8

Wasted

        Im going back to California tomorrow, for good. Alice will start to attend school and I want her to study at California. Before I leave this place I decided to went on SNSD's dorm where I experienced love. These past few days was amazing because I got to have sometime with her. She looks happy. Thats why I never once bring or talk about my love for her. She was already dating anyway. I still love her. .

 

   No one lives here anymore. All of them are on their own house with their families. Tiffany gave me a key to entered this dorm. But I guess its useless because the door was unlock. I opened it and stepped inside. I look around to see who's in here but I found no one. I went up to the rooftop. Its the most memorable place for me. This is the place where Jessica broke my heart. Im surprised when I saw a familiar figure sitting on that bench. This is familiar. Very familiar.

 

      I sit beside her. Again, she was surprised.

"Sam. ." she said and pulling out her earphones.

 

"Hi. What are you doing here?" I ask and smile, looking at the sky.

 

"Nothing. . How about you, what are you doing here?" She ask. She was staring at me all the time.

 

"I just want to see the sunset here for the last time. You know, Im going back to California tomorrow morning."

 

"So, its true. ." she murmured

 

"Yeah. " A moment of silence.

 

"How are you? How are you in your five years? I know that Tiffany, Taeyeon, Seohyun and the others already ask that and Im there to hear your answer but. . I just want to know if that's really what your answer is. " She ask.

 

I smile. "hmm.. Its been the hardest but a happy years for me. Its hard because I have Alice to care and I need to study at the same time. . And. . Sometimes there's a sleepless nights where I think about a certain person. . That person made my heart beats so fast but in just a snap of a finger, she made my heart divided into pieces. But its okay, because now, we have our own wonderful life " I answered truthfully.

 

She smiled bitterly. "May I know who is this person?"

 

I take a deep breathe and look at her "It was you." I pause "It was you Ms. Jung" She look away.

 

"Im very lucky to be loved by you and Im so stupid to broke your heart. . . " she stops because her tears was about to fall.

"By the way. .Where is Alice's Dad? Did he. . . . abandoned you and Alice?"

 

I take a deep breathe first again.

"I dont know where he is. Yes, he left when I told him that Im pregnant. But it was just fine with me. I fell in love with that guy. Maybe, I fell inlove. I dont hate him though". I smile and look at her

" You Jessica, how's your five years? You lived well, right? How's your date with a gorgeous man?" I ask

 

"It was bad. Im always having a hard time to sleep. . " Our eyes were locked. ". .I felt so much loneliness. The seven of us were already settled but I was being left behind because Im waiting for someone. . . And that man, he was good, nice and gentleman. Its good to date someone like him but. . . . Im . . I think Im still in love with another person. " She stops. "Sam, Am I still your Summer Love?" she continued.

 

It was a long pause before I answer."Yes." I softly answered.

 

She pulled out her phone. No, its my phone. The one that I left to her

."I always playing those songs. The first song makes me sad and the second one makes me smile. ."

 

"Am I wrong to put the first song?. . Because it makes you sad. ." I said. She didnt answer my question.

 

"I want to tell you something. " She said and gave me the phone. I open it and theres a not saying:

Youre my Summer Love too, Alice. I love you. You made me love you without doing anything. Can we still be together?

                                                                                                                                                                                 -Jessica

 

"I guess youre wrong. Because you made me love you."

I read it again and again and tears stars to flow.

"W-Why?"

Her eyes were teary again. "I-Its too late r-right?".

 

Yes, it was. my tears became worst. It wont stop.

 

"Jessica. . . It was late. V-very l--ate. I love you but I have Alice now. I-I want to give her a normal life. I want to give her the life that she wants. . . You understand ..?"

She was crying now.

"Why does fate was being rude to us? Why does love comes at the wrong time?" I said and I slowly lean for a kiss. I broke from the kiss. She gently held my head

 

" Because one of us gone stupid. . . And it was me, Sam. . Im stupid because I didnt let myself to love you at the first place. Ive been a coward. . And now. . Like what you said, Im saying I love you but its too late." she pause. "I love you Alice. . I love you"

 

Her words. Those three words with my name that I've been waiting for a long time finally comes out on . I want to be responsible with those words. I want to take care of it. I want to claim it. I want to say I love you too and be with her. But I cant . . and all I can do was cry. Cry for the burden of love.

 

Imagine this. Jessica and me sitting on a bench at the rooftop. Facing the beautiful city of Korea with the bloody sky. Theres a bunch of flowers on our back side. A small garage on the left side. Me, crying on my knees. Jessica, facing on my side crying so hard. The sight was zooning out. Youre leaving the sorrowful scene. A painful scene from our back side view.

 

Its too late. Too late for the two of us.

 

Love knows no boundaries but it has a lot of consequences. Five years ago I questioned a lot about love. Now, I know all the answers for it. Its just that we cant choose who should we love. On our next life. . I think you will still be my Love. The one who will makes my heart beats crazy. My heart will always love you. And I'll be glad if we can be happily together on that time.