Chapter 3: Love Bug

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 3

 

 

 

“Who are you most attracted to?”

 

Silence filled the atmosphere in anticipation of Tiffany’s answer. Hyoyeon and Sunny had smug smirks on their faces. Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she eagerly waits for words to come out of Tiffany’s mouth.

 

‘Let it be me. Let it be me.’ Taeyeon repeatedly chanted in her head.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica crossed her arms and stared blankly at her feet, pretending not to care at all. But her ears were not closed although her heart was.

 

“Well…” Tiffany started. The blondes except for Jessica moved their heads closer to Tiffany to hear her words clearer. Tiffany’s pink cheeks made them even more excited.

 

“Go on Fany-ah. We’re listening.” Taeyeon pushed.

 

Tiffany took a deep breath and fidgeted. “Are you sure you’re not going to freak out?”

 

“Eh? Why should we? Come on, we’ll keep it a secret.” Sunny said to which Hyoyeon nodded in agreement.

 

Tiffany sighed. “B-but… it’s a girl.”

 

Sunny clasped her hands in delight while showing her own version of an eye smile. “I knew it! It’s okay Fany. We’re not going to judge you. We’re not that kind of people.”

 

“Sunny’s right… so you can tell us her name!”

 

“Well…”

 

“Come on. It’s not like the girl you’re talking about is here with us.” Hyoyeon said suggestively.

 

Sunny and Hyoyeon smiled in amusement when Tiffany looked away from their intense gaze. Glancing at Taeyeon and Jessica’s curious faces, the two decided to drop the topic, much to Tiffany’s relief.

 

“It’s okay if you’re not ready to tell us. Anyway, it’s only the first day of classes. Who knows? Maybe your likings will change. Nothing’s permanent, you know.” Sunny said, enjoying the frustrated look an Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Thanks.” Tiffany flashed a smile.

 

“Eh? B-but…”

 

“But what Taengoo?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Nothing…” Taeyeon mumbled under her breath. She was quite disappointed that Tiffany didn’t get to answer the question. Deep inside, she was hoping it was her.

 

“By the way, who’s your homeroom teacher this year? We have M. Lee Hyori in our class.” Sunny asked the girls from class 3-C.

 

Sunny’s question made Taeyeon frown. Noticing her friend’s dark aura, Sunny and Hyoyeon looked at each other before shifting their gaze at Jessica and tiffany who were sitting next to each other.

 

“It’s Ms. Park.” Jessica said, stifling a laugh.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” The two burst out laughing, earning a glare from Taeyeon.

 

“Quit it, will you?”

 

“HAHAHAHAHA! You… HAHAHA!” The duo from class 3-B, being the good friends that they are, continued laughing.

 

Tiffany tilted her head in confusion. “What’s wrong with Ms. Park?” the clueless girl asked.

 

“HAHAHA! Fany-ah, you have to hear this one. It’s sooo funny!” Hyoyeon said while clutching her stomach.

 

“Yeah. The story is epic. It’s now included in SM High’s Legend Stories. Hahaha!” Sunny added.

 

“Y-yah! You don’t have to tell her about it.” Taeyeon protested with her cheeks burning red.

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow and turned to Jessica. The latter stared back at Tiffany with a sly grin on her face. “You really want to know?”

 

Tiffany nodded cutely. By this time, the laughter subsided and turned into snickers, Hyoyeon and Sunny went over to Taeyeon’s side and held her back in case she does something impulsive (like stop Jessica from spilling her darkest secret).

 

“Sica… don’t do this your good friend.” Taeyeon pleaded.

 

Jessica ignored Taeyeon’s pleas. She looked around the cafeteria to check if anyone was eavesdropping on their conversation. When she found none, she leaned closer to Tiffany and whispered something to her ears. By the time, Tiffany’s face was red all over, much to Taeyeon’s horror. The two had let go of Taeyeon when they saw that it was safe. Jessica’s face showed satisfaction.

 

“Tippani, don’t believe a word she said. It’s all a misunderstanding.”

 

“…”

 

“L-let me explain, Fany-ah.”

 

“…”

 

“Fany…”

 

“…”

 

“BUT I DID NOT TOUCH HER !!!!!”

 

“You… WHAAATTT?”

 

 

 

 ♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠

 

Jessica’s POV

 

Taengoo and I are walking home together. Hyoyeon and Sunny took a bus while the new girl, Tiffany, was fetched by their family driver. I didn’t know she was a rich kid. Well, we haven’t talked much.

 

I glanced at Taeyeon and saw that she was still sulking. She hasn’t spoken a word since lunch break. Tsk. I don’t know why she’s acting like this but I really feel guilty though I honestly didn’t say a word to Tiffany. I was only pretending to whisper something… She was the one who said it out loud. Aish!

 

“Taengoo…” I poked her cheek but I received no reaction from her. I tried poking her again and she just looked at me with those puppy eyes before looking away and letting out another sigh. Thinking that it was best to let her be, we just continued walking. Just as our apartment building was in sight, Taeyeon stopped in her tracks. I was about to utter a word when she finally talked.

 

“Sica… do you believe in love at first sight?” she looked straight into my eyes. I swear, I drown every time she does that. If only she could see through my eyes.

 

“No.” I lied.

 

She nodded slowly before tilting her head up. I didn’t bother to see what she was looking at. The sun shone brightly on her beautiful face.

 

I did not need to look anywhere else.

 

Not taking her eyes off the sky, she spoke again. “Sica, what do you think of Fany?”

