Chapter 4: Changes

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 4

 

 

 

Fridays are always looked forward to. Who wouldn’t? Nothing feels better than spending the weekend with no teachers and lessons that bored you to death. It’s one of the reasons that students enjoy Friday classes than any other school day. The first week of classes is about to end and yet nobody knows that this day will just be the start of a fruitful school year.

 

“Good morning!” Tiffany greeted as she enters the classroom. Her eyes wandered around and she noticed that only two figures are present.

 

“Good morning, Fany.” Taeyeon happily greeted her back which Tiffany returned with a smile.

 

Tiffany skipped her way to her seat and sat down. Turning to her left, she stared at Jessica who had her head on the desk. Tiffany shifted her gaze to Taeyeon and asked her a question.

 

“Is Jessi sleeping?”

 

“Yeah. I think she had troubles sleeping last night, which is very odd. Don’t worry about her, she just needs more sleep. Well, she got an hour before our classes start.” Taeyeon answered.

 

“How can I sleep when there are insensitive, loud people around me?” Jessica’s voice startled the two. The once sleeping princess sat up straight and rubbed her eyes. The frown on her face indicates her frustration. The temperature in the room dropped as Jessica leaned back and crossed arms.

 

Taeyeon gulped nervously. She knew better than to push another button that will unleash the beast inside the goddess-like creature beside her.

 

“Uh… Good morning Jess. Sorry if we woke you up.” Tiffany threw an apologetic smile although she knew that Jessica wasn’t even looking at her.

 

‘You’ve been saying the same thing for the last three days.’ That’s what Jessica had in mind but of course, she would never say those words. Unless she wants Taeyeon to be at her neck again.

 

Instead, she stared at Tiffany and said, “It’s okay. Just don’t do it… again. Are we clear?”

 

Tiffany nodded and beamed a smile, making Jessica squint her eyes due to the brightness. Tiffany’s smile was so bright that they didn’t notice that a young girl had entered the room and was now standing in front of Jessica.

 

“Good morning unnie.”

 

Jessica, along with Taeyeon and Tiffany, stretched their necks to see the person’s face.

 

‘Who is she? I haven’t seen her talk to Jessi before.’ Tiffany thought.

 

‘Aigoo. Juhyun still thinks I’m a bad influence… Why is she ignoring me?’ Taeyeon thought.

 

“Good morning Juhyun. Now, can you please sit down? Our necks already hurt from looking at you.”

 

“It’s alright unnie. I’m in a hurry. Well, Ms. Park wants to see you in her office right now.” Juhyun said to Jessica.

 

Jessica let out a sigh and stood up from her seat. “Fine. I wonder what that old witch wants from me. Let’s go, Juhyun-ah.”

 

Before exiting the room with Juhyun, Jessica looked over her shoulder and shot a glare at Taeyeon. “Don’t. Touch. My. Notebook. Got it?”

 

Taeyeon nodded out of fear. Then Jessica shifted her glare to Tiffany. “The same goes for you.”

 

Tiffany also nodded though she had no idea what the notebook even looks like. Jessica walked out of the room along with Juhyun, leaving Tiffany and Taeyeon alone in the classroom.

 

Tiffany let out a sigh of frustration which didn’t go unnoticed by the blonde.  Taeyeon sat on Jessica’s seat and patted Tiffany’s back. “Don’t mind her, Fany. She just didn’t have enough sleep. That’s why she’s grumpy.”

 

Tiffany turned to Taeyeon with her teary eyes. “But she’s always like that to me. I feel like I did something really bad for her to treat me like that.”

 

“Well… did you?”

 

“I don’t remember.”

 

“Then, it’s fine. You do – “

 

“IT’S NOT! Jessi doesn’t talk to me unless I start the conversation. And when she answers to my questions, it’s usually short. She always has her phone with her but when I send her a text message; she doesn’t even bother to reply…

 

And I haven’t even heard her call me by my name for once. She always uses ‘you’ or ‘hey’ to address me. I just wanted to be close to her like you guys are…”

 

Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany’s back to comfort her. “Don’t be sad, Fany-ah. Sica just needs more time to know you. You see, Sica may seem cold and unfriendly but deep inside she’s really…”

 

 

“Cold and unfriendly.”

 

A voice finished Taeyeon’s sentence. Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at the source and saw Hyoyeon walking towards them with Sunny following her from behind.

 

Taeyeon stared at the grinning Hyoyeon. “What are you two doing here? You’re trespassing in our classroom. Go back to your class.”

 

“Nah. We don’t want to hear Nickhun bragging about his new girlfriend so we decided to drop by. Anyway, it’s still early and your classmates aren’t even here yet.” Sunny answered in behalf of Hyoyeon.

 

“So why are you two talking about Sica? Did we miss something?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

Tiffany shook her head slowly. Taeyon did the explanation for her. “She wants to be close to Sica.”

