09: What a Surprise

1 Out of 100

“That was-” I cut myself off once I realized I was talking way too loud. I leaned in closer to him. “That was you?” I asked, a little quieter this time.

            He nodded. “I’ve been trying to get a hold of you but you’re just ignoring me. I needed to come here and talk to you.”

            “You mean, you begged for SHINee to perform here just so that you could talk to me?” I asked, completely dumbstruck.

            “Yes. I’ve been trying to tell you that I realize that I really messed up. I know that what I tried to do to deal with the situation was a bad idea, and I just want to take it all back. Can we please just try one more time?” He begged.

            “You expect me to just say yes every time, don’t you?”

            He nodded again, not seeing the problem in this situation.

            “Jonghyun, you are hurting me. As much as I want to try this whole secret dating thing again, I honestly don’t want to have anything to do with you right now. I need some space, just let me be,” I said, quickly running into a crowd of people so he wouldn’t talk to me again. I didn’t want him to hurt me again.

 

After the rehearsal full of me running around the studio trying to hide from Jonghyun, we had to go to the SM building to have a meeting with EXO-K for a comeback song. I kept on changing my mind about the whole situation, and currently I didn’t want anything to do with SHINee, so EXO was a great alternative.

            When we were sitting in a small room with EXO-K, Jinhee was slightly giddy with excitement because she was sitting across from Baekhyun who was a member of EXO, meaning she was giddy.

            I noticed on my other side, Sul Hee having a full-on conversation with Kai, which I thought was very cute. She had quickly moved on from ShinYoung after what he did to me, and I guess now she’s looking beyond.

            “So, Minji, right?” A voice said in front of me.

            I quickly looked up to see Suho looking at me from across the table. “Yeah... hi. You’re Suho, correct?” I mean, it was polite to ask, right?

            He nodded. “I figured since everyone around us is deep in conversation, we might as well start one too. So um, where are you from?” He asked.

            “I’m from Incheon, you?”

            “Born and raised in Seoul. I like it here. I’ve been raised around the busyness all my life, and I find it comforting. I guess you kind of feel the same way?” I felt comfortable having this small talk with Suho. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a conversation like this.

            “Yeah, I don’t mind the country feeling either. You can pretty much stick me anywhere and I’ll be comfortable,” I said, laughing a bit.

            Finally, Kim Young-Hu came into the room and sat at the head of the table. “Hello everyone, welcome to the first day of song-writing.”

 

“I never thought my brain would get so tired from writing songs,” I said, my head flat on the table. We had to split off into groups and write some lyrics. I was with Suho and he did most of the work, but it was still hard.

           I heard a familiar laugh in the doorway. “Do you need me to carry you out to the car again?” Yeah, guess who it was. Mr. Kim Jonghyun, who else? Who else would show up to the SM Entertainment building the day Fantasy comes here to write some lyrics? No one but Kim Jonghyun.

            “What are you doing here?” I asked, tiredly, standing up.

            “I came here to see how your song-writing was going. I can see you had fun,” he said, with a smirk.

            “Yes, I did actually. Suho is a very good partner,” I said, keeping on my poker face as I tried not to smirk back at him.

            He looked honestly hurt at my sentence. “Well Minji, two can play at this game,” he said, turning around and walking down the hallway without turning back.

            “What was that about?” Sul Hee asked after examining a piece of paper in her hands. She carefully put it in her pocket.

            “I honestly have no idea. What did you just put in your pocket?” I asked with a knowing smirk. I just needed to keep my mind off of Jonghyun, and onto more important things.

            “Kai gave me his phone number,” she said, blushing a bit.

            I held my hand up to give her a high five. “You go girl! Once our dating ban is over with you will be doing fine with that nice piece of Korean,” I joked, walking with her out to the hallway as all of us went down to the van.

            “Um, yeah.... After our dating ban,” she said, awkwardly.

            “Please don’t tell me you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking,” I said, pausing in front of the van doors.

            “I don’t know.... What if I can’t wait that long? I’ve done it before, I’m sure I can do it again,” she said, going around me to open the van door.

            “Sul Hee, it’s not a good idea. I don’t want you to put yours and his career at risk. Fantasy just wouldn’t be Fantasy without you,” I said, smiling sympathetically. I was partly saying this to give myself some advice, considering all of the mistakes I could’ve made with Jonghyun.

 

“Hey Minji, aren’t you like, dating Jonghyun-ssi?” SeoYoung asked as I came into the kitchen and poured myself a cup of tea.

            “You’re meaning that in a teasing way, right?” I just had to clarify, in case she didn’t actually know that we were dating. We aren’t dating anymore. Definitely not. No matter how much I do or do not want to date him.

            “You really need to learn how to take a joke, Minji-ssi. I was just asking because there’s a picture of Jonghyun and Shin Se Kyung. Apparently they were seen together last night.”

            “What?!” I yelled, running over to her and grabbing her iPhone, looking at the screen in shock. There was a picture of Jonghyun and Shin Se Kyung. It was real. Oh my god, I think I might cry. “That’s... that’s good for him.”

            “Minji, you like him,” SeoYoung said, poking my arm.

            “I do not!” I protested, locking her iPhone’s screen so I didn’t have to look at that stupid picture anymore.

            “You like him, and you can’t hide the fact that you do. If you don’t want to tell me, that’s fine too. Just... if you don’t like him so much, then I suggest you probably shouldn’t confront him. Don’t tell him how you really feel.”

            I might be gullible, strange, and have a very small imagination, but this was the one sentence that wasn’t totally upfront, that I could actually understand. I wanted to understand it because I wanted to do it. I wanted to confront Jonghyun and tell him how I truly feel. I need to tell Kim Jonghyun that I’m in love with him.



WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA. Two updates in one day?!?!?! xD

I guess Jongji is real :O :O :O :O :O :O

Or maybe Jonghyun doesn't feel the same anymore :o

What's gon happen, yo?

Imma go watch some more Sherlock noow :D Comment away, love muffins!~