Chapter 13: Fears

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 13

 

 

 

Time was passing by too slowly for Tiffany. Her gaze was on her teacher but her thoughts wandered somewhere else. It was only the second period but she already felt the need to go home already. Excitement is an understatement. It was so much more than that.

 

Tonight will be a great chance for her to get things going with Jessica. This is an opportunity not to be missed. And her determination is not to be underestimated.

Tiffany’s eyes followed the teacher’s movements. She was nodding her head from time to time, pretending that she was listening intently when she was not. In the back of her mind, her thoughts consisted mainly of the sleepover that will take place, the movie marathon, Jessica

 

And Yuri’s words.

 

The dark skinned girl never fails to make her bewildered. Tiffany wondered why Yuri would give disclose such information about Jessica. Moreover, what worries Tiffany is the fact that by the looks of it, Yuri seems to be helping her in a way…

 

That is, if she was actually saying the truth.

 

“Don’t forget about your homework, okay?”

 

Tiffany snapped out of her thoughts when she realized that the class has ended and that their teacher had already left the room. She sighed inwardly as she put her notebook back into her bag. Little did she know that a pair of eyes had been watching her and that she also had some inner thoughts.

 

Same mindset but different problems.

 

Unlike Tiffany who had been thinking on what to do with Yuri’s info, the other girl focused on one goal; Tiffany.

 

♣♠♦♥

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

With our teacher out of the room, one can hear buzzing sounds coming from my classmates as we wait for our next class. I leaned forward towards my desk to get a better view of her. One thing that catches my attention is her constant sighing. She’s been like this the whole morning.

 

Mmm… I guess she’s worried about the sleep over since we’ll do it in her place. Then, I must keep in my mind not to cause her too much trouble… Tonight will be the night.

 

This is it, Taeyeon. Use this night to you advantage.YES!

 

I bit my lip as I stifle a squeal when Fany pouted. Just how cute can she get? I bet she would still adorable when she’s angry. AIgoo, Fany~ah. Can’t you stop making my heart beat so fast? You’ll kill me with those pouty lips.

 

I almost flinched when Fany suddenly turned her head in my direction. OMO! She must have felt my heavy stare on her… now, this is embarrassing.

 

I smiled and waved at her so as not to cause any suspicion. My heart skipped a beat when she returned the smile.

 

It was weird. I can feel my cheeks burning but my body was frozen like an ice.

 

 I can’t fool myself. I know it’s useless. No, it is not the same. What I feel for Tiffany is entirely different. I know this because I almost fell in love before…

 

Twice.

 

Almost… I was so close that fear filled my thoughts. I almost fell and with that, I almost threw my dreams aside. And that’s the thing that I avoided the most.

 

To lose everything because of love.

 

But now, I have come to realize that love is not something that destroys dreams. Rather, it’s something that brings out motivation in every human and that is exactly what I needed to achieve my goals.

 

This time, I won’t be afraid. This time, I won’t hold back. this time, I will be true to myself. I’d show everyone.

 

I will definitely do things right this time.

 

Brace yourself, Taeng. Tonight will be your night.

 

♣♠♦♥

Author’s POV

 

Meanwhile, in class 3-B…

 

Their teacher is yet to arrive and so the students were just chatting. With her chin resting on her palm, Sunny was busy staring out the window. Curious as she was, Hyoyeon slowly snuck behind the unaware girl and blew air on Sunny’s neck, making Sunny shiver. The unwilling victim turned and shot a glare at the guilty party. In response, Hyoyeon grinned and got back to her seat beside Sunny.

 

“Your mind has been flying again.” Hyoyeon stated, worry evident in her voice.

 

Sunny’s glare disappeared and then she let out a loud sigh.

 

“Let me guess… you failed to answer all of the questions in our Math quiz earlier. That’s why you’re grumpy again.”

 

“No…”

 

“Eh? Then why are you sulking like that?”

 

Sunny let out another sigh. “I have no idea. But I feel that something bad will happen. I just… never mind. I don’t understand it either.

 

Hyoyeon patted Sunny’s shoulder. “Maybe you’re just thinking too much. I heard that the Math Quiz Bee will commence soon. You’re our school’s representative, right?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“See! You’re just worrying too much. Take time to relax, will you? We still have that movie marathon at Fany’s place tonight. Let’s enjoy ourselves and stop thinking about other things for a while, okay?” Hyoyeon said enthusiastically, making Sunny smile. Hyoyeon was about to say something else but their next period teacher had already arrived.

 

For one last time before the lecture starts, Sunny glanced at Hyo. ‘That’s what I’m actually worried about. It’s about tonight. I feel something that’s not good and I don’t know what it is. I hope my instincts are wrong. I wish everything will go well.’ Sunny thought.

 

As they say, instincts aren’t one to ignore.

 

 


 

A/N: AT LAST, I UPDATED! Sorry to keep keep you guys waiting. I have a tough life these days. And I know that this is yet another boring chapter from me. Mianhae... And when the next update will be is still uncertain. Again, I have a thesis to deal with. Not to mention, all the reports we are required to do. Sigh.

Thanks for all the support everyone! Thanks for the vote IceOond !

Till next time!