Chapter o3

Wasted
My hand instantly finds its place in my cellphone when I woke up.
 

 

Its 9:oo in the morning. My eyes flutter when the rays of sun directed in my eyes.

 

 

I opened the messages in my phone, with my still half sleepy eyes.

 

 

Two messages.

 

 

From: Sarah
Hey! What's with hanging me in your first day there?! Huh?! Now, prepare for your story, ok?!. Let me know all the things happened yesterday. C'mon call me, now!

 

 

I smirked and dialled her number.

 

 

"Hey! What now?"

 

 

"Hey, good morning. Can you wait for a bit? I just need to call my mom first, because I knew better that we will have a long conversation here. Ok. Bye"

 

 

I said and immediately press the red button before she blurt out something back.

 

 

I dialed my mom's number and a warm voice greet me.

 

 

"Good morning sweetheart. Did you eat your breakfast?"

 

 

"Not yet mom. I just woke up." I said as I crawled out of my bed.

 

 

"Oh. You sure must be a lazy little girl who needs a mom to wake you up early" she said, not in a seroius manner. "what do you have there for breakfast?"

 

 

I scanned in the refrigeration and found nothing but a fresh milk, water and fruits. I took a box of milk.

 

 

"Yeah. I must be like that. Hmm. . For breakfast, let's see." I proceed in the kitchen to get a box of cereal. "a box of cereal here and a milk. My typical breakfast"

 

 

"Really?"

 

 

"Yup"

 

 

"How come?"

 

 

"I actually bought this foods yesterday. That's why, mom"

 

 

"Sure you are." a fit of laughter let out in  "Ok. Eat all those up and I need to go now. Bye, sweetheart and don't forget to start this day with a smile. Call me when the day comes to its end. And that's an order"

 

 

Cool mom as ever.

 

 

"I will, bye. I love you"

 

 

"I love you too."

 

 

I munched a spoonful of cereal in my mouth and opened the message in my phone.

 

 

From: Samatha
  Good morning :) How's your first morning here? 
  Mine is good. If you care to know. 
  Can I lend your time for today? I just want to finish what I am looking immediately with your help. So?

 

 

Without thinking twice I replied yes to her.

 
 

 

We met in a street and she waved a cab to go to only God knows where.

 

 

I dont have any idea of what she is looking for and its my fault, I know. I didnt bother to ask and just let her knock in every door and ask the clerk of every hotel we've been.

 

 

Still I didnt ask why is she doing all this stuff. Im contented being with her.

 

 

Clock strikes in twelve. Lunch time.

 

 

"Why don't we take some break first? A luch perhaps."

 

 

She checked her wrist watch. "oh. Yeah. Lunch. Let's go."

 

 

We went in a restaurant and ordered a dish.

 

 

She sigh. "I dont know where to go anymore."

 

 

I can just bob in her dismay.

 

 

Another sigh.

 

 

"You know, its okay. All things has its end especially searching." I said "If needed, I can be your chaperone and support you all the way, until you find what you are looking for."

 
 
 
"Thank you. I appreciate it. Does bring you doesn't make any trouble in your plan on traveling here? I mean, you didn't travel here just to accompany someone."
 

 

True. But I can change my plans just for you.

 

 

"No, not at all"

 

 

"Thank you. By the way whats the reason you're here?" she ask after chewing her food completely.

 

 

"Uh, just planning to visit someone close to my heart."

 

 

"Oh. Your boyfriend?"

 

 

I choked.

 

 

"N-No. I dont have a boyfriend."

 

 

"Ah.. Then, a friend?"

 

 

"She is more than a friend. It's my grandmother."

 

 

I really want to see her now but Samatha is just a good reason to delay our reunion.

 

 

"Uh. I see. You know what, you can go and see her. I don't want to be the reason-"

 

 

I defeat her from saying what she wants because I knew what it is.

 

 

"No, really, It's absolutely ok. I can delay it. I still have a month to go there. I won't leave you without finding what are you searching for."

 

 

"But-"

 

 

"No more but's, please. My mind is clearly set already."

 

 

She can't protest anymore. "Fine, thank you again." she sigh again.

 

 

"What's with all the sigh? You really don't want me to be around?"

 

 

"No. Of course not. Im happy that someone like you is with me. Its just that I realized that I only have one month also to find that thing. Ugh. Im so stupid to lose it."

 

 

I thought I will finally know what we are looking for but, no.

 

 

"Don't be stress. We sure can find the. . . We sure can find it."

 

 

I will know it when we found it.

 

 

 

We start on wandering around again. This time we took a bus.  She yawned and closed her eyes. The next action she made me to stop breathing.