 

“How close exactly?” Hyoyeon said teasingly, eyeing Tiffany.

 

“Uh… C-close friends… you know…” Tiffany said, avoiding Hyoyeon’s gaze.

 

“Oooh. Close friends huh? I see…” Hyoyeon said in a mocking tone.

 

Sunny rolled her eyes as she realized what Hyoyeon was trying to do. Then she looked at Taeyeon who seemed completely lost at HyoFany’s conversation. Before Taeyeon could even get what Hyoyeon meant, Sunny took the spotlight.

 

“In my opinion, I think you’re doing a pretty good job in befriending Jessica.” Sunny said, making the three stare at her in in disbelief.

 

“Really?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Yup.” The shortest girl said with confidence.

 

“But I don’t see it.” Tiffany said.

 

“That’s because you’re smiling too much.” Hyoyeon mumbled to herself before giggling at her own joke.

 

Sunny sigh. “Why wouldn’t you guys believe me? I even think that you’re lucky, Fany-ah. Back when we were still freshmen, Sica practically ignored everyone except for Taeng. We’ve been classmates since freshmen but Hyo and I only got to be really close to her at the start of our sophomore year. In your case, she’s already talking to you though you two had only met a few days ago. That’s why I don’t see why you should be worried.”

 

“See Fany-ah? Sica isn’t so bad. In time, you’ll get along with her like how you wanted to.” Taeyeon said, smiling at Tiffany.

 

“Yup. You two will be close friends. Like, really close friends.” Hyoyeon said in amusement. Once again, Tiffany looked away, blushing.

 

“Speaking of the ice princess, where is she?” Sunny asked.

 

“Oh. Juhyun came for her earlier and told her that Ms. Park wants to talk to her.” Taeyeon answered.

 

 

“Uhuh. It must be the club activities.”

 

“Club activities?” Tiffany asked in confusion.

 

“Yep. Sica is the president of the journalism club.” Sunny said

 

“That makes her the editor-in-chief of the school paper too.” Hyoyeon added.

 

Tiffany’s eyes sparkled. “OMG. That’s so cool. I didn’t know she’s…”

 

“That nerdy?”

 

“N-No! I was going to say that she must be very hardworking then. I heard that being an Editor-in-Chief is not easy.” Tiffany retorted.

 

“Just because she loves sleeping lot doesn’t mean she’s lazy. Aigoo. You’re judging her, Fany… Tsk tsk.” Hyoyeon shook her head and pretended to be disappointed at Tiffany.

 

The black-haired girl puffed her cheeks and pouted. “That’s not what I meant.”

 

“Hey, I heard that we’re going to have club activities for the whole day on Monday. That means we have no classes and you can choose what club to join.” Taeyeon said to Tiffany.

 

“Oh yeah. I saw that announcement on the bulletin board yesterday. You should probably decide now while you still have the time. There are a lot freshmen who would also sign up so I think it would be disastrous on Monday.” Sunny said.

 

“But I don’t know all of the clubs that this school has.”

 

“We’ll help you, of course!” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Thanks guys.” Tiffany flashed a smile.

 

Taeyeon tapped her chin and furrowed her eyebrows. “Let’s see…”

 

Tiffany clasped her hands when an idea popped in her head. “Maybe I can join in the journalism club too.”

 

All three pairs of eyes were on her. Sunny and Taeyeon had her mouths form an O shape while Hyoyeon had her usual smirk.

 

‘Bingo. You are sooo going to lose Sunny. Kekeke.’ She thought, stealing a glance at Sunny.

 

“No. You can’t” came a cold voice. All eyes turned to Jessica who had just returned from Ms. Park’s office.

 

“But… why not?” Tiffany asked in irritation.

 

“That’s because we have enough members. There’s no room for you.” Jessica replied as she took a seat on her chair. Taeyeon got up and returned to her designated seat.

 

‘Then I’ll make room for myself… especially in your heart Jessi. Hmm. I’ll remember to ask Ms. Park later after class.’ Tiffany thought to herself.

 

“There are a lot of other clubs to choose from, Fany-ah. Don’t worry.” Sunny said, glancing at Jessica who was dozing off yet again.

 

“What club are you in, Sunny?” Tiffany asked.

 

“I’m part of the Math club!” Sunny said proudly.

 

‘Yup. She’s a total geek.’ Hyoyeon said in her thoughts.

 

“Eh? But I’m not really good in Math.”

 

“How about you join ours?” Hyoyeon offered.

 

“What club?”

 

“Dance troupe.”

 

Tiffany sighed in defeat. “I’m not that good in dancing either… what about you TaeTae? What club did you join?”

 

‘Finally, she asked me! I’ve been waiting for this.’ Taeyeon thought.

 

“I’m part of the volleyball team.” Taeyon said proudly accompanied by pumping both of her fists in the air.

