01: The Introduction

1 Out of 100

“MINJI, WAKE UP!” My best friend and fellow band member, SeoYoung yelled, jumping on top of me and forcing me to wake up from my peaceful slumber. I didn’t get to bed until about 1:30AM because all of the girls were forcing me to be awake with them and they obviously needed less sleep than me for some reason.

            “I don’t want to,” I murmured, trying to turn over to put my face in my pillow. She was on top of me, restraining my abilities to do anything. “SeoYoung, let me sleep,” I begged.

            “No! I’m the leader and the oldest and you have to get up because we have to go to the SM Town practice in an hour.” She always used the leader excuse against everyone, as a joke of course.

            “An hour? Wake me up in forty-five minutes,” I said, attempting to fall asleep again. SeoYoung got off of me, but then she pulled the covers off of my bed and exposed me to the freezing cold that was my room.

            “Get your out of bed, Minji,” the maknae, Eun Hee said as she was brushing her teeth and walking past my bedroom. Ugh, why does my life have to be so difficult?

            I groaned and got out of bed and looked at my horrible bed-head in the mirror. My hair was the most horrible rats nest in the mornings, which was yet another thing I was cursed with.

            “Well, you’re hair looks nice this morning,” SeoYoung said with a smile before skipping out of my room.

            I let out of big yawn and finally started to get ready. I grabbed a towel and went into the shower to finally get woken up. I could spend all day in the shower. It’s where I can think about everything and get rid of my bed-head.

            After my shower, I went back into my bedroom and got changed into my most comfortable sweats and put my hair into a messy bun, letting my damp bangs fall onto my face.

            I went out to the kitchen where everyone was quickly shoving a bowl of cereal down their throats, except for Eun Hee, who was hanging upside-down on the back of the couch, waiting for everyone to be done.

            “Guys, we still have twenty minutes,” I said as I slowly went over to my seat in the kitchen. I took a muffin from one of the fan baskets and began slowly nibbling at it. Being part of a new debuting band was fun because your fans were just discovering you, and we got tons of muffin baskets! Only me and Eun Hee eat them though because everyone else exclaims that they ‘could be poisonous.’

            “Everyone is usually fifteen minutes early which means we’re almost five minutes late,” SeoYoung said, getting up and running back to her room. She was a good leader. She still likes to joke around, but is still a good leader.

            I quickly finished my muffin and put on my high tops. Everyone quickly ran out the door and we all got into our van and made our way to SM Entertainment. This was going to be Fantasy’s (my bands) first time performing at an SM Town concert, and I was really excited. I was finally going to be able to formally meet some of my favourite bands.

            “Omo, EXO is going to be there!” Jinhee said excitedly. She loved EXO and usually never shut up about them and loved blasting their music throughout our small and not soundproof apartment.

            “You just realized that?” Sul Hee laughed as she saw Jinhee jumping excitedly in her seat.

            “Well it didn’t really sink in until now, Kim Sul Hee. I hope you don’t mind,” she shot in a joking tone.

            “Omo, we’re here, Jinhee! Maybe Baekhyun will notice you and love you forever!” I teased right after the bus stopped. I ran out of the bus before Jinhee could talk back to me.

            I ran up to the dance studio and burst into the room. It wasn’t until everyone’s eyes turned to me that I realized that I just ran through the doors of a busy dance studio with tons of people who were way more famous than me.

            Soon enough everyone just turned away and began talking amongst themselves when they realized I wasn’t anyone of too much importance.

            Kim Kibum from SHINee came up to me and gave me a hug before introducing himself. “Annyeong-haseyo, I’m Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key,” he said with a smile.

            I bowed slightly before introducing myself. “Hi Key oppa, I’m Choi Minji of Fantasy. But you can just call me Minji,” I said with a smile.

            “MINJI!” SeoYoung yelled, running behind me and tackling me to the ground. She stopped laughing when she realized that everyone was staring, and Key was laughing at us.

            Then everyone else came running in and fell on top of us. What a way to make an entrance.

            “Nice going,” I groaned before getting off the floor.

