One More Time

Wasted

Seven years past.

 

Alice rushed down the stairs with her Dad to me in the kitchen.

"Mom!" She called out.

 

"What?" I ask.

She hugged me. I look at my husband who's leaning on the wall. Arm crossed. Smiling and being handsome in his own way.

"Can we spend our summer vacation in Korea? " She said.

 

I look at her and to her dad. Giving him a -What is she talking about?- look.

 

"Mom! Dont look at dad like that! His on my side already. "

I sigh. "What else I can do then?".

Alice hug me and jump.My husband came to us and we made a group hug.

Alice always insisting me to spend our vacation in Korea but I always makes excuses. My husband knows the reason why am I always doing that. I told him. But now, I guess he wants me to really move on.

 

Were sitting on a large size of dining set. I was so confuse. Why does my husband and Alice chose this? Were only three. I was about to speak when I saw Jessica with her husband and cute little kids.

 

"Aunt Jessica!" Alice called out

 

. Despite of having three kids she's still fit and beautiful. They walk towards us. Were looking at each other. Smiling like idiot.

 

"Hi. ." I greet.

"Hi. ." She greet.

 

Its been seven years but she still have the same effect to me. She was just breathe taking.

 

"Sam!. ." I look at Alice because I thought she was calling me. ". . You have two brothers now? You didnt tell me! I wish that I have a little sister or brother too." Alice said to one of Jessica's kids.

 

Jessica's eldest name was Sam? I look at her and she just nod. She knows what I meant.

 

"Alice unnie, my parents were in a hurry now. Thats why I instantly have these two. You know, theyre not that young as your parents." Little sam said.

 

We laugh. A genuine laugh. I look at Jessica and then I mouthed the words "Im happy for you" and she did the same. I stare her with her caring and sweet husband with her kids. I was really happy. Really.

 

We sit, talk and eat here with our happy hearts.

 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the Plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

 

----

God has a better plan for me than I have for myself.