Chapter 2: The First Day

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 2

 

 

It was the first day of school in SM High School. On this day, most of the students got to school early to attend the morning assembly. Disregarding the fact that busy days are coming their way, they were mostly excited to see their old friends after a very short long vacation. Of course, no one wants to be late for the first day of classes, right?

 

Well… maybe Taeyeon and Jessica are exceptions.

 

Their school was not really far from their apartment. In fact, they could reach their school in five minutes if they wanted to but Jessica’s love for sleep always prevented them.

 

“Sica, hurry up! We’re not walking on the moon!” Taeyeon grabbed Jessica’s hand so they would get to school faster.

 

“Ugh. Relax Taeng. We’re already late for the assembly. That won’t change even if we run now.”

 

“Good idea!”

 

Without a warning, Taeyeon ran dragging a surprised Jessica with her. The latter did her best not to stumble on her feet as the older girl quickens her pace. Taeyeon didn’t stop until they reached the gym where the assembly was supposed to be held but when they got in, the students were already leaving.

 

“Uh… we didn’t make it.” Taeyeon let out a loud sigh.

 

“I told you so.” Jessica said as-the-matter-of-factly.

 

“It’s the first day and you two are already late. Tsk tsk. Some things never change.” A girl spoke from behind. Jessica and Taeyeon turned around and saw a familiar face grinning widely.

 

“Good morning Hyo.” The two greeted.

 

Hyoyeon stood between them and put her arms on around their shoulders. “Good morning to you too, my fellow blonde danshins.”

 

Jessica removed Hyo’s arm around her with annoyance on her face while Taeyeon just chuckled at Her friend’s remark. “If Sunny is here, the blonde danshins would be complete. Speaking of that bunny, where is she?”

 

“Oh. I think she went over to the school’s bulletin board to see our class section.” Hyo answered.

 

“Oh yeah! We should check it out too!” Taeyeon said excitedly.

 

The three made their way to the school’s huge bulletin board where a crowd of students are looking for their respective names. Among the crowd, they say Sunny come out of the sea of people. They walked towards her.

 

“So what class are you in Sunny?” Taeyeon asked her immediately.

 

Sunny let out a breath before answering. “I’m in class 3-B, same as Hyo.”

 

Hyoyeon squealed while jumping up and down. “That’s so cool! We’re classmates again this year. Woohoo!”

 

Sunny chuckled at Hyo’s childish antics. “Yeah. I’m stuck with you for another whole school year.”

 

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean? Are you—“

 

“Sunny, have you seen our names in your class list too?” Jessica butted in before Hyoyeon could throw a tantrum.

 

“That’s right! Are we on your class too? Huh?” Taeyeon added.

 

Sunny shook her head, disappointment was evident on her face. “But I did saw your names listed on class 3-C. It’s just too bad we’re not classmates this year like the last time.”

 

“Aww. Don’t be sad, Sunny-ah. You still have me.” Hyo said as she put an arm around her friend.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t happy at all with the news. To fulfill her dream of being a doctor, she always strived to belong to the top class in her year level, 3-A. But she tried to hide her disappointment.

 

“Class 3-C? That means I’m stuck with Sica.” She mumbled but it was loud enough for them to hear.

 

“I heard that Taeng.”

 

“Keke. I’m just kidding.” Taeyeon showed a nervous smile accompanied with a peace sign.

 

“Don’t be fooled, Sica. She really means it. Right Sunny?”

 

“YUP. Taeng wasn’t really kidding when she said that.”

 

“Y-yah! Don’t listen to them Sica! They are trying to brainwash you!”

 

Jessica put on her poker-face and glared stared at Taeyeon. Taeyeon was about to throw herself to Jessica for an apology but she stopped when her eyes caught a glimpse of an unfamiliar girl with jet black hair. She was stunned for a moment that she didn’t realized that the girl was already out of her sight and that her friends were already calling out her name.

 

“Taeng…” Jessica shot her a confused look when she noticed that Taeyeon was staring at something behind her. She turned around to see what or who it was but she saw nothing.

 

Taeyeon opened to speak. “I think I saw an angel… ouch! What was that for, Hyo?”

 

Hyoyeon smacked her friend’s head while Sunny and Jessica shook their heads.

 

“Aigoo. It’s only the first day of classes but FlirTaeng is on the loose already. I pity whoever that girl is.” Sunny said.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and started dragging Taeyeon by the ear.

 

“Ow… Sica, not my ear!”