            “Hey, there’s the new girl band!” Taemin yelled, pulling the rest of the SHINee members over to us. Omo, we were standing right in front of all of SHINee. There were five of them and five of us.

            “Nice to meet you, oppas. I’m Lee SeoYoung, this is Choi Minji, Kim Eun Hee, Kim Sul Hee, and Kim Jinhee, and we’re Fantasy,” SeoYoung introduced us.

            My eyes caught Jonghyun’s and I quickly turned away when I realized he was staring at me. He was so beautiful, and no one can protest to that.

            SeoYoung nudged me in my side. “You hear that Minji? Key oppa asked you a question,” she said through clenched teeth.

            “Oh, sorry,” I said, blushing a bit.

            Key laughed. “It’s alright. I asked if you were a good dancer,” he repeated.

            “I guess I’m an ok dan-”

            “Oh, stop being so modest, Minji. You’re the second best dancer in Fantasy,” SeoYoung teased, nudging me in my side again.

            “SeoYoung is the leader and lead dancer and lead singer of Fantasy,” Eun Hee said to Key, smiling at him.

            They nodded. “Well I guess we’ll see your dancing abilities on the dance floor,” Taemin said, smiling and spinning his way back to the huge group of people in this giant room. Apparently BoA, TVXQ!, Super Junior, and a few other bands have to practice in a different room, while we practice with Girls’ Generation, SHINee, and EXO. There’s so many people part of this event, it’s so cool.

            “Ok, let’s get to work shall we?” The dance instructor, Kim SooMin said, walking to the middle of the room. “It’s nice to see that Jonghyun didn’t sleep in and both sides of EXO are here.” That brought a chorus of laughter throughout the room. SooMin smiled. “And if you didn’t already know, over here is our new girl band, Fantasy!” He introduced while the other artists clapped for us.

            “Now, let’s begin!”

 

“Just leave me here to die!” I mumbled, groaning in pain as I lied on the uncomfortable wooden floor. I thought I was in shape, but obviously I wasn’t. We were just forced to dance for a good three hours, and my legs felt like Jell-O.

            “Come on, Minji,” Eun Hee said, sighing as she picked me up off the floor. Her short brown hair clung to her neck with sweat. We were all tired, I was just the most dramatic out of the bunch. I might start acting or something,

            “It’s feels like I’m floating, Eun Hee.” I laughed into her shoulder as she attempted to carry me to the door. She groaned and dropped me with a loud thud. “OW!” I screamed, rolling around in pain.

            “Walk yourself,” Eun Hee said, walking with Jinhee and Sul Hee to the doors. Funny how all of their names have Hee in them, and all of their last names are Kim. Only me and SeoYoung are the outcasts.

            “You guys doing ok in here?” A deep voice said from around the corner. And by deep voice I meant a voice that didn’t sound like a girls voice so it was obviously a guy coming to save me.

            “We’re fine, Jonghyun oppa, thank you,” SeoYoung said, before nudging my side with her foot. “Get up Minji... SHINee is here,” she whispered as if she were ashamed of my behaviour. That’s usually how it goes. I’m quite childish.

            “Is Minji alright?” Jonghyun asked with a small laugh. I was afraid to look at him because he was so good looking and I was so sweaty and was not having a very good day at all.

            “Um... just a little tired I think,” SeoYoung said awkwardly. She always hated when she was stuck with me. It was either she had to drag me off the floor in a club while I was too drunk to think, or at times like this.

            “Do you want me to carry her down to your van?”

            “Oh no, but thank you, oppa. I’ve been in many situations like this with her before. I kind of know how to handle it,” SeoYoung said, grabbing my arm and pulling me off the floor. My legs still felt like Jell-O as I fell into her.

            Jonghyun laughed again. “You sure? ‘Cause it’s no trouble. My van is out in the parking lot too. The other SHINee members are waiting for me down there.” There was something about the thought of Jonghyun carrying me down the stairs that sounded really amazing right now.

            “Maybe we should test his muscles,” I said with a drunken laugh. And I wasn’t even drunk. Just really tired. More tired than any famous K-Pop star should be after dancing for three hours.

            