Chapter 6: The Past and the Present

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 6

 

 

 

“Taeng, have you seen Tiffany?” Jessica sked as soon as she found Taeyeon on the girls’ volleyball team booth.

 

Taeyeon stood up from her seat as well as Hyoyeon wjo hasn’t left the booth yet. Shaking her head, Taeyeon approached Jessica. “Isn’t she with you?”

 

Jessica exhaled loudly. “She was… until she ran off by herself.”

 

“Then you should’ve followed her.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“For once, Hyo’s right.”

 

“Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

Taeyeon ignored Hyoyeon and continued. “Why didn’t you follow her?”

 

Remembering what happened in the cafeteria, Jessica opened t say something but she closed it again, making Taeyeon and Hyoyeon look at each other in confusion.

 

Shifting her gaze back at Jessica, Taeyeon asked, “Did you do something bad to her?”

 

“No…” Jessica answered with doubts in her head.

 

‘I’ve been nice to her, right? RIGHT? Umm…’ She thought.

 

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. “Maybe she just wants to do things by herself. You know how she is. She wants to be independent. Fany will be fine by herself.”

 

Hyoyeon nodded while gazing at her shoes. “Yeah, Fany will be fine… as long as she doesn’t run into Gyuri’s gang.”

 

Taeyeon and Jessica looked at each other knowingly before running off in different directions. Looking up from her shoes, Hyoyeon found herself alone in the booth.

 

“Aish, those two! How dare they leave me behind?!!”

 

 

♣♠♥♦

 

 

 Tiffany was roaming around the campus grounds alone. The place was still crowded and there was hardly enough room to move. Her head was turning left and right as she looks for a certain place.

 

“I’m pretty sure it’s around here somewhere. Where could it be? Hmm…”

 

She was so engrossed in looking around that she didn’t notice that there was a girl who was walking ahead of her. Being the clumsy girl that she is, she tripped on her feet and stumbled forward, making the girl in front of her fall flat on the ground, face first. Everyone who saw what happened gasped and froze in their places.

Tiffany fell on her and it took her a few seconds before she realized what just happened. Her eyes widened when she saw a girl who was lying on the ground as if she was planking. Tiffany immediately went closer to the girl to check on her.

 

“Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. I’m so sorry. Can someone please help us?” Tiffany looked around her and saw that the people were just staring at them. No one dared to help.

 

Then, she heard a groaning sound coming from the girl. Tiffany watched as the girl tried to stand up. Tiffany was about to help her but the girl swatted her hand away. Tiffany felt nervous and guilty at the same time. When the girl successfully stood up, she dusted off her clothes and fixed her hair that was covering her face.

 

Tiffany also got up from the ground and looked worriedly at the girl who had a small amount of blood that was lingering from the corner of her lips. She wiped it with her finger before turning to Tiffany with an angry face. She could also hear whispers coming from the audience.

 

“I’m so sorry. I —“

 

“SHUT UP!” Her cold voice silenced everyone around the vicinity. Her eyes were murderous. She gritted her teeth in anger. The whispers stopped.

 

Tiffany hung her head low and was on the verge of crying. No one shouted at her in the way that the girl did. She felt scared. The tears made her sight blurry but she heard footsteps coming towards her. The other students became speechless as they saw the girl moving closer to Tiffany. They knew trouble was coming. Just as they thought that things weren’t bound to get more interesting, Taeyeon came running into view and stood between the two.

 

“Leave her alone Hara.” Taeyeon’s unusual cold and dark voice made Tiffany even more nervous.

 

The girl named Hara scoffed. “Do you have an idea what you’re saying? She’s the one at fault here!” She pointed to the scratches she got on her face.

 

“I’m really sorry.” Tiffany mumbled, making Taeyeon’s expression soften.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath to calm herself and said, “We’ll get you to the clinic, Hara.”

 

Surprised by Taeyeon’s sudden change of attitude, Hara took a quick glance at Tiffany before staring intensely at Taeyeon who had a serious yet calm expression on her face.. Seeing that there’s no use of staying, Hara turned her back.

 

“Wait a minute, Hara. We still have to get you to the clinic. You’re hurt. You need to – “

 

“Yes. I was hurt.  But I don’t want any of your help. Believe me, you can’t do anything about it, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Hara turned around once again and looked at Tiffany from head to toe. She laughed bitterly before staring at Taeyeon. “I see you found the new apple of your eye. I hope you do things right this time.”

 

With that said, Hara left them. Not long after, the crowd dispersed as if nothing happened, leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany alone.