 

“We’ll go ahead. See you at lunch!” Jessica said to Hyo and Sunny as she takes Taeyeon with her.

 

When they got to their assigned classroom, Jessica let go of Taeyeon’s ear and coolly took a seat near her favorite invention… the aircon. Taeyeon followed her and took a seat next to her while she rubbed her precious ear.

 

“Sica… don’t you ever try to rip my ear off again. How would I hear your beautiful singing voice if you keep doing that?” Taeyeon said, pouting.

 

Jessica just rested her chin on her palm and looked the other way to hide her pink cheeks. “Don’t use your flirting techniques on me, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon smirked and moved her chair closer to Jessica. “Wae? Is it because they’re working on you?” she whispered to Jessica’s ears, making the younger girl blush even more.

 

“Sica…” Taeyeon cooed while Jessica did her best to ignore her housemate.

 

“Sica… don’t ignore me…” Taeyeon whispered in a cute voice, making it more difficult for the younger blonde.

 

“KIM TAEYEON!”

 

Taeyeon quickly stood up with a salute. Jessica saw this and stifled a laugh while everyone else in the class laughed at her. A woman in her late 20’s was in front of the class and she’s their homeroom teacher for this year. She narrowed her eyes at Taeyeon who hung her head low in embarrassment.

 

“Put your chair in the proper place and sit down. Sigh. I can’t believe you’re in my class again.”


 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I really thought I got rid of her when I passed my sophomore year. Now she’s my homeroom teacher this year? That also mean she’s my English teacher too! OMO! This is the worst school year ever…

 

Ms. Park arranged our seats alphabetically based on our surnames. Since my surname starts with K and Jessica’s surname starts with J, we sat next to each other. Last year, I sat between Hyoyeon whose surname is also Kim and Sunny whose surname is Lee while Jessica sat beside Hyo. Hmm. I already miss those other two blondes… when I looked at Jessica, I noticed that the seat next on her other side was empty.

 

That’s odd. Everyone’s already seated.

 

Ms. Park was explaining the school rules to us when a knock interrupted her. She opened the door and stepped out. Not long after, she came back with another girl. My eyes widened when I stared at her. She was the angel who I saw a while ago. She was muttering something but I couldn’t hear it. I felt an unfamiliar fluttering feeling oin my stomach. She bowed to us and smiled afterwards.

 

At that moment, my world stopped.

 

This is the first time I felt something like this. For once in my life, it wasn’t my mind but my heart that made me speak…

 

 

“Beautiful.”

 

 

Author’s POV

 

“Miss Hwang, you make take a seat next to Ms. Jung. Jessica, raise your hand.”

 

Jessica snapped out of her own thoughts and lazily raised her hand. Tiffany took a seat next to her.

 

“Hi! I’m Tiffany! You’re Jessica, right? Oh my gosh. You have an American name too! That’s so cool. Nice to meet you by the way.”

 

“Uh… Ye--”

 

“I AM KIM TAEYEON!” Taeyeon said loudly, cutting Jessica’s sentence. She managed to get Tiffany’s attention…

 

As well as the whole class. Again.

 

Ms. Park sighed. “No need to shout it out, Ms. Kim. Can you please do your introductions later? I’m talking here.”

 

“Sorry, Miss…”

 

“Serves you right.” Jessica mumbled.

 

Throughout the teacher’s explanation of the school rules, Jessica and Taeyeon weren’t paying attention at all. They already know all the basics since they studied In SM High School in the last two years. On the other hand, Tiffany was listening intently while she jots down notes in her little pink notebook. Her concentration as broken when she heard snickering sounds. Turning her head to her left, she caught Jessica passing a piece of paper to Taeyeon. Upon reading it, Taeyeon covered to stop herself from laughing out loud (and probably to save herself from another wave of embarrassment in the class). Jessica also giggled a bit though she had her eyes on their homeroom teacher.

 

Tiffany was somewhat annoyed with the little scene she witnessed. “Um… can you please keep quiet? I can’t hear what Ms. Park was saying. Thank you.”

 

“Uh… we won’t do it again. I apologize on behalf of Jessica.” Taeyeon said to Tiffany. Tiffany just nodded and went back to her business.

 

Jessica stared at the older girl in disbelief. Taeyeon tried her best to behave herself so as to not put a bad impression.

 

‘You started this idiot. Why blame me?’ she thought.

 

Soon enough, the bell rang signifying the best part of a school day… lunch time.

