen which made me laugh.

 

"Why are you laughing.?!"

 

"Ah.. Nothing I just found that name funny. Alice Everdeen." I said.  

 

"okay. Better turn it off then!" He said and turned off the tv.

 

He prepared a lunch for the both of us. Its delicious! He can cook and I can only fry.

 

Im finish on mine but he still eating. I made some milk shake because I feel so hot.

 

Im enjoying my milk shake and my friend still eating when someone knocked on my door.

 

Huh?!  

 

"Hmm.. Sam, are you expecting someone to come? Is that your friend here?" He ask.

 

I shrugged.

 

I have no idea who is it so I stand and open the door.

 

Oh!? This man is familiar. "Hello. Good Noon. " He greeted.

 

Oh! Yeah! He's the man in the hospital with Jessica. I closed the door a little just to say to my friend that we have aguest and he needs to wear something

" Mich, change your clothes. We have a guests here."

 

He was just wearing short and sando and he dont want to people see him in that state so, yeah.

 

He rushed to the bed room to change and I welcomed the two men here. "Hi, Come in."

 

My condo was a mess so I can sense that they are uncomfortable.

 

"Im so sorry about my unit. Its a mess I know but believe me I'll try to clean it  for next time you visit me.".

I have no lots of time because me and Mich decided to go out after lunch.

 

"And Im so sorry because I and my friend here don't have a lot of time , so who are you, really and whats your business?"  

 

Im expecting him to answer but I found out that this other man was an interpreter and I finds it funny. "Im here to offer you something."he said.  

 

Offer?

 

"Oh really? What offer?" I was curious to death now. Please dont tell it was an interview offer?! Hell No!  

 

Im ready to reject the offer if I was right that it was an interview but..

 

"Im offering you to train on singing, dancing and all."

 

what?! as in W H A T ?!! He wants me to train as what?! What for?!

 

"I want you to train to be an idol" I cant believe it.

 

Really. That's my biggest dream two years before.  

 

Yes, I dreamed about of being an idol here but when my life and I started to live as a wasted little girl I gave up that dream. Now, here, right now, a man telling me I can make it that dream come true.

 

"Why?"

 

Thats the only word comes out from my stiff mouth.

 

He explained it to me how I caught his attention and he said that I have the guts to become one of the idols, so yeah, thats the reason why. My friend cant believe it too and he looks much happier than me.  

 

He ask me some question. "Can you sing?"

 

"She's amazing" My friend answered

 

"Can you dance?"  

 

"Yes. . Maybe. oh no! Of course. . Yeah if not then whats the use of training right?!" my friend answered again.

 

I cant do anything and just smile with my friend.  

 

"Well, thats good. Ahmm.. Are you studying?".  

 

Mich's big mouth was full of foods so its my chance to answer the question that was for me.

 

"Yes."

 

They give me the look REALLY?! AS IN FOR REAL?!

 

"Oh. .Really?? Where? What are you taking up?"  

 

"In California---"

 

"She's taking up BS Mechanical Engineering!" Mich, beat me from answering again. And there they go again giving me a look of REALLY?! A-BRAT-LIKE YOU-TAKING-UP-ENGINEERING??

 

"ENGINEERING?! REALLY? Is he saying the truth?"    

 

What?! I dont have the rights to study with a course of engineering?

 

"Really. Yeah, I know I look like a brat, so stubborn, and sometimes I was so wasted but unfortunately its true. Im one of the future Engineer" I said and smile.

 

They let out a big sigh. Maybe because it'll be hard for me if I'll be an idol already and yet Im attending school.

 

"Does the offer was still on?" I ask just to make sure and to see if they're still into that offer after what they discovered.  

 

They exchange glances. "Yes. Of course. You can start tomorrow I'll pick you up tomorrow at one --"  

 

I cut him off . "Wooah! Dude slow down. Hell no. I cant start tomorrow because I have a friend here and he'll be staying just for a week . So, maybe after a week?"  

 

All set!

 

They left.

 

After that me and my friend went outside to have some fun and to be wasted again, on my part.

 

A week past by so fast. My friend came back to our country. So, I guess its going to be a long day everyday, right?!     

 

 Like what he said (the manager) he picked me up at exactly one pm. He's very punctual.

 

We arrived at a dance room I guess. There are plenty of korean youth whose stretchining their legs, arm and all. Are they trainee too? Maybe. This man introduced me to a lady she's maybe on her 30's and she will be our trainor or something like that. I change my clothes into a comfortable and proper one.

 

Our trainor-I guess- pulled me infront. She wants me to introduce myself. Oh no, I cant speak their language. How should I introduce myself? Maybe I should start it with their greetings and the rest . . Ah!! just do it.

 

"Hello, Im Sam Castro. But you can call me Alice or or Anything. Nice to see you all." I said and bowed a little.    

 

 After that we start to stretch our body. I had a hard time doing those things because believe me, their stretching was not easy and God, its been a long time since I did this.

 

Its an hour break time. I put my earphones on and ready to hit the play button when I heard my name.

 

"Blah. .blah. .blah.. h? Alishh? Blah. .blah. .".

 

I cant understand a word so I look into the mirror that reflect them and I saw them glaring at me. I guess I made a haters for the first day of my training. I took off my earphones and said

 

"Owh! Please, ES. If you have something to say about me, Say it to my face." I turned to their direction and they seemed all shock.