 

Taeyeon faced Tiffany and gently put her hands on Tiffany’s shoulder. “Are you okay, Fany-ah?”

 

Tiffany nodded weakly and stared at Taeyeon. “Um… what does Hara mean by what she said?”

 

Taeyeon let out a sigh. She wanted to say a few words but felt dry. Instead, she kept her thoughts to herself.

 

“Tae?”

 

Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand and smiled to herself when Tiffany didn’t pull her hand away. “Let’s pay a visit to Sunny. I haven’t seen her all day.”

 

Tiffany showed her signature eye smile. “Okay.”

 

I’ll tell you someday, Fany.

 

 

♦♥♠♣

 

 

On the other side of the school campus, Jessica was also searching for Tiffany when a pair of hands covered her eyes. Knowing fully well of the person behind her, Jessica didn’t even bother trying to remove it.

 

“It’s been a while, Sica.” The person whispered on Jessica’s ear.

 

Jessica smiled. “Yes. It’s been a while. Now, can you please remove your hands? It smells.”

 

Jessica heard a chuckle. When she was finally free of the person’s hold, Jessica turned around and was met with a smirk.

 

“Hello princess.”

 

“Not here, Yul. People might see us.” Jessica said before walking pass through the tanned girl. Without a moment of hesitation, Yuri followed her and was later on led to the school’s rooftop. Jessica sat on the cold floor and leaned her back on the wall. Yuri did the same.

 

“So, I’m assuming the kid still doesn’t know that we’re actually friends?” Yuri started the conversation.

 

Jessica sighed. “Not unless you tell her.”

 

“Which will never happen of course. I’m tired of being labeled as a relationship wrecker.” Yuri replied.

 

“There’s nothing to worry to wreck but our friendship. Taeyeon only sees me as a friend. Nothing more.”

 

Yuri stared at Jessica in disbelief. “You’re kidding right?”

 

Jessica shot her a glare for a reply. Yuri could only gulp nervously.

 

“Uh… anyway, what were you doing before I found you?” Yuri changed the topic, not knowing that it will only lead to the same subject.

 

“I was looking for a friend of mine.”

 

“Tiffany Hwang…”

 

“How did you…”

 

“You must be forgetting who you’re talking to, Jessica. I belong to the top class so I have many connections. I know everything.”

 

“Yes. You do know everything… about Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Yuri laughed heartily. “That kid is just so easy to read. I heard from some students that a new girl was seen with you guys. When I checked for myself, I immediately noticed Taeyeon’s different treatment to her. Doesn’t it bother you at all?”

 

“It does bother me. A lot.” Jessica answered in a low voice.

 

“I told you already. Just confess to her.”

 

“What’s the use of it? She already likes someone else who calls her TaeTae. All I can do now is to support her.” Jessica said bitterly while hugging her knees.

 

“TaeTae?” Yuri stifled a laugh.

 

Jessica nodded. “That’s Tiffany’s nickname for her.”

 

“And so?”

 

“But they’ve only met a few days ago! You’re supposed to call someone by a nickname when he or she is special to you.”

 

Yuri scoffed. “Really? Calling someone by their nicknames means that they’re special to you? That’s the most stupid thing I heard in five years…

 

The last one was ‘forever’.

 

Jessica felt the frustration in Yuri’s voice and she can’t help but to sympathize with her though she hardly knew of Yuri’s past.in some way, Jessica wanted to comfort her. Much to the tanned girl’s surprise, Jessica rested her head on Yuri’s shoulder. For a few moments, Yuri’s body stiffened upon the contact but she soon relaxed.

 

“So you’re not going to tell her?” Yuri asked.

 

“No. I’d rather keep our friendship. That’s enough for me.” Jessica answered before closing her eyes. Soon, she drifted to sleep.

 

Yuri smiled to herself when she felt Jessica’s slow and even breathing. She gently poked Jessica’s cheek and then gave it a light pinch.

 

You’re a fool, Kim Taeyeon. I can’t believe you’re doing to Jessica what you did to me in the past. You’re still the same, Taeng. You’re selfish as ever.The day will come that Jessica would know that you knew of her feelings all along. And I swear, when that time comes, you’ll regret keeping her as a friend.

 

 


 

A/N: YULSIC YULSIC YULSIC YULSIC...  I just realized how much I missed them. XD

I know you may have questions, and I hope to answer those by next chapter... and no poems for this chapter! I'm sorry. I was being lazy again.

Have a nice day ahead!