Chapter 5: Choices

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 5

 

 

 

A busy day awaits the students of SM High School. It was the day that all clubs will have a chance of gaining new members by recruiting freshmen and some transferees. The school mandated that all students must be a member of at least one club or team. It was the school administration’s way to keep their students busy enough not to be involved in brawls or other bad things.

 

As for the freshmen and transferees, a tough decision is what they have to face. Choosing a club or team can be a bit trickier than it seems. When you are given the chance to choose a second family to belong to, wouldn’t you think about it with utmost care? Because once you choose, things will be different.

 

(A/N: Why did I make this sound so dramatic? Lol.)

 

The campus grounds are bustling with young people. Each club had set up their own booth to attract students to join them. And many students are taking their precious time making their choices.

 

Tiffany was one of them.

 

Two figures stood a few meters away from the sea of people. Eyeing the person in front of her, Tiffany was feeling nervous.

 

“Are you sure about this?”

 

“About what?”

 

“That you’re coming with me…”

 

“Yes. Do you have a problem with that?”

 

“N-no, of course not! I just thought you’d be busy today.”

 

“How many times do I have to tell you? Our club is fully packed. There’s nothing for us to do today.” Jessica said as she keeps her eyes on her phone.

 

‘It’s not like I have a choice.’ She added in her thoughts.

 

“But do you really want to go with me?” Tiffany asked.

 

Jessica huffed. “Just say it if you don’t like being around me.” Jessica said in a cold tone, not looking at Tiffany.

 

“What? No! I actually like you…”

 

Jessica looked up from her phone and stared blankly at Tiffany. The latter’s eyes widened as she realized what she just said.

 

“I mean… I like being around you.” Tiffany whispered, not meeting Jessica’s gaze.

 

Jessica stayed silent as she looked at Tiffany’s flushed face. The black haired girl felt uncomfortable with Jessica’s silence, more so her stare. “Jessi, it’s really okay if you don’t go with me. I’ll be fine on my own.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah. I’m confident that I won’t get into any trouble. I’m also pretty sure that no one in this school is going to bully a Korean American girl transfer student. Of course, who would ever think about hitting and forcing themselves on an innocent girl like me, right? So yeah. I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Jessica turned around and was about to walk away when Tiffany grabbed her hands.

 

“What do you need now?”

 

“You.”

 

Jessica felt a lump on . Her eyes met Tiffany’s and they stayed like that for a few seconds but not for long. Jessica pulled her hand back and looked away. Her action made Tiffany feel hurt and disappointed but the letter knows she needs to hide it for now. It was easier to put a smile.

 

“Why so serious? I need you to help me decide on what club to join, remember?”

 

“Oh. Right,” was all Jessica could say.

 

Tiffany purposely linked her arms with Jessica which made the blonde feel uncomfortable.

 

“Let’s go!” Tiffany said as she takes Jessica with her.

 

Take it slowly Tiffany. Slowly but surely.

 

 

♦♥♠♣

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

 

I was sitting quietly at our team’s booth. I had my chin rested upon my palm as my other hand was drawing circles on the wooden table. There’s no one else here but me since my teammates were out giving flyers and such. I gazed at the filled application forms to my right. The first thing that I noticed is that there are only a few trying out this year.

 

Out of boredom, I randomly picked one among the papers. I held it with one hand and started reading.

 

            Name: Choi Sulli

            Birthdate: March 29, 1994

            Height: 169.8 cm (Is this right? Mmm.)

            Blood type: O

 

She’s almost 170cm! Kids these days sure are tall. Why isn’t my generation gifted with height like that? Tch.

 

I put it back at the top and leaned back in my chair. My eyes took a good look around me in search of Tiffany. I wonder if she’s doing fine.

 

Ack. If only I wasn’t the captain, I could’ve have gone with her myself. But instead, I had to force Sica to go with her today and make sure Tiffany doesn’t bump into one of the famous villains in this school. I hope Sica is doing a good job. Sigh.