 

“…”

 

“Fany?”

 

“TaeTae, this is serious…”

 

“But I am serious! I really am a part of the school’s volleyball team.” Taeyeon said convincingly. Hyoyeon and Sunny tried to hold on their laughter.

 

“It’s true. She’s even the captain of the team.” Jessica confirmed, still not looking at Tiffany.

 

‘Did Jessi just talk to me? OMG! Tiffany, calm down… But I can’t!’ Tiffany squealed in her mind. She managed to keep the loud squeals to herself but her wide smile showed off whatever she was thinking.

 

“SO what do you say, Fany? Want to join our team?” Taeyeon’s voice interrupted Tiffany’s moment to spazz.

 

“Uh… I’m not really athletic. Honestly, I at any kind of sports except for running… which I don’t really do much these days.”

 

“Hmm… That’s too bad. I guess this is a bit more difficult than I thought.”Taeyeon looked out the window and let herself drown in her own thoughts.

 

Hyoyeon and Sunny also became serious in trying to find a suitable club for Tiffany but a few minutes had passes and they came up with nothing. Soon, it was already time for their classes so Hyo and Sunny went back to their classroom.

 

‘Sigh. I guess I’ll worry about that later.’ Tiffany thought.

 

 

♣♠♥♦

 

 

Later that day at TaengSic’s apartment…

 

A high pitched scream was heard from Jessica’s room. Taeyeon rushed to the source of the ear-piercing scream. She slammed Jessica’s door open and looked at what happened. She saw Jessica sitting at the edge of the bed. Her school stuff were scattered on her bed along with her empty school bag.

 

“What’s going on, Sica?”

 

“It’s not here…” Jessica muttered.

 

“What’s…”

 

“MY NOTEBOOK! Did you take it, Kim?” Jessica shot daggers at Taeyeon making the latter sweat.

 

That notebook? I didn’t take it! I swear. Didn’t you put it inside your locker during lunchtime?”

 

Jessica’s expression softened as realization hits her. Then, she threw herself to Taeyeon who almost stumbled. Jessica gave a quick apology and thanks before running out of the apartment.

 

The sun was still up so the school was still open. Jessica greeted the guards before entering the school building. She was about to turn left where the lockers were located when she heard a faint sobbing sound coming from her right.

 

Curiosity got the best of her so she turned right to get a closer look. The sound was getting louder with every step she takes. The weird thing was, it sounds familiar to her.

 

Jessica stopped when she saw a girl sitting on the floor, hugging her knees while leaning on the wall. She slowly moved closer to the girl. Jessica silently sat down beside her and gently tapped her shoulder.

 

“Hey.”

 

The girl lifted her head up to meet Jessica’s curious gaze. “Jessi…”

 

“What are you doing here? And why the heck are you crying? Did someone hurt you?”

 

Tiffany wiped her own tears and weakly shook her head. “Ms. Park got mad at me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I think she got frustrated at me because I wanted to join your club badly. She won’t let me…”

 

Jessica scoffed. “Didn’t I tell you? So you didn’t believe me?”

 

“I-I was j-just… I’m sorry.” Tiffany sniffed. Her eyes were red from all the crying. “I just wanted to be closer to you.” She whispered.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Uh… I… I said…”

 

“What?” Jessica raised an eyebrow.

 

“Tiffany sighed. “You see, I’m only good when it comes to writing so I thought your club will be perfect for me.”

 

“Aish. You can definitely try other things you know. Why limit yourself to what you can do when there are a lot of things you haven’t even tried yet? Besides, I believe you have other talents than to write boring stuff. Maybe you just have to find it within you. All you have to do is to explore your talents. Now stop crying, okay?”

 

Tiffany smiled at Jessica’s words. Not only did she make sense, it was also the longest time that Jessica talked to her. Truth be told, Tiffany instantly felt much better.

 

Jessica stood up and offered her hand to Tiffany. “Let’s go. The school is closing soon.”

 

Tiffany stared at Jessica’s hand in front of her and she happily took it to stand up. Before Jessica could even let go of her hand, Tiffany pulled her into a tight embrace.

 

“Thanks Jess.”

 

 

Hearts pounding

Minds crashing

For a moment, their world stopped spinning.

But the reality holds them both;

Feelings change,

But memories don’t.

 

 


 

A/N: A JeTi-ish chapter for all... you happy now? Keke. Next comes the other pairings. And when you guys said SunYeon, you meant Sunny and HyoYeon, right? Just kidding. XD Anyway, I think I spent more time on the poem than the rest of the chapter. Lol. Do you guys want me to put poems in every chapter? It is part of the story itself. Mmm... Please do tell me what you think. I also apologize for any mistake in my writing...

Thanks to all the new and old subscribers! And to snsdforevermore and littlesooyoungie for the votes, thank you as well. :)

That's all for now. Don't forget to put in your comments!