 

Taeyeon got giddy and fixed her things quickly. She wanted Tiffany to join them for lunch but when she looked around, she realized that her new crush wasn’t around the room anymore.

 

“Aigoo. She left already.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“You mean Tiffany?” Jessica asked with her tone raised a bit.

 

Oblivious to her friend’s change of tone, Taeyeon meekly nodded. “I haven’t properly introduced myself to her yet.”

 

Jessica shrugged her shoulders. “You’ll get your chance. Come on, Hyo and Sunny must be waiting for us already.”

 

♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦♣♠♥♦

 

At the cafeteria…

 

 

“Taengoo…”

 

“…”

 

“Taeng…”

 

“…”

 

“Kim Taeyeon…”

 

“…”

 

“Midget who loves to wear insoles!”

 

“…”

 

“Give it up, Sunny. You’re just wasting your time.” Hyoyeon said before taking a bite on her sandwich.

 

Sunny waved her hands in front of Taeyeon for the last time but like before, the latter didn’t even blink an eye. “Sica, mind telling us what happened to Taeng? She’s spacing out…for the very first time since I met her.”

 

“I think she’s hanging out with you too much, Sica. You inflicted her with your habit of daydreaming. Look, she’s even smiling like a total idiot.” Hyoyeon snickered.

 

 

Sunny and Jessica looked at Taeyeon again and saw that Hyoyeon was right. Not only was Taeyeon smiling, there were a few moments that she’s giggling.

 

Now, that’s creepy.

 

“She completely lost it.” Jessica said before taking a sip of her favorite iced coffee.

 

They were so engrossed on Taeyeon’s weird behavior that they didn’t notice that someone walked towards them.

 

“HI Jess!”

 

Jessica looked up and saw Tiffany smiling widely at her. “Uh… hi.”

 

“TIPPANI, YOU’RE HERE!” Taeyeon exclaimed. She seemed to snap out of her trance as soon as she heard Tiffany’s voice. Her three friends were surprised at her action.

 

Tiffany smiled at her. “Yeah. You’re Taeyeon, right?”

 

*gasps* ‘She remembers my name. Omo.’ Taeyeon thought.

 

Taeyeon nodded dorkily. “Come on, Tippani. Have a seat with us.”

 

Tiffany complied and sat in the space between Jessica and Taeyeon. The oldest girl took the liberty of introducing Tiffany to Hyoyeon and Sunny. Tiffany did a brief introduction about herself like how she loved pink and that she came from California (much to Jessica’s surprise).

 

The gals from class 3-B looked at each other knowingly when they noticed Taeyeon’s enthusiastic behavior as well as Jessica’s unusual silence. Being the good friends they are, they decided to tease their friends from 3-C. Hyoyeon chose to start it all.

 

“So… Fany-ah, since you’re already part of our group…”

 

“I have to dye my hair blonde too?”

 

“NOOO! You don’t have to do that. Besides, we’re not on the same height level.”

 

“But how would I fit in your group? Won’t I feel like I’m out of place?”

 

“Not really. You’re still pretty like all of us so you won’t feel left out.” Hyoyeon said proudly.

 

‘There she goes again.’ The other three blondes thought.

 

“Oh.” Was all Tiffany could say.

 

“As I was saying before you interrupted me, since you’re already our friend, you have to answer a question honestly. Can you do that?”

 

“Of course!” Tiffany replied.

 

Sunny and Hyoyeon smirked while Jessica and Taeyeon have confused looks because they were clueless of what Hyoyeon’s question is.

 

“Here it goes, Fany-ah. Among the students in your class…”

 

 

 

 

“…who are you most attracted to?”

 

 


A/N: Second chapter... tell me what you think cause I find this one boring. >_< Sorry for all mistakes too.

and guys... I know we all have different preferences when it comes to the pairings but let's give every pairing a chance, okay? Even I, who is the author of this not-so-exciting fanfic, don't know who ends up with who. You can always root for your fave OTP of course but like I said, let's give all the pairings a shot.

Who knows, I might end this one with pairings like SunYeon, YulTi and SooSic that will surely break the TaeNySic triangle. LOL. I'm just kidding...

Spot the TaengSic, TaeNy and JeTi moments in this chapter! One more thing, if you read the foreword, it was different because it's on Jessica's POV while in this chapter, Tiffany's introduction is in Taeyeon's POV. I suggest you read the foreword (not the description) very carefully. I put a hint on the last line there.

Too long already... HAVE A NICE DAY! And thanks to Ramy24 for the vote! :)