She rest her head in my shoulder. I can hear her breathing. Im so dumb frozen again. It didn't last long because we board already in our destination.

 

 

She went down first.

 

 

Then suddenly..

 

 

"Hi, you're pretty, miss. I'm Seonju."

 

 

A girl wearing her school uniform and  a thick make up on her face said. She voluntarily reachedmy hands and shake it andwink at me.

 

 

"You too are couple right? I saw how you stare at her. It looks like you really like her. And you look like an awful dog drooling to kiss her. Don't worry, I still likeyou " 

 

 

What?!! What the hell areyou saying?!

 

 

I really want to beat the mouth of this girl for saying things like that. 

 

 

Ah!!!What a shame.

 

 

Nosy kid. Stupid kid!

 

 

"Jessy, c'mon."

 

 

"Oh yeah" I covered my face using my both hands to cover my beatred cheeks from annoyance.

 

 

"Are you cold?"

 

 

"A-ah.. Yeah. It's pretty cold."

 

 

"I see. You wan to sip some hot chocolate first?"

 

 

"No, its ok. Let's just go on."

 

 

"Hmm.. You know that girl?"

 

 

"Huh? Who?"

 

 

"The girl in the bus."

 

 

"Ah.. Tch. No, I don't know her. Why?"

 

 

She chuckled.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"She annoyed you?"

 

 

"a-ah.. no, not really just a bit"

 

 

"What exactly did she say that made you like that?"

 

 

"I don't know. I forgot"

 

 

"you forgot? Are you serious?"

 

 

"Yeah. Let's don't talk about it. please?"

 

 

"Ok.Ok. I thought she's flirting with you.She even hold your hand"

 

 

She said lowering her gaze.

 

 

"Eh? Why would you think such things like that? And even she's flirting with me I won't respond to it and just ignore that little ,a-ah I mean girl! Yes,she hold my hands and I hate it."

 

 

"Good then." she mumble "...because I will beat her."

 

 

"What?" I ask her but she didn't answer me and just walk ahead from me.

 

 

Tch. Maybe I heard it wrong.

 

 

 

The day ends and we headed back to our respective place.

 

I took a shower and curse when I forgot one thing.

 

 

I looked for my phone and called Sarah. An obvious mad voice answered.

 

 

"Busy much?! Huh?! You just left and you already forgot your BESTFRIEND for a new girl?!!!"

 

 

I keep my ear a few inch in my phone.

 

 

"Hey. Im sorry, I forgot. Im sorry. Don't be mad. Its just that this girl has an effect to me.

 

 

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You forgot. Whatever! And what did you just say? She has an effect to you? Gosh. Are you saying that you like this girl?! How?! I don't even know that you like girls. If that's the case are you perhaps like me also--"

 
 
"Yah! Stop it! I like you but not in the way that youre thinking. And I don't even know, as well that I will like a girl. So, stop thinking nonsense. Will you?"
 

 

"Woah. Ok . Im just surprised."

 

 

"No, youre just being Sarah."

 

 

She hissed "Whatever Jessy Baker. Lets just talk about your newly diacovered trait. So, when you first saw this girl.. Oh whats her name first?"

 

 

"Samantha. Sam for short"

 

 

"For real? Hmm.. I guess it is your destiny to travel there and met a persons who named Sam."

 

 

"Exactly. Im actually seeing things like that. You know, I actually postpone my reunion with my grandmother for her. I think I really like her."

 

 

I heard a guffaw from her.

 

 

"What's funny?!"

 

 

I ask, half irritated.

 

 

"Oh gosh. I think girl, you're basically in love with that girl, Samantha."

 

 

"How'd you know that?"

 

 

"Because I knew better that you're not going to delay you're reunion with Sam, your grandmother for nothing. Youre not going to do that even in my birthday."

 

 

"That's not true. I didn't and I wont, never miss you're birthday"

 

 

"Yeah. Im so touched. But really, I think you are in love. Trust me this time. I also feel like postponing any event for.. You know who."

 

 

"Its sounds that someone is in love huh?!"

 

 

"Yes, I am. Im sure of it, unlike you my bestfriend."

 

 

"Im happy for you. Don't worry, I felt like youre right. I might be in love."

 

 

"That's what I am talking about. I wish you all the best! Ok, I need to end this now. He is here... We are going out for a date, again."

 

 

"ok. Bye. Take care."

 

 

"Likewise"

 
 

 

After the conversation with my bestfriend I didn't forget to call my mom just to say that I had a good day again. I also mentioned to her my visiting with my grandmother will be set away first. She ask why and I told her that I met a girl and I find her special so I chose to help her first. She didnt ask anymore question and just support me all the way.