 

What?! Because I called you ? I hissed and walked outside.   

 

The next day Mr. Kang (the manager) talked to me about the show yesterday where I called those girls, es. He said that its not a good thing and I should apologize to them. And I should have a MANNERS. I tried to defend myself but still he said I should have manners. So I decided to raise my flag and just do what he wants.    

 

 I stepped on the dance room and approached those four es. "Hey, about yesterday, Im so sorry bitc-- ah I mean girls about it and I didnt meant it. Really. And from now on I'll be nice to all--"

 

Okay, Let me explain this I was being sorry here but this one girl cut me off that pissed me off.

 

"Did you hear something?! Oh! Its must be a Satan or a daugther of Satan. But does Satan blood even apologize? Because I heard like she's saying sorry? Not a sincere one" She said. Her fellow es just nod their heads nervously.   

 

 I dont have a time to play. Im very sincere here and the act of this just made me do this. "Okay, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. . How many are we here again? 21? Okay from now on I'll try to be nice to all except with this whos telling that Im invicible and a daughter of Satan. Such a ." And then I stepped out to that room.    

 

 I came back after a minute because our stretching session again will start.

 

After that most of the trainee here came to me asking if they can be my friends and I said "Yes, Why not."

 

Days past and all of us were improving everyday. Days are getting better on my side but with the one here I can see that her days are getting wrong. Her friends didnt approach her anymore instead they stick to me. Most of the trainees here used to call her and they shouldnt do that. I feel sorry for her.     

 

One morning, I decided to approach her again and try to be friend with her. "Hey. ." I called. ". .Im sorry Jikyu. Really. And Im sincere here, you know. Im sorry for calling you . I know in the first place that it was wrong. Im sorry, It just that I once live and studied at California and most of the people there addressing every girl as a so . . You know, I felt like its one of the expression nowadays. But I was so careless that I didnt know better that Im on a different place wherein respect was very important here. So, Im sorry bit-- oh! Jikyu. And you can call me if you want to. I didnt mind it either. So. . Lets be friend?!". By this moment I doubt that she understand all the things that I said but I know that she knows that I said sorry and asking her to be my friend.

After a minute she smile and say "why not. . . " and by that we laugh.      

 

 It was Sunday and I dont have anything to do so I decided to go out and have a little fun. As usual I arrived at a certain bar and started to drink. There's this one guy I noticed that keep staring me all the time. Jerk.

 

After a while he aproached with a stupid smirk in his face. "Hi."  

 

"oh! Hi!" I greeted after I shot another glass of vodka."What do you want?" I ask.  

 

"Ah. . Maybe, we can be friends? You know, its much better if you have someone to accompany yo--"

 

 I cut him off when I felt that Im drunk already.

 

"Sure. Friend. Your offer?! Maybe next time because Im going now." I said.

 

He just smile and I walk towards the door. Im more than close to the exit when a girl blocked me. "What the hell ?!" I ask.

 

She didnt answer but she grab me like a trash outside. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

 

She smirk. "Owh. Dont be too innocent. You just called me and now your asking?! And you just show flirty thing to my boyfriend and your asking whats wrong?!!"

 

What the hell? How would I know that he's already taken, ?! Ah!!! So dumb.    

 

"Okay ,, what do you want now--" I stop and a slap, a strong slap landed on my face. I was so daze by that. The next thing happened, I dont know because here I am now on a bed of someone I dont know.   

 

My head hurts and Im hungry. And most of all where am I?! The door swung open and Mr. Kang appeared. So, Im on Mr. Kang's house?

 

"Hey." He said  

 

 "Oh. Hey. How come that Im here at your house?" I ask. He gave me a serious look. Well, I guess we will have a serious talk here.  

 

"The bartender of that bar called me. What trouble are you in again?! Look at yourself you have another bruise on your face! And this wasnt my house."

 

 "Not your house?! Oh. Really. . Then who own this?" I ask him but he just gave me the look of -Answer my question first kiddo-.

 

"Okay. Okay. I was drunk that time and a came after me because she said that I flirted with his boyfriend which is sooo misunderstanding. I didnt flirt with him. He just wants to be my friend. Thats all. That was a stupid ."

 

He glare at me because of not picking a good words. What can I do?! Im used to that words.  

 

"Okay. I dont want this things to happen again AND I dont want you to ruin your face again. So, I decided that youre going to live here."  

 

"What?! Live here?! No thanks Mister. I have my condo unit remember? I wont do that again. Really. Just dont--"

 

"Yes, I know but just to make sure that youre not going to do things like this again you'll live here." My head still hurts so I dont want this argument last longer so I just let myself noddin'.

 

"Good. Now, get up I'll help you to pick up your things now."  

 

Stupid.

 

Cant he see that I just woke up and I have  a hangover and every person needs a breakfast?!

 

"Can I eat first Mister?!"  

 

"I'll buy some food on a drive thru. C'mon."   As he promised he bought some foods and head to my condo unit to grab all my clothes.

 

-Jessica    

 

Its already late at night when our manager knocked. Were all surprised by him coming on that late . He was caring a girl on his back. We welcomed him and let him drag that drunk girl on the couch. When she was already lying on our couch I was shock because that girl was Alice Everdeen. All the people here were asking who is that girl and what happened except me. I guess I have an idea. She must be wasted again and got hit by someone.