06: Successful in Many Ways

1 Out of 100

Jonghyun: Maybe elephants have really small -shaped es.

            Me: Do they even have s?

            Jonghyun: How could they go to the bathroom if they didn’t?

            Me: Well maybe they just have holes or something. How would they have children then?

            Jonghyun: I just googled it. Their es are internal and they can be up to 100cm long. The things you make me do...

            Me: Would you kill for a 100cm ? ;D

            Jonghyun: I already have one. ^u^

            Me: Suuuuuuuure you do. Well, I’m going to finish getting ready. See you in a few >u<

            I smiled to myself and put my phone on my bed as I finished getting dressed. All of mine and Jonghyun’s conversations were weird like that, and I can’t even tell you why. We are two really weird people.

            It’s been two days since that first time we had coffee, and we’ve been talking nonstop. It’s just as friends, of course. We enjoy talking to each other because we have a lot of the same interests and questions about elephants. But you know, when a girl like me has a friendship with the hottest guy in Korea, and crush has got to develop. I can’t ignore the fact that he’s gorgeous!

            “Are you ready for the concert?” SeoYoung asked as I went into the kitchen. Today was the day we were finally doing SM Town concert, and I was nervous, but also very excited. I had practiced a lot with Jonghyun and I finally got my part down and it was perfect according to many people.

            “Of course I am. The question is, are you ready for the concert?” I asked while grabbing another fan muffin from the fan muffin basket. This one was chocolate chip, which probably had to be my favourite.

            “We don’t have time for a muffin, we have to rehearse at the concert venue,” SeoYoung said, throwing my muffin in the garbage before walking out of the apartment. Well that was very unfortunate.

            At the concert venue, everyone was finally brought together. For most of the practice time we were all separated into different groups since there was a lot of us. Since it was only the K-Pop bands it made the crowd of artists smaller, but it sure didn’t make the crowd of fans smaller.

            There were thousands and thousands of people. They were all lined up outside, some completely decked out in their favourite artists merchandise, and others were in a huge line to get the special edition SM Town lights to shine in the crowd as it got dark.

            “Hello everyone!” An announcer voice said from above. All of the bands were in the large backstage area because we finished rehearsing and everyone was starting to file into the arena. “Welcome to the annual SM Town concert, we’re glad you could make it! Tonight you’ll see a wide range of SM artists singing your favourite songs. These artists include our newest band Fantasy, to the most successful of bands like EXO and SHINee!” Everyone cheered in excitement as they began chanting different artists names.

            “Maybe we should give them a show before the show starts,” Baekhyun said. Right now he was so energetic because he was excited and full of those endorphins. He was practically running around all morning.

            “What do you mean?” Chanyeol asked with a devilish grin on his face.

            “Don’t be so dirty, hyung!” Baekhyun yelled, slapping Chanyeol’s arm. “I was thinking we could just run around stage and get them excited or something.”

            “Right ahead of you,” Jonghyun said, hoisting me up over his shoulder and running over to the stage.

            “Put me down right now, Jonghyun!” I yelled, hitting his back with my fists as he ran out onto the stage. Everyone started screaming even louder when they saw us in our sweatpants. We weren’t in our stage outfits yet because we were lazy and waiting till the last minute. “I’m not wearing makeup yet! I look horrible!” I yelled.

            “You’re beautiful!” Jonghyun yelled back, throwing me. I screamed until I landed in Baekhyun’s arms.

            “You are not going to throw me around on this stage!” I yelled as Baekhyun threw me to Minho, who was laughing and almost dropped me. Every time I was thrown I could’ve sworn my life flashed before my eyes.

            Before Minho could throw me back to Jonghyun, I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pulled him down, causing him to fall over and have me escape his arms. I stood up and ran to Jonghyun, jumping on his back.

            “Carry me away, peasant!” I yelled, pointing towards where I wanted Jonghyun to carry me.

            He laughed and started running towards the stage exit.

            “You look even more like a dinosaur now, hyung!” Minho yelled behind him.

            A few minutes later we went our separate ways to get into hair and makeup. My outfit for the stage was a gray t-shirt with a varsity jacket with the Fantasy sign on it, and black disco pants with black and gray high tops.

            After watching my hair get curled, and my face transforming into the Minji of Fantasy, I got warmed up to go on stage. This time there was a curtain that would drop and the audience would see Fantasy and SHINee in poses, and then the music would start. I stood on the stage in my pose and saw Jonghyun come out as well. He was wearing a black blazer with a red t-shirt underneath.

            “Good luck, Minji,” he said to me, taking his pose beside me. “Maybe after this we could go out to dinner?” He offered, looking at me hopefully.

            I smiled. “Of course, that would be great. How about Daebak restaurant at eleven?” I offered. This was usually how we planned our meals together. He asked if I wanted to go, and I told him where I wanted to go.

