Chapter 7: Trapped

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 7

 

 

 

Still on the same day as the last 2 chapters…

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany made their way to the Math club’s booth where Sunny was a member. When they arrived at the place, they found their friend who was staring blankly at the desk with a cute pout on her face. They looked around and saw that Sunny was all alone.

 

“Sunny-ah!” Taeyeon called out, making Sunny look up in their direction lifelessly.

 

“What happened to her?” Tiffany whispered to Taeyeon while walking towards the booth.

 

“I don’t know. Let’s ask her instead.” Taeyeon answered as they inched closer to where Sunny was.

 

Sunny stared at the two wearing a bored expression. Then her eyes shifted to their hands that were clasped together.

 

“Are you two official now?” She asked in a monotone voice, not taking her eyes off the intertwined hands.

 

Realizing what Sunny meant, Tiffany and Taeyeon immediately pulled their hands and looked away in embarrassment.

 

“No, we’re not.” Tiffany said defensively, trying to hide her flushed face.

 

Taeyeon laughed nervously. “Y-yeah. Fany’s right…”

 

“Oh.” Sunny said, again in a lifeless manner.

 

I still have a chance, Hyo. Never count me out.

 

“Anyway, why do you look so gloomy today?” Tiffany asked.

 

Letting out a sigh, Sunny was back to staring blankly at the table that was situated in front of her. She didn’t even bother to utter a single word.

 

“Yah, Fany’s asking you, Lee Soonkyu.” Taeyeon said as she nudged Sunny.

 

Sunny clicked her tongue, giving Taeyeon the hint that she was not in the best mood. “No one wants to join the Math club.” Sunny muttered.

 

Taeyeon sighed in relief. “Aigoo… I really thought someone dumped you today for you act like this.”

 

Sunny shot daggers at Taeyeon, making the latter look away to avoid being murdered through Soonkyu’s eyes.

 

‘Really close, Taeng… Really close.’ Sunny thought.

 

“So what brings you two here anyway?” Sunny asked much Taeyeon’s relief.

 

It was Tiffany who answered with a disappointed look. “I still have nowhere to go…”

 

Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany’s back to comfort her “It’s alright, Fany.” Then she turned to Sunny and gave her a look that says ‘we have to help her out’.

 

Sunny leaned back in her chair and nodded. “One of our members heard that the drama club needs more people to join them. He said that you can be officially be a part of their club without any auditions. That’s how desperate they are. Maybe, you could go and check it out, Fany.”

 

Tiffany’s face lit up upon hearing Sunny’s good news. “Really?”

 

Sunny smiled sincerely. “Yup.”

 

“Wait a minute… who among your members told you that news?” Taeyeon asked. She was still skeptical about it though she had no idea why.

 

Sunny pondered about it for a few moments before coming up with an answer. “It was Kyuhyun.”

 

Taeyeon frowned. “That sophomore prankster? Are you sure this is not one of his evil ways?”

 

Sunny shrugged her shoulders. “Why don’t you just go with her to find out if it’s true or not?”

 

“We’ll do that. Thanks Sunny.” Tiffany said as she dragged Taeyeon away with her.

 

♦♥♠♣

 

“Are you sure this is the right place?” Tiffany asked while clinging to Taeyeon out of fear. A smile crept up on the older girl’s face because of the skinship. They are currently in front of a huge wooden door along what seems to be an abandoned hallway in the school building. The hallway is empty and the silence surrounding them wasn’t inviting at all.

 

“Yup. I’m pretty sure we’re in the right place.” Taeyeon said as she looked for a signage to save her from any humiliation.

 

Both of them flinched when the door suddenly creaked open. They stood frozen when it revealed a beautiful young girl with a pair of doe eyes blinking at them curiously.

 

“Uh…”

 

“OMO! TAEYEON-SSI!”

 

Taeyeon smiled awkwardly when the girl went wide-eyed upon seeing her. seeing the staring contest between the two, Tiffany cleared to make her presence felt.

 

“Is this the drama club?” Tiffany asked.

