Chapter 10: Yuri

Let Go [Hiatus]

Chapter 10

 

 

 

Inside a room painted in apple green, the lights were still on. A girl tossed and turned in her bed. It was already late into the night but Yuri can’t seem to get to sleep. It was as if something was bothering her. For the last time, she settled on lying on her back with her right arm over her head.

 

Yuri was busy staring blankly at the ceiling above her that she didn’t hear the knock on her door. The door opened and a girl peeked from outside. Seeing Yuri’s trance, she made her way into the bed and lied next to the tanned girl. She put an arm on the Yuri’s waist and snuggled closer to her, finally making her presence felt.

 

“Hara? What are you doing here at this time of the night?”

 

“I guess I just missed you…” Hara reached for Yuri’s hand and intertwined their fingers. “What were you thinking about, Yul? You seemed distracted. You didn’t even notice me coming in. Is it about Jessica again?”

 

Yuri grinned upon noticing Hara’s change of tone in her last sentence and planted a kiss on Hara’s hair to ease her girlfriend’s jealousy issues. “I told you, Jessica’s only a friend. She would never compare to you… anyway, how did you get in? I’m pretty sure I locked the front door this time.”

 

“You gave me a spare key, remember?”

 

“Ahh. I totally forgot about that. I’m assuming your parents aren’t home tonight?”

 

“Mmm, yeah… hey! Don’t change the topic! What is it about Jessica this time? Problems with Taeyeon again?”

 

“Kinda…”

 

Because of the short reply given to her, Hara used her other hand to pinch Yuri’s arm, making the latter chuckle. “Get straight to the point, Yul.”

 

“Alright, alright.”

 

Yuri pulled the girl closer and entangled their legs together. “What I trying to say is that, yes it’s about Jessica and Taeyeon but there’s another person involved.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Her name is Tiffany Hwang. I already mentioned her to you. She’s the newest part of our club… so I suggest you be nice to her.”

 

Hara frowned when she remembered something. “Is she the one who’s always with Taeyeon and the others?”

 

“You met her already?”

 

Unseen by Yuri, Hara rolled her eyes. “Unfortunately, yes. So, what’s with her again?”

 

“You do know Jessica is head over heels for Taeyeon, right?”

 

“Yes and I also know that Taeyeon has a thing for the new girl. Is that it?”

 

“That’s true but the thing is that Tiffany had fallen for Jessica, which makes their situation a whole lot more complicated.”

 

“SO?”

 

“Baby…” Yuri cooed.

 

“Don’t use that on me, Yul. I’m serious here. You got nothing to do with their problem so I suggest you stay of it. Just leave them alone and let them settle this amongst themselves.”

 

“You know I can’t do that. Jessica’s my friend and I don’t want her to end up like me. That’s the least I can do for her.”

 

Hara let out a sigh and lifted her head to meet Yuri’s gaze. Then she removed her hand from Yuri’s hold and caressed the tanned girl’s face.

 

With a low voice she said, “Listen to me. I know you had it tough with Taeyeon in the past but that doesn’t mean Jessica will go through the same hardships as you did.”

 

“But--.”

 

“No buts Yul. It’s a lot better if you stay out of this… sigh. At least, you haven’t done anything yet.”

 

“…”

 

“YURI! You… aish! Tell me you didn’t do anything.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Hara closed her eyes and took a deep breath before looking at her girlfriend again. “What did you do this time, Kwon?” Hara asked in a murderous tone.

 

“I… um…”

 

“Say it.”

 

Yuri gulped her saliva and forced herself to stare at Hara’s glare. “I-it’s nothing big, really. I-I just gave Tiffany a warning.”

 

Hara’s raised eyebrow was enough to send chills down Yuri’s spine. With the constant stuttering due to pressure, Yuri told her the whole story.

 

“YOU DID WHAT?!!” Hara’s glare was too much to handle so Yuri looked away.

 

“W-well… it’s her fault for getting the wrong idea… I didn’t mean--”

 

“But you intended to do that!”

 

“I had to do it. I had to provoke her so that she could take things faster with Jessica. That way, I can save Jessica from the heartaches that Taeyeon will cause her.”

 

Seeing her girlfriend’s desperate expression, Hara softened her voice. “yul, you said so yourself. Jessica is HEAD OVER HEELS in love with Taeyeon. And that means, there’s a lesser possibility that Jessica will suddenly have a change of heart and fall for Tiffany instead. Do you get it, Yul? In the end, Tiffany might be the one who’ll end up hurting too much and as much as I don’t like her, I think she doesn’t deserve it. No one does.”

 

“We’ll never know unless we try…”

 

“Kwon Yuri…”

 

Yuri sighed in defeat. She could never win against her girlfriend when it comes to these kinds of talk. “Fine. I won’t do it again. But if Jessica seeks me for advice, I’d still help her in any way that I can.”

 

“Uh. Sure.”

 

“Aigoo. Is my baby jealous again?”

 

Hara didn’t reply. Instead, she buried her face on Yuri’s neck and cuddled, making Yuri smirk in satisfaction. “Hmm… you’re really cute when you’re jealous.”

 

“Shut up Kwon.”

 

“I love you baby.”

 

Inhaling Yuri’s scent, Hara smiled to herself. She kissed Yuri’s soft skin and replied, “I love you too.”

 

 


 

A/N: Sorry if it's uh... short. It's just a filler chapter so yeah, it's boring. But this answers your question, right? NO YULSIC here...

Mmm... I'm really sorry if this doesn't satisfy you. It's just thatI couldn't think straight. Blame CN Blue for that. Why do they have to be so handsome in person? They're destroying my bias list! Ugh.

Anyway, I'll update whenever I can. Don't know when. Can be next week, month or on October. Sigh. Anyway, thanks to qiqilovemin and HyoMaRi for the votes! And a special shoutout to Breezy! Your comments are really awesome! Keke. And don't worry, Soo will show up soon.