Step Four

10 Steps To Hear: I'm Crying Because Of You ♥
four.
_______________________________________________________________________________

'Fourth step: Talk about your ex with him.'

 

I read the fourth step and closed the book, eventually storing it in the desk drawer of the living room. I'll have to talk about my ex? Well, I don’t like to talk about him but it seems I'll have to make a sacrifice. I turned off the TV and sat back on the black couch. I was bored. This night I couldn’t sleep almost nothing and I have class today. I looked at the blue clock that was on the table in front of me, my eyes closed quickly twice, before noticing the hours. 8:07 am, these were the hours that showed on the clock. With a small sigh, I got up from the couch and took my black backpack that was on the floor beside the couch. I opened the front door and closed it when I put my feet on the pavement and breathed in the fresh morning air.

"Hey, ______, if you don’t hurry, we'll be late." I heard a familiar voice pronouncing the words with a bit of a hurry and my eyes turned to that person. "Come on." Daehyun’s girlfriend slammed her foot on the ground, a little impatient. "You know how the teacher of literature is." She put her hands on her waist and snorted.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I said taking a few quick steps to get close to her. She linked her arm through mine and grinned. Oh, something happened to her to be in good spirits. Usually, she gets grumpy when she knows that we will have literature. Well, I have nothing against literature’s professor but sometimes it's too boring, or rather, his classes are sometimes very boring. I met Daehyun’s girlfriend when I started dating Jongup, I didn’t know she was in my class. Looks like I was inside my own little world and not see that there were people around me. "Something good happened?" I asked as we walked to the university.

"Hmmm, no, why?" She asked, looking sideways at me and I just shrugged. It seems that today, nothing special happened, maybe it’s just my mind. “Oh, no.” She stammered and I looked at her. Her face was turned to the other side of the street, I looked in the same direction she was looking and my eyes landed on a girl. I don’t know her. Who is she?

“What?” I asked, shifting my gaze from the girl, and Daehyun’s girlfriend pulled my arm to keep walking.

"That girl made ​​me broke up with Dae." She said in a muffled voice. I know she doesn’t like to remember those moments. I know how she feels. Of course I don’t like to remember my moments with my ex. I now have Jongup and don’t want to break up with him because I know he's the one. He’s the right person for me and I love him very much. "That's the fan that I told you about, a few days ago." She sighed and I looked forward. Both had come to the university.

“Oh.” It was the only thing I said. What would I say more? Not worth reliving the past. We must face things with a smile. I learned to think this way because of Jongup. When he wants to, he gives good moral lessons.

"You're lucky." She looked forward, just like me. "The fans have put on the head, that the members of BAP are entitled to choose their better half." I nodded with a smile and took a step forward but was prevented from pursuing my path because Daehyun’s girlfriend appeared in front of me. “So..” She stopped mid-sentence and I raised an eyebrow. "You have to enjoy every moment with Jongup." She said with a smile. “You must hold hands with him in the street. You should embrace him whenever you want." She shook my shoulders slightly and I nodded affirmatively. "You can’t lose him ______." She removed her hands off my shoulders and I looked at her a bit confused.

"Okay, thanks for the tip but why are you talking about this now, out of nowhere?" I asked, crossing my arms and she pointed to the right side with her index finger.

"He came back to this school." She said and I looked where she pointed. Some kilometers ahead of me, was my ex, holding hands with some girl. I gave a small smile, thankfully, he found the right person for him and thankfully, that person isn’t me.

"Don’t worry. I will always have Jongup in my heart." I pointed to my chest and Daehyun’s girlfriend nodded. Just then the doorbell rang and both walked into the classroom.

 

****

 

I looked outside the window of the classroom and the bell rang. All students were leaving as I stood there, looking outside. Literature was the only class I had with Daehyun’s girlfriend, in other classes I’m alone and have no one to talk to. I felt my phone vibrate and without delay, I looked at the screen and read the message.

 

Jongup: ‘______-ah, I'm waiting for you at the gate of the university.'

 

I looked at the message sender, was Jongup. Without thinking twice, I put the phone in the pocket of my pants, hurriedly packed my things into the backpack and left the classroom running. My heart was beating heavily in the chest. I'll see Jongup after two weeks of hell, without seeing him. I passed the precincts of the university running and when I was about to get close to Jongup, a person appeared in front of me. I stopped running and almost bumped in the person.

“Hey ______.” I blinked my eyes when I saw that the person waved at me. Wait, he waved at me? My ex waved at me?

"Hey. Now can you get out of my way please?" I ordered a little rude. Ok, I was pleased to know that he has found the perfect person for him but that doesn’t mean we're friends. I prefer not to talk to him. It's better that way, and besides, I'm sure that Jongup, wouldn’t like it.

“______.” He said my name and I stared at him. What does he want? Want to be my friend? After he betrayed me and said he had never loved me? Nah, I pass.

"Look, don’t talk to me anymore. Pretend I'm invisible. Sorry to talk like that, but I can’t speak to you otherwise. Take care.” I said and proceeded to walk to the gate of the university. When I stopped in front of Jongup, I smiled but my smile faded away when I saw that Jongup was looking at my ex. After a few seconds of silence, he looked at me and grabbed my hand.

“Let’s go.” He said in a hushed tone and I looked at him. The smile that was always on his lips, had completely disappeared. There was no trace of a sort of smile on his lips. "What is he doing here?" He asked, after hiking for a long time in silence. "Why he came?" He asked another question and stopped in the middle of the street, causing me to stop too. Jongup know my ex. They have already met once when I and Jongup started dating.

"I'm glad he came." I said with a small smile. Jongup looked at me with a not so very good face. Oh, wait, I have to recap what I said. "Well, I'm glad he came because then I gained a certainty." I said and squeezed the straps of my backpack.

"The certainty that you still love him?" Jongup asked, his voice bitter, and I widened my eyes when I heard his question.

“Bwo?” I asked a little startled by his question. “Ani.. It’s..”

"Forget it ______, I knew you still had feelings for him." He pulled his fingers from mine in a rude way and I heard my heart shatter. "I knew that you would never love someone like me." He took two steps back, away from me. His face was contorted in pain, and the remains of my heart, shattered completely.

"Jongup.. Is nothing like that.. Please.." I tried to approach him but every step I took forward, he gave one back. He turned his back and I stuck out my hand to try to reach him.

“______.” He said my name and looked up to see the sky. "I can’t look at your face, knowing that you never loved me but I'll always remember you because you're engraved in my heart." He closed his hands into fists and then started running, leaving me helpless on the street.

“Jon.. Jongup.” I whispered his name, seeing his figure disappearing among people. "I wanted to say that I won the certainty, the certainty that you are the person I love." I said softly and felt the bitter taste of my tears in my mouth. “Jongup..”

 

Fourth step:

I love Jongup and not my ex. Again, I’m suffering. Love isn’t easy.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Hey hey hey.. Don't kill me please, eh eh ^^ Guys, I'm so happy because your so cute and full of support comments ~♥