 

The girl reluctantly took her eyes off Taeyeon and looked at Tiffany. “Yes. How may I help you?”

 

“Actually, my friend here wants to join the drama club.” Taeyeon said, smiling.

 

“Are you also joining us?” the girl asked with hopeful eyes.

 

“Nope.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“But is it true that you won’t be holding auditions?” Tiffany butted in.

 

“Huh? Oh. That’s correct. We badly need new members since a lot graduated last year. I’m Im Yoona from class 2-E, by the way. I’m the club’s secretary.” The girl named Yoona bowed to them as part of her introduction.

 

Tiffany smiled at her. “Well, I’m Tiffany Hwang and this one is…”

 

“Kim Taeyeon from class 3-C, the captain of the renowned girls’ volleyball team… I’m actually your biggest fan!” Yoona said rapidly while trying to stop herself from squealing.

 

“Uh… thank you, Yoona-ssi. I’m sorry to say this but I got to go. My teammates must be looking for me right now. Are you going to be okay, Fany?”

 

“Huh? Yes. It’s alright, TaeTae. You can go. Thanks for helping me out.” Tiffany smiled to which Taeyeon returned the favor by patting Tiffany’s head.

 

“Alright, I’ll be going now. Please do take care of her for me, Yoona.”

 

“I will!”

 

“Thanks. See you later.” Taeyeon said before walking away.

 

The two watched as Taeyeon disappeared from their sight. Then, Yoona turned to Tiffany with a wide grin.

 

“Let’s go inside, unnie.”

 

 

♦♥♠♣

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

 

An hour had passed since Jessica fell asleep on my shoulder. With that amount of time, my body feels a bit uncomfortable with the position we are in but I just don’t have the guts to wake the princess up. Anyway, she’s a lot nicer to me when she’s asleep so I’d just let her be.

 

Seeing her like this makes me smile. She has such an angelic face when sleeping in contrast to her cold attitude whenever she’s awake. Well, it’s a good thing she loves sleeping more.

 

Sigh. Never would I have thought that I’d become friends with her. When we first met, she always finds a way to avoid me as if I was some creepy stranger. I got curious about it so investigated a little and found out that she’s close to my former friend, Kim Taeyeon. That time, I realized that maybe my old friend already told Jessica about me. But I was completely wrong. One day, I succeeded in cornering her when Taeyeon had their daily practice. And then I found out that she ignores me not because of what happened between me and Taeyeon in the past but because of the reason that she doesn’t want to hang out with tall people.

 

It seems very childish but that’s one of the reasons why I’m fond of this girl so much. But of course, strangers are just family you yet to meet. Eventually, we became friends too without anyone knowing. She accepted me though I was a known troublemaker since my first year in high school. Soon enough, I told Jessica that Taeyeon and I were once friends and she seems surprised about it. I heard that she once asked Taeyeon about me and all that Taeyeon said to her is to stay away from me.

 

That’s typical of her.

 

And of course, anyone would do anything for the one they love, right? Wrong. Jessica and I remained friends in spite of everything that Taeyeon said. And I liked that. It just shows that Jessica is still wiser than a fool in love.

 

“Mmm… T-Tiffany…” I heard her mumble while moving her head a bit.

 

Seriously? She’s dreaming about… her. Interesting.

 

I felt her stirring and I when checked, she slowly woke up and rubbed her eyes.

 

Cute…

 

“Had a nice sleep, my princess?”

 

She looked at me with those squinted eyes. “How long have we been here?”

 

“About an hour or so.” I answered.

 

She sat up straight and yawned. “I should probably go.”

 

I stood up and stretched my arms. “Wrong! You mean we have to go.”

 

She also stood up on her own and then we went back to the school grounds. Just as we were about to go our separate ways, a voice called out from behind us.

 

“Sica…”

 

Jessica and I turned around and we were surprised to see Taeyeon looking at us furiously. She quickly went over to Jessica and moved her slightly away from me.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from MY friends?”

 

Tch. Here she goes again. I used to stay calm and patient around her but this time, things are way different now. I’ve had enough of this crap.