            “Sounds great. I’ll make the reservations after this performance, you can tell the waiter that you have reservations under Kim in the VIP room,” he said, smirking before everyone else came out onto the stage. We’ve kept most of this a secret from everyone else, mostly because we know how nosy our band members are.

            Immediately after everyone got into their positions, the music started and the curtain fell. Everyone screamed when they saw our backs facing them, and then we turned around and began singing and dancing to the song. Everything flowed so nicely in the performance, and it couldn’t have been any more perfect. During mine and Jonghyun’s part, I sang as hard as I could and prayed that I didn’t mess up and danced around Jonghyun at the same time.

The fans went crazy at our dancing, because the dances were kind of provocative at points, which I know Sul Hee was very uncomfortable about, but she managed to pull it off without looking too uncomfortable. I heard her talking on the phone with ShinYoung yesterday, which I’m sure made her feel better. I was kind of surprised that he didn’t break up with her after hearing what she did with Key. Apparently when she had that conversation with him, it was extremely awkward.

The song was finally over, so we all ran off the stage as the lights darkened and the stage quickly got ready for Super Junior. I took a long drink of water and ran the lines to the next two songs Fantasy had to sing in my head.

 

The rest of the concert went by perfectly, and I was quite surprised that I didn’t mess up at all. I was usually the person that was most guaranteed to mess up, so I’d say that not messing up was a big plus for me.

            After the concert, we were all pretty tired so the other girls went straight to bed while I had a quick shower and found something appropriate for going out to dinner with Jonghyun. I didn’t want to show off too much because it wasn’t a date, we were just going out as friends.

            I decided to settle for a black v-neck ruffled dress and red heels. It was the only dress I could find in my closet that wasn’t a super fancy cocktail dress or regular clothing.

            After straightening my hair and putting on a little bit of makeup, I grabbed the keys to the car we barely ever used and snuck out of the apartment.

            Once I got to the restaurant, I parked the car far from the entrance in case anyone recognized it and went inside. I told the waiter that I had reservations under Kim in the VIP section and she lead me to the back.

            “Mr. Kim has a very special place reserved for the two of you,” she said, leading me upstairs and outside, where there was a private deck that looked out onto the Han river. Jonghyun was sitting at a table in the middle of the deck with a bouquet of red roses in front of him.

            “Um... hi,” I said when the waiter left. Why was there roses?

            “Hi Minji,” he said, smiling and standing up, grabbing the roses. “These are for you,” he said, giving me a hug before handing me the bouquet of roses. “You look beautiful tonight, by the way.”

            “Thank you, and thank you for the roses,” I said, letting him help me into my seat. “So, how do you think the concert went?” I asked, taking a sip of the water that was on the table.

            “I thought it was great. Fantasy did a great job performing. Usually the newly released bands don’t sing that many song at one benefit concert, so I thought you were great,” he said with a nervous smile, also taking a sip of his water.

            “So, um... the roses?” I asked. I needed to question this issue because I thought this was only a friendly date but usually friends don’t give each other roses.

            “What? I can’t give you some roses as a gift for an amazing performance?” He asked with a cheeky smile.

            “Well, you just make me feel bad that I didn’t get you anything,” I joked.

            He laughed, then he got serious. “Ok, the real reason why I gave them to you was because there was something I wanted to ask you.”

            I nodded. “Go ahead...”

            “Well... I feel like we have a lot of chemistry. And... I kind of want you to be my girlfriend,” he said silently, adding a soft smile at the end of his sentence.

            Did I just hear what I thought I heard? That Jonghyun wanted to date... me? And I wanted to date him. ...But we couldn’t. “Jjong, you know I would love to be your girlfriend, but I can’t. I’m still on my three year dating ban and it has barely been a year.”

            “We don’t have to be public. We can just meet up like this, and go to each other’s apartments when everyone is out. We could make this work, Minji-ssi,” he begged, showing me his adorable puppy eyes.

            “But I don’t want to ruin what we already have.” I didn’t want to be declining his offer, but I had to. I didn’t want to go through what Sul Hee just went through and have to keep this a secret from everyone.

            “It won’t, I promise. Just look at Tablo. He kept his relationship a secret for six years, so odds our we’ll be able to keep it secret for three. Please Minji... can we please try?” He grabbed my hand, making my walls fall.

            I sighed. “Ok Jjong... I want to try too, so we will.”

            He smiled, which made me smile. Every time he smiled, it couldn’t help but bring a smile to anyone’s face. “Thank you, Minji.”



Ugghrsfbnap, my laptop is being so slow right now, it's taking me literally 10 minutes to post this -.-

So.... yay or nay for Jongji? xD

In the next chapter we see ShinYoung... >:)

Some deep shiz will go down.

AND

I'm looking to get more than one comment on this chapter. It would make me feel really good. I'm not going to go into detail about my depression and stuff, but hearing if people are happy with what I've done would really mean a lot.

If you don't care, that's cool too...