Step One

10 Steps To Hear: I'm Crying Because Of You ♥
one.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Na oneul michiGO.. Na oneul michiGO.. Na oneul michiGO sipeo.. YEAH WE GOTTA bamsae..

 

GD’s new song could be heard throughout the small bookstore where I was. Ahead of me was a shelf of books. Today I had decided to come to the bookstore to see if there were new books. I’m a voracious reader. I love reading and I spend most of my time reading, except when I'm with Jongup or studying for exams.

My eyes landed on a book, it caught my attention because of its color. It was white and had some lyrics written on the back cover but the lyrics didn’t have a normal handwriting, the calligraphy was strange, but at the same time interesting. My fingers brushed the cover and felt the robustness of the book. With curiosity, I took it off the shelf, gently and slowly. Something told me that I should be careful with this book. I stopped in the middle of the cover and I read '10 Steps to hear: I'm crying because of you.'

"What is this?" I asked almost in a whisper to myself. Curiosity was eroding my bones and then I opened the book. Some words were written on the first page.

 

'You want him to cry? You really want to know what he feels but for that, the only solution is to see his tears? 10 Steps will help you to achieve that desire.'

 

A shiver went down my back until it disappears at the tip of my toes. I swallowed, and read the sentences again. This is a coincidence? I want him to cry, I want to see Jongup’s tears. I want to see that I'm important to him. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want him to suffer, far from it, I just want him to pour a few tears. Since we met he never cried, and we know each other for about five months and have been together for three months. Yes, I know it's not much, but I'm sure of one thing, I love him and that feeling is very strong. I've had some disappointments in love. Jongup isn’t my first boyfriend and so sometimes I'm afraid to do certain things because I think if I do something wrong, he will break up with me.

I shook my head to try to make these bad thoughts stop tormenting my mind. I sighed and closed the book in a thud. I would put it in its place but a hand landed on my arm causing me to stop moving. I looked to my right and saw a boy with a nice smile, the bookstore logo was stamped on his sweater.

"Miss, you will not keep the book?" He asked, taking out his hand from my arm and pointing to the book that I still had in my hands. I shook my head in response. "It’s a pity, this book is interesting and is the original one." The smile he had on his lips, dissipated. "The person who wrote it, delivered it here a few days ago. We only have this book. The person didn’t even want money for it." He took the book from my hands and gently leafed it without actually reading what the pages contained.

"Why does the person who wrote the book would deliver this kind of book to a bookstore?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. Curiosity, ran through my veins. Yes, if you haven’t noticed, I'm curious. Maybe it's a defect, or maybe not.

"The person simply said that the 10 steps have paid off with her." He shrugged. "She said before going, that she wanted the next person to be able to do the 10 steps." He handed me the book again and I passed my fingers over the printed letters on the cover. Maybe I should take this opportunity. Maybe I should do the 10 steps. After all, I'm in the same situation as the book. I want to see Jongup’s tears.

"I'll take it." I nodded with a small shy smile on the lips, and the employee, also nodded, more joyful. Oh, why was he so glad that I take the book? I thought for a few seconds but then shrugged and gave up. With light steps, I approached the counter and opened my bag to pay. Oh, I didn’t even see the price of the book, but shouldn’t be too expensive, right? I opened the purse.

"No, no need to pay." The employee said, handing me the bag with the book. A little reluctantly, I picked up the bag and blinked a few times. "The person who delivered the book said that the next person who wanted to take the book wouldn’t have to pay it." He said, playing with a pen he had in his fingers. "Just bring it back when finished reading." He said and I blinked my eyes again, a bit confused by all this. After a few seconds, I nodded and walked over to another section of the bookstore where it had sofas and beanbags, where people could read quietly. I love this bookstore for this very reason.

I took out the bag off my shoulders, I approached the small stereo that was next to me. People could put music if they wanted to. I chose the song of 'Jay Park' and sat in a white and comfortable puff. I opened the book and put it on top of my knees. I flipped through the book until I reached the third page. My eyes read the small letters that were on bold.

 

'Let’s begin.

First step: Ask him why he never cries.’

 

I finished reading and saw the number of pages that the book had. Well, looks like I'll finish reading the remaining steps in mere minutes. I was going to flip through the rest of the pages when I saw a short sentence in red in the lower right corner of the page.

 

'Ps: You have to do the steps one by one, and when you have completed one step, you can read the following.'

 

A small 'o' formed on my lips. Looks like I'll have to do this step first and then read the rest. I nodded to myself and closed the book. I grabbed my bag and put the book inside, then leaned back in the puff and closed my eyes, my ears just listened the relaxing music.

"Joah~.. Yeah, guess who is." I heard a loving voice humming softly, close to my ear and my nose felt the sweet aroma filling the small space.

"Who else could it be?" I asked with a big smile. “Jongup.” I said his name happily and opened my eyes. I noticed him, he had a hat on his head, cotton pants and a t-shirt. I bet he came from TS. He sat in my puff causing our arms stay glued to each other and our legs rubbing on each other. "Yah, sit in another puff, this is small for both of us." I grumbled and pushed him lightly.

"______-ah, this is how you treat the person you haven’t seen for more than a week?" He asked in a whisper and I looked at him closely. Ah, regardless of the way I talk, he will never feel hurt. Oh, is he immune to pain?

“Mian.” I said and looked at the brown ground. Seconds later, I felt his fingers touching my chin. I sighed and looked at him.

"No need to apologize." He shook his head in a cute way. "I was teasing you." He said and put an arm over my shoulder. "You know, I missed you." He spoke the words softly. I swear if I wasn’t close to him, I never would listen to what he said.

"Oh, the boy who’s always smiling, missed me?" I asked in a playful tone and he poked my arm lightly.

"Yah, next time, I will not tell you anything more." He gently shook my shoulder and I smiled. Oh, I like when I mess with him.

"There, there. I also missed you." I said sincerely and he gave me a smile from ear to ear.

"Ah, that's better." He said and squeezed my shoulder gently. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he started playing with a few strands of my hair. Well, since we have no topic of conversation, I'll start making the first step. I just hope it goes well.

“Jongup.” I raised my head and looked into his eyes. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked and he nodded. "Why you never cry?" I asked and then bit my lower lip. He blinked a few times and took out his arm off my shoulder.

“I don’t know.” He simply said, looking directly into my eyes. "I guess I never had misfortunes in my life to cry." He shrugged again. “I don’t know.” He repeated.

"You aren't one of those men who don’t cry because they are men and men shouldn’t cry, aren’t you?” I asked mildly curious and he chuckled at my question. Oh, how I longed to hear him laugh and feel the heat emanating from his body. How I longed to be a little bit with him. Indeed, love is something interesting.

“Ani.” He shook his head, still laughing. "You know when I'll cry?" He asked when his laughter ended. I shook my head in response. "When you are no longer part of my life." He said in a serious tone and my heart stopped beating briefly. “And you know why?” He asked another question and I shook my head a second time. "Because you’re the only person who can mess with my deepest feelings." He smiled kindly at me and I without thinking twice, reciprocate, his smile. Jay Park’s song was ending. He leaned closer to me and rested his forehead on mine. “Na ojik neomaniwa haengbokhage salsuga isse..” He sang the last notes of the song with is sweet voice and I smiled openly. With Jongup, I have a certainty, that is: I will always smile when I'm with him.

 

First step:

All the little moments with Jongup are precious.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

First chapter is up ^^ I hope you guys liked it.. For those who want to know what Jongup sang, here it is:  "I can live happily with only you"

P.s: Thank you so much for the votes *O*