Chapter o1

Wasted
Im happy whenever my mom tells me a story about how she and dad met. But the story of my grandmother still the best. She is living somewhere we don't know. Even my mom doesnt know where. I miss her a lot. Back then she always let me sit beside her and listen to her true love story. It's kinda odd for me how she address her true love as a girl but later on I completely understood it. My mom seems a clueless about it. My mom just know that her mom is inlove with her dad.
 
My grand mother started living somewhere we don't know when grandDad died. It must be really painful for her. And I just don't understand why she decided to live alone. Whenever she is now, I wish her every bit of her life to be happy.
 
My gorgeous parents are Mr & Mrs. Luke Baker. I have a brother named Ralph. He is caring and the best brother you can ever have. He is kinda protective to me especially to my bachelors friend. I love even though.
 
Im Jessy Baker and Im already seventeen. Im starting get to excited to meet my true love. My name has been recommended by my grandmother. I don't know why. But I love it.
 
My parents raised as to be conservatived. I understand it very well but I can't promise to be one because I have a feeling that soon I will meet my true love.

"Little Fella. Jessy, Are you done changing!?" My brother shouted


" Im coming!" I replied
 

I walked down the stairs. " What takes you so long huh?" he said " We are soo going to be late now."
 

I just laugh at him and put my bag on my back. " Mom! were going bye!" I said kissing my mom.

 
__
 

We arrived at school just in time because of my brother's speedy drive.
It's our last day of school actually and I don't know what to do this summer. The voice of my grandmothe's voice echoed in my ears saying"true love". I will have a completely busy summer !

 

 
"Hey!" Sarah called
She is my bestfriend.
 

 

"Hey, what's up now Sarah?"

 

"Nothing much except that I met a guy for the last day of school!" she happily said

 
 
Im so happy for her. Wow. This is amazing.
 

 

"Who's the lucky guy?" I ask

 

 

"Hmm.. He is from class C and we just met earlier on my way here! And guess what?"

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"He ask me on a date. I know its very sudden but he actually ask me somewhere safe which is our house . You know, he doesnt want me to think that he is just up to--"

 
I cut her "Yeah yeah.. I know."
 

 

"Yeah" she said, smiling.

 

 

She's happy. I can tell the way she talk. Plus, her smile.

 

 

"Congratulations, then"

 

 

" Thank you very much. How about you? Is there any guy this time that caught the attention of you miss Baker?" she teasingly said

 

 

I shook my head.

 

 

"Owh. Very picky. What exactly are you waiting, ha?!"

 
 
We both laugh. 
Am I really picky or my heart? I don't want to be sound as a very picky girl its just that I can't feel anything from all the guys I met. Remember my grandmother's love? I want to have that. Because in that way I will be happy even things will get rough between the two of us.
 

 

"Not  so long."

 

 

"How I wish for that." and laugh again.

 

 

"I appreciate it." I said "Actually, Im planning to find it for myself."

 

 

"Woah. Girl, you're what?"

 

 

"You heard me. I actually want to tell you that I'll be spending my time somewhere .. um.. Somewhere in Korea." I said.

 

 

"Korea?! What for? I mean, why do you need to go in there? Don't tell you're was an Asian that's why you are going in that Korea country?!"

 

 

Typical Sarah. Always jumping into conclusion.

 

 

"No, not really. The main reason is .. my grandmother."

 
 
"Youre grandmother? Really?! And How'd you know that she's there?"
 

 

We sat in some chairs in the cafeteria with our shakes.

 

 

"I heard it from the conversation of my mom and dad"

 

 

"Such an eavesdropper" she said "umm.., you know what, I can join you if you want--"

 

 

"Of course you can't ! Don't worry about me. Im big enough, mother. And I don't want to be the wrecker of your love life, you know." I said ".. Im going there this coming Saturday."

 

 

"Already?!"

 

 

"Yeah."

 

 

"Oh. Good luck, honey"

 

 

--
Telling my plan is the first thing I did when I got home. I can see in my mom's face that she's worried. She even recommend to let my brother join me but Im not in the idea. He has a girlfriend and I know better that he wants to spend his summer with her.

 

 

"Be careful ok? Just call us if you need something. Im going to tell to your father when he's home."

 

 

I nodded and gave her a tight hug.

 

 

"Thank you Mom." I said " One more thing, can I ask where exactly my grandmother is? I kinda miss her."

 

 

My mom thinks about saying it to me or not. "I don't know if his is a good idea. She maybe want some time alone still. But if youre wih her I can assure your safety." she said "she's in. . . Cheongsan-do"

 

I typed the place in my phone and my mom told me what plane and bus and ship as well should I take. After that she described the place and it made me more excited to be there. 

 

"Your grandmother took me in that place one time and it's very beautiful."That's your grandmother's favorite place and when I got there it has been my favorite as well. Im happy thatyou are going to see it by yourself." she said

 

                                                                  
 
 
 
 
"Korea is a beautiful place. If I can, I want to come with you. Im sorry."
 

 

"No worries mom. I fine. Im actually seeking for some adventure or some exploration alone" I smiled for assurance.

 

 

 

---
I woke up early. Excited to went on shopping for some set of clothes. I called Sarah to join.
 

 

"You are excited." I look at her.

 

 

"Its really obvious?" I smile.

 

 

"Yeah. It is. Very Much! C'mon lets have something to eat. My farewell treat" she said "Im starving"

 

 

We entered in McDonald at she ordered for us.

 

 

I pulled out the notebook that I bought for my trip. Im perfectly excited to write beautiful things in here.

 

 

Sarah came with fries, chickens and burgers in her hand. "Youre starving that much for fastfoods?!"

 

 

She nods and starts to eat.

 
 
"So, promise me that you are going to text me every in a while. Okay?! And PROMISE me that I will be the FIRST person that you are going to call me if you found the one . Is that clear?!"
 

 

"Yes. I promise, ommoni."

 

 

"What ommni? Omi? What did you say?"

 

 

I laugh at her. " Its Om-mo-ni . Its a Korean word. Mom taught me some."

 
 
"Youre mom? you didn't tell that you have a Korean blood--"
 
 
I cut her off before she jump into another conclusion again.
 
 
"No, it's not what you think. My grandmother lived there and she always bring my mom with her thats why. by the way it means ugly."
 
 
"Hey! Thats not fair!!"
 

 

"Im just kidding. Its actually means Mother. You always act like my mother."

 

 

"Im not a mother. Im just really worried and Im your bestfriend you know"

 

 

"Yeah, I know I know Ommoni."

 

 

"Stop it."

 
---
 

 

After we made some shopping we bought my ticket.

 
I lay on my bed and just feel excited for tomorrow.