 

“Ayo, Taeng.” I looked up to see Hyoyeon already sitting across me.

 

“Aish! Why do you keep on trespassing? This is our booth. Didn’t they assign you to do something useful? Don’t tell me your club president instructed you to spy on others, huh?”

 

Hyoyeon flicked my forehead and I flinched. “For your information, not everything that’s yours is yours alone. Sometimes you have to learn how to share or you’ll lose it all eventually… that’s why I’m thinking. Maybe you could let us borrow Min when we need her and in exchange, we’ll loan Eunhyuk.”

 

“For your information Hyo, we’re a girls’ volleyball team… and Eunhyuk is a guy!”

 

“But he can dress up as a girl.”

 

I groaned. Sometimes, Hyo is not the best one to argue with. For a few seconds, I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. When I opened my eyes again, I was met with Hyo’s blank face.

 

“Deal?”

 

“NOOOOOOOOO!”

 

 

♦♥♠♣

 

 

Tiffany kept stealing glances at Jessica while she was going through all the flyers that they collected from different clubs and organizations in the school. As usual, Jessica was pretending to do something with her phone. They were in the cafeteria to take a break.

 

“Have you found something in your liking yet?” Jessica asked.

 

Shaking her head, Tiffany put the flyers aside. She sighed for the nth time that day. She felt like she’s being a burden to Jessica because the blonde seemed so unusually quiet throughout their stroll. In Tiffany’s perspective, she thinks that Jessica is being impatient.

 

Then, Tiffany caught a glimpse of a girl in uniform who had just exited the cafeteria. She blinked her eyes a few times before turning to Jessica.

 

“Jessi, I have a great idea.”

 

Looking back at Tiffany, all that Jessica saw was a wide grin directed at her. “Have you figured something out?”

 

“Yes. I’m thinking that maybe I can join the cheerleading team.”

 

Jessica frowned. “No. you can’t join them. Besides, didn’t you tell Hyo that you’re clumsy?”

 

“Yah! I never said anything about being clumsy. I just said that I’m not good in dancing.”

 

“Isn’t it the same?”

 

“Jessi…” Tiffany whined.

 

“N.O. No. Trust me on this. You can’t join them. Don’t be stubborn and listen to me. I repeat, do NOT think about joining them. Do you understand?”

 

Tiffany pouted and nodded her head like an obedient child. “But why not? There has to be a reason.”

 

“There is… but I’m not telling you.”

 

“Jessica… you’re being a meanie again.” Tiffany said as she crossed her arms.

 

“And you’re acting like a spoiled little brat.” Jessica retorted, making Tiffany pout even more.

 

Seeing Tiffany’s childish expression, Jessica bit her lower lip to hide her amusement. Once again, she found her phone’s screen to be interesting.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany thought, ‘I’m acting like a spoiled brat? Pfft. I’m only like this when I’m with you.’

 

Then, Tiffany’s eyes twinkled as a bright idea popped in her head. Her eyes disappeared into crescents and her lips curved upwards. Jessica furrowed her eyebrows seeing Tiffany’s change expression.

 

“Yah. You’re being creepy. Stop that. You’re making me feel – “

 

“I’ll see you later Jess.”

 

Tiffany ran out of the cafeteria without giving Jessica a time to react. And Jessica just sat there; frozen. It was as if her body stopped moving; all except for her heart.

 

 

The lunatic and the lover

One strives more than the other

Walking down that one-way street,

There’s another she’s bound to meet.

 

 

Amidst of the brought confusion,

Can she ever make the right decision?

 

 


 

A/N: Sorry for this, uh, boring chapter... Uh. I'm not really satisfied with this (when did I ever been satisfied with my work? >_<). SPOILER ALERT: TaengSic back story will be up soon but not in the next chapter. Kay?

I promise to do better next time... give me another chance? SIgh. As for the poems, they are part of the story. If you read it, you might get some hints and thanks to those who supported me on those... ^_^v

As always, I thank all of the new subscribers and taengsic515 for the vote! Till next time...