Chapter 11: Journey

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 11

 

 

 

Same night as last chapter…

 

TaengSic’s apartment specifically at Jessica’s room...

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

 

Here I am, lying on my bed with too much to think about. Why on earth does she have to do that? Why does she have to kiss me? Why does she have to make me feel...

 

Weird?

 

Everything happened so fast that day. After what happened, I was stayed frozen until Dara unnie came back with our cakes. Silence filled us as we ate but I can feel her staring at me. I didn’t have the courage to look at her. Everything was too much for me to take in.

 

When I finished my food, I immediately took the chance to excuse myself and leave. At least she didn’t stop me from leaving. I’m afraid that if I stayed there any longer, I will only forget how it feels like to breathe again.

 

Well, it’s not everyday that someone comes up and confesses to you. But do I have to believe every word she said? She said those three words, looking straight into my eyes. How could I doubt that? Denial would only lead me astray. I knew I felt something when she kissed me. And the truth is,

 

I don’t know what that something is.

 

Could it be… love?

 

NO! I don’t think so. I’m hoping it’s not.

 

 

Please… let it be not.

 

 

 

But what will I do tomorrow when we see each other again? How can I ever face her after… that kiss?

 

AISH! That girl drives me crazy! She really is something. We only met a few days ago so how can she easily say she loves me? How can she fall for me in that short amount of time? But then again, I can’t say that it’s impossible, having experienced the same thing with Taeyeon.

 

Taengoo…

 

What scares me the most is her reaction if she ever finds out about Tiffany’s confession to me. I’m sure she’d be badly hurt if that ever happens. And because of that, what if she disowns me as a friend?

 

No… I can’t bear to have her hate me. Anything but that.

 

No, no, no. Taeyeon must NOT know about this. I guess I have no other choice.

 

I need to have a talk with Tiffany.

 

 

♣♠♦♥

 

 

The next day…

 

Author’s POV

 

 

Jessica was standing in front of the school gate. Waking up early isn’t what she normally does but she made an exception today. She was determined to have a nice talk with Tiffany after the incident.

 

Jessica had it all planned. Before leaving, she set up five alarm clocks beside Taeyeon to make sure the latter wakes up on time. Jessica also left a note saying that she needs to be early in school because of her club president’s duties. Knowing that Taeyeon would probably wake up after the fifth alarm and that she would be late for school, Jessica made breakfast for her. (Yes, you read it right. Jessica CAN cook here in my story… >///<)

 

And now all she needs to do is to wait for the lucky girl who took her very first kiss. For the nth time, Jessica shot a glance at her wristwatch to check the time. It was already 7am and still, no sign of Tiffany. She let out a sigh. Students were already coming inside the school which made Jessica do some second thoughts but in the end, she decided to stay outside and wait for a few more minutes.

 

Her patience didn’t go wasted as she finally saw Tiffany’s family car come into view. Jessica took a step back when the car had stopped in front of her. the car door opened and Tiffany came out with a wide grin on her face.

 

“Good morning Jess.” She greeted happily, not knowing that Jessica got struck with her bright smile for a few seconds.

 

Jessica gave her a strange look instead of greeting back. Just when Tiffany was about to utter a word, Jessica grabbed her hand and led the way to the journalism club’s room where she thought they could have some privacy. Tiffany was surprised at first but nonetheless, she fully enjoyed the feeling of Jessica’s hand on hers.

 

When they arrived, Jessica let go of Tiffany’s hand and closed the door behind her. Tiffany tilted her head in confusion upon noticing Jessica’s strange behavior but it amuses her in some way.

 

At long last, she finally has Jessica’s attention on her.

 

“Look. I wanted to ask you a favor and I hope you’d be willing to do it.” Jessica’s voice was calm but Tiffany could sense the uneasiness in it.

 

Their gazes met and what Tiffany noticed is Jessica’s pleading eyes, making her a bit nervous too. “Anything Jessi… I’d do anything for you.” She said sincerely.

 

The blonde closed her eyes and took a deep, calming breath. Then she forced herself to look at Tiffany again.

 

“Well… you see… it’s about what happened yesterday.”

 

“You mean OUR first kiss?”

 

Jessica felt her cheeks burning and she quickly looked away to avoid Tiffany’s knowing stare.

 

‘Stop blushing, my Jessi… Stop tempting me to kiss those puffy cheeks.’ Tiffany thought.

 

“I-um… Uh. You see…” Jessica tried to find the right words to say but she failed everytime she takes a glance at the girl in front of her thus making Tiffany giggle.

 

“Come on, Jessi. What is it you wanted to tell me?”

 

Jessica cleared . “You… you can’t tell anyone about it; your confession and that… err… kiss. Can you do that? Keep it a secret between us? Just… don’t tell anyone! Especially Taeyeon. Got that?”

 

“”TaeTae? But why not? When we’re finally official, we have to– “

 

“TIFFANY!!!” Jessica shot her a glare but Tiffany wasn’t much affected by it. Rather, Tiffany’s attention was fixated on the fact that Jessica had finally called her by her name.

 

Tiffany clasped her hands in delight and an eye smile formed on her pretty face. “You finally said it!”

 

“W-what?”

 

“My name! You finally said it!” Tiffany squealed, making Jessica roll her eyes.

 

“Whatever. But did you hear what I said? Don’t go around telling everyone what happened. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.”

 

Tiffany was still smiling. “Alright.”

 

Jessica sighed in relief. “Good.”

 

“But there’s one condition.”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow. “What?”

 

In a split second, Tiffany’s oh-so-sweet smile disappeared and was replaced by a serious expression on her face. “In exchange for that, you have to give me chance. Give me a chance to love you Jess… that’s all I ask for. Then, I’ll keep my mouth shut.”

 

Jessica was taken aback by Tiffany’s words. She never saw it coming. For a little while, she stared at her rival and pondered on what she has to do. After a few minutes of silence between them, she finally came to a decision she hoped she wouldn’t regret.

 

“Fine then. I’d give you a chance… and I’m hoping you won’t waste it because I’m not giving you a second one.

 

Show me all you got.”

 

A smile crept up on Tiffany’s face once again. For her, this will be the start of her own journey…

 

A journey to Jessica’s heart.

 

 

 

 

And there will be no turning back.

 

 

 


 

 

A/N: Hey there people! Our professors are still easy on us this week so I decided to update before they all turn us, students, into slaves. I'm not really confident with this one...

Anyway, thanks to all the new subscribers and to Silent_Screams for the up vote!

Next update? Hmm. Maybe on Monday??? Just maybe. Don't put your hopes up too much.

Have a nice day!