Step Three

10 Steps To Hear: I'm Crying Because Of You ♥
three.
_______________________________________________________________________________

I opened my eyes and pulled away a few strands of my hair from my face. I looked around me and saw that I was with my head perched on my desk. How I fell asleep here? Oh, now I remember. I was studying for my next exam and fell asleep. I raised my head and a muffled sound came out of my mouth. My neck hurt and my head too. Next time, I have to sleep in bed and not on the desk. I hate waking up with headaches because I get unwell.

I dragged the chair and stood up. I put my hands on the head and went into the bathtub. Maybe a nice bath make me relax a little and make the pain disappear, even if slightly. I undressed and the faucet letting the hot water wetting my hair, face and body. After a few minutes, I finished showering and dried me. I put a towel on the head and dressed a sweater and shorts. Today I had no intentions of leaving home, without Jongup, I don’t feel like doing anything. I dragged my feet to the bed and opened the drawer of the bedside-table. I took off the book and flipped through the pages until I stop on the page of the third step. Well, I have to read this step, regardless if my head hurts or not. My eyes scanned the dark words.

 

'Third step: tell him that a friend of yours told you that he had said he had no girlfriend.'

 

I finished reading and I lay in bed. My eyes roamed the white ceiling and without holes. I hope he never say that to my friends, because when he says he doesn’t have a girlfriend, that's too bad. My friends, who are the girlfriends of the guys always told me they heard Jongup speak well of me. I know I'm not always the best of the girlfriends but I also know that he likes me, because if he didn’t, he wouldn’t be with me for sure. Jongup isn’t the type of person who plays with feelings because we want or feel like it.

The sound of the messages of my phone woke me from my thoughts, and I fumbled the pillow until my fingers touch the phone. I grabbed it and unlocked it. I saw I had a message from Jongup. We just exchanged messages when he can or when we're not together.

 

Jongup: ‘______-ah, I can’t be with you today. Mian.'

 

I read the message, and a sad smile, insisted on appearing on my lips. I don’t like when he apologizes, because I know he isn’t guilty and I don’t want him to feel guilty. Well, looks like I'll have to postpone this step.

 

Me: 'Oh, okay.. I hope to see you soon. I have something to talk to you.'

 

I sent the message in seconds. Did I do well in saying that I had something to talk to him? And if he feel nervous? Or brooding? Oh no, what have I done? My eyes stopped on the screen when I felt the phone vibrate in my hand again, indicating that Jongup had answered the message.

 

Jongup: 'I will do everything possible to see you today, even for five minutes and then we can talk. Now I have to go. Kiss.'

 

I sighed when I read the message. Now I have a reason to think that I'm not a good girlfriend. I'll make him get more tired, and I don’t want it. Oh, how stupid I am. I put the phone on top of the pillow and I kept the book. The best I have to do is get some sleep. Better sleep than think how stupid I am. I took the towel off of my head and put it in the basket for washing. After, I rested my head on the soft pillow and closed my eyes. I fell asleep in a heartbeat.

 

****

I felt something fluffy touching my forehead. I continued to feel the softness passing on my temples and on my nose. I opened my eyes and found Jongup in front of me. Oh, I love these dreams because in these dreams I’m able to see him and so, kill a little the longing. I saw his face get closer and felt his cute lips kissing my forehead.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty." He whispered and I blinked. I sat up in bed and looked directly at him.

"Oh, are you here?" I asked a little confused. I was still, with the sleepy mode on. He nodded slightly and I rubbed my eyes. I thought I was dreaming but it seems that I wasn’t. He looked at his watch that he had on the wrist and sighed.

"______-ah, I have little time." He sat next to me and hugged my shoulders. I sighed. I want to stay with him, like this, indefinitely but life doesn’t allow it, much less the time.

"How much time you got?" I asked, averting my gaze from his. I'm afraid if I look at him, I will not let him go. You know what is, spend indeterminate days without seeing your beloved? You know what is, always think about him? I hate being away from him, I hate every day that I'm not with him because without him, I feel alone. Yes, I have my friends but they aren’t always available and, of course, have their lives.

“10 minutes.” He answered my question. "My manager dropped me off and said he'd pick me up in 10 minutes, so it has to be fast." He said in a muffled voice and smiled faintly, I know that he’s sad but I also know that he doesn’t want to show me that he’s sad.

"Let's make those 10 minutes be good." I said with a small smile. "Well, what I want to talk to you, it isn’t very cheerful." I said and started to play with my fingers. I was a little nervous. I don’t know how he will react. He put a hand on my shoulder and nodded, indicating to continue the conversation. "A friend of mine told me that you said you didn’t have a girlfriend." I whispered weakly. I don’t want to imagine if this ever happens.

“WHAT?” He lifted up and moved away a little of me. I looked at the floor and said nothing. "Who told you that ______?" He asked and I shrugged.

“Some friend.” I said and he put his fingers on my chin, so I look at him.

"That person isn’t your friend, because friends don’t lie." He looked directly into my eyes and I saw the ferocity that his eyes held. Oh God. "I would never do such a thing." He continued. "Do you really think I was able to do that? Do you think?" He asked, squeezing my chin and I shook my head. Of course I know perfectly that Jongup would never do such a thing. "I have a girlfriend so perfect, and I'm not afraid to say it to everyone." He said tightening the bridge of his nose, trying to calm himself.

“You.. You're ashamed of me?" I asked in a barely audible sound.

“What?” He asked, raising his voice, and sat on the bed again. “Of course not, ______. You are everything to me and I don’t have any shame on you _______." He said and shook my shoulders and I nodded slightly. I don’t know what to say. "The person who told you that just wants to see you suffer ______. Don’t believe in everything they tell you, but believe in people who only want your own good." He said in a mellow tone and I grabbed his warm and soft fingers. I looked at the watch that was on his wrist. We have only three minutes. How time flies.

"I'll do that." I nodded and he squeezed my fingers a bit. "Sorry about that Jongup." I asked, feeling a bit stupid. I never thought he would give me moral lessons but it never hurts to learn.

"Promise me you'll just believe in your closest friends and especially me." He raised his pinky finger and I joined mine with his.

“I promise.” I said with a small smile.

"That’s my girl." He tousled my hair a bit. "Now I have to go." He got up from the bed and took out his fingers from mine. I looked at my hand and I felt a little sad, I already missed him. He was now going. "______, please, always think of me with a smile." He gave a long kiss on my cheek and I blushed a little. I'm always like this when I feel his lips touching my cheeks. "I will always think of you, jagiya, always." He whispered with a small smile and then disappeared from my sight. My ears repeated countless times, the word he had said, 'jagiya', while a stupid smile was plastered on my lips. Moon Jongup, gomawo.

 

Third step:

I learned from Jongup that we shouldn’t believe in everything they tell us, because we end up losing someone special.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

I hope you guys liked it ^^ Thank you so much for your support ♥