 

“Jessica is MY friend too, kid. You can’t stop me from going near her.” I said as I glanced over Jessica.

 

The kid seemed shocked with what I just said. She looked over Jessica and she got a slight nod for an answer, thus confirming my statement. I smirked in victory and left the vicinity. They have some serious talking to do. I can sense that.

 

I just hope Jessica uses this opportunity to her advantage.

 

I didn’t want to do that but I have no other choice. I can’t let Jessica have the same fate as I had. No. she doesn’t deserve it at all.

 

Being Taeyeon’s childhood friend, I know how it feels like…

 

To be treated special,

To be cared for,

To be loved.

 

Or so, that’s what I thought.

 

To think that I had fallen for this kid in the past, it’s just so ridiculous.

 

Kim Taeyeon. Not only did she reject me and my pure intentions, she also tossed me aside ruthlessly like I was a mere stranger begging her for alms. Her words still linger in my head and up to this day, it never fails to haunt me every time.

 

“Remember this, Yuri. Lovers can never be friends. You confessed your love to me. You are my lover… so you can’t be my friend.”

 

History repeats itself. And now, Jessica is in the place where I once was. The only thing missing is the time when Taeyeon finally pushes Jessica aside.

 

But I won’t let that happen.

 

I was a much better friend to Jessica than Taeyeon had ever been to her. And as her friend, I vowed to protect her just as what Hara had done for me. But things aren’t the same as before. Things are starting to turn the other way around.

 

By the looks of it, you’ll get a taste of your own medicine, Taeng…

 

 

 

And your medicine goes by the name of Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

 

♦♥♠♣

 

 

Inside the school theatre’s backstage which also serves as the drama club’s headquarters…

 

Tiffany was seated with a table in front of her. She took a good look around the unfamiliar setting that she’s in. there were lots of costumes and props around but the fact that they were all dusty made Tiffany have some second thoughts about joining.

 

Just then, Yoona came in and served a slice of strawberry cake for Tiffany. The latter thanked her and started eating. Yoona took a seat across Tiffany and stared at the older girl in amusement.

 

“So… welcome to the drama club unnie.”

 

Tiffany looked up from her food and smiled at Yoona. “Thanks… but where are the other members?”

 

“Well… our club’s president is probably wandering off somewhere. The same goes for the other two members.”

 

“WHAT?” Tiffany said as she stopped eating. “You mean to tell me that there are only FOUR members of the drama club?”

 

“There’s FIVE of us now… yay!” Yoona said proudly.

 

Tiffany didn’t look convinced. “But we can’t put up a play or a musical with only five members.”

 

Yoona sighed. “I know that. But like I told you, most of our members graduated last year and there are only four of us left. That’s why we decided to drop off the idea of holding auditions.”
 

 

Tiffany nodded in understanding. “I see. But it still surprises me that no one seems interested to join you guys.”

 

Yoona scratched her cheek. “Well… that’s because…”

 

“YOONG!!!” came a voice from outside.

 

‘Who’s that?’ Tiffany thought.

 

“Omo! I locked the door. I’m coming, unnie!” Yoona said as she went to the door and opened it.

 

A tall figure appeared from the door. Tiffany was so stunned at the sight of such beauty that she did not notice that the girl was standing a few inches from her. Then, Tiffany heard Yoona’s voice in the background.

 

“She’s our new member, unnie. She’s…”

 

“Tiffany Hwang… I know. By the way, I’m the drama club’s president…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Call me Yuri. Kwon Yuri.

 

 

 

 

Welcome to our club.”

 

 


 

A/N: Hmm. Again, I'm terribly sorry if there's no poem. I was busy spazzing about Henry. Hope you don't mind. XD And I think this chapter is long enough too. Well, my hands hurt from typing. Lol. Sorry if there's any mistakes too. >_<

A big thanks to YunHee58 for the vote and also to all the new subscribers!

P.S: To my readers from "What Happened to Us?", I might put up a special chapter feat. JeTi by next week. Still not sure though.

Have a nice weekend guys!