 

I was taken aback at her question.my heart started to pound faster and I could already feel my palms getting sweaty. My throat felt dry but I forced the words out of my mouth.

 

“You like her.”

 

It wasn’t a question. It was a mere fact. And I couldn’t bring myself to accept it. Taeyeon slowly shifted her gaze to me and gave me a warm smile.

 

 

 

“Yes. I do like her.”

 

 

 

That late afternoon, my heart shattered into pieces.

 

 

♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣

 

That night…

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

Lying on the bed, I stare at the ceiling. Lots of thoughts are running through my head right now. It’s only been a week since I moved here in Seoul and things are looking pretty good for me here, if only I was not feeling homesick.

 

Sigh. I miss everyone back in the US already; my dad, Leo, Michelle and all of my friends there. But I have to be strong if I wanted to achieve my goals.

 

But that’s too early to worry about. I got plenty of time to do that. Right now, my foremost priority is to adjust to the new environment.

 

And it is never easy.

 

I haven’t eaten a home cooked meal since I came here. Sigh. It makes me want to go back home. I heard a familiar sound and realized that it was just my phone ringing on the side table. I sat up and grabbed it. Seeing the unknown number on the screen, I hesitated to answer it. The call ended after a few more rings so I thought that was it but my phone rang again. This time, I answered it.

 

I hope this is not a prank.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Tippani! You finally answered your phone. Keke.”

 

“T-Taeyeon?”

 

“Yup. The one and only. Did I disturb you?”

 

“Not really. I was just sitting on my bed.”

 

“Omo! So you’re about to sleep… I’m sorry…” she said in a sad tone. I smiled to myself. I can totally imagine her kid-like face when she said this.

 

“Don’t be. Honestly, I find it hard to sleep. I’m glad you called. Anyway, how did you get my number? You’re not stalking me, are you?” I .

 

“NO! Of course not. I-I got your number from Sunny. I hope you don’t mind.”

 

“Oh. It’s okay. That reminds me, I only got Hyo and Sunny’s number. I forgot to get yours.”

 

“Well, you have it now…”

 

I giggled as I leaned back on the headboard. “That’s true… but what about Jess? I still don’t have her number yet.”

 

“Jess? Who’s that?”

 

I slapped myself on the forehead. “I meant Jessica.”

 

“Aah. Sica…” I heard her voice falter. I wonder why.

 

“Yeah. Can you give me her number, Tae?”

 

“Eh? What did you just call me?”

 

“Uh… I’m sorry. If you don’t like it, then—“

 

I heard a chuckle from the other line. “Are you kidding? Of course I like it! I like the way you say it… my name. It makes me feel special.” Her words turned into whispers and I suddenly felt blood rushing to my cheeks.

 

Oh my gosh. What’s happening to me?

 

“S-so… can I have it? Jessica’s number?” I diverted the topic.

 

“Mmm. I’m afraid I can’t, Fany-ah. The last time I gave away Sica’s number, she didn’t talk to me for a month. But don’t worry, if you ask her yourself, she’ll definitely give it to you.”

 

“Okay…” I said in a soft tone. To be honest, I find it hardtop get along with her. She seems to distance herself from me unlike Hyo, Sunny and Tae. Sigh. Just when I thought I can get along with another Korean American…

 

“Fany?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

I heard a sigh. “If you want, I can just ask Sica if I can give you her number…”

 

My eyes popped out in excitement. “REALLY? You’ll do that for me?”

 

“Aigoo. Of course, Fany-ah. Anything for you. Just hold on a sec.”

 

“Okay.”

 

I heard footsteps on the other line. Where is Tae going? Then I heard a door creak open.

 

“For the nth time, Kim Taeyeon, I’m not going to sing you a lullaby! Go to sleep on your own.”

 

It was Jessica’s voice. I’m sure it‘s her. I don’t know anyone else who possesses an angelic voice like hers.

 

Wait… Jessi and Tae live under the same roof? And Jessi sings lullaby for Tae? Does that mean they’re…

 

“Aniyo! I’m here for something else.” I heard Taeyeon say.

 

“Then, what is it?”

 

“Fany wants your number. Can I give it to her?”

 

Not a sound was heard after that. All I can hear was my heart beating fast in my chest and I don’t even know why it’s like this. I don’t know what’s going on in the other line. I thought that Taeyeon had forgotten that I was still on the phone. I was about to hang up when I finally heard Jessica’s voice again.

 

“Sure.”

 

 

♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣

 

Author’s POV

 

The lights are off in Jessica’s room. An hour had passed since Taeyeon came in and for her permission to give her number to Tiffany. More often than not, Jessica is already asleep at this point of the night but tonight seemed different from the rest. She shifted to the other side of the bed and shut her eyes tightly. Just as she was about to drift to sleep, her phone vibrated. Groaning, she stretched her arms to grab it. She opened the message and read it.

 

                        Good night Jessi. Have a nice dream (:

                        From: Tiffany

 

Jessica let out a sigh and put her phone under her pillow. Pulling up the blanket to cover her body, she closed her eyes.

 

 

“I hate you, Tiffany Hwang.”

 


A/N: By now, you probably have an idea where this is going... but I'm here to prove you wrong! Lol. Just to let you know, this story won't be long to give justice to the title.

Anyway, thanks to the new subscribers! Hope you won't unsubscribe soon. XD And I express my deepest gratitude to hanseoul and wynstelle for the votes!

And I finally made myself a poster! (which is not really good. I lack skill on those)

Keep the comments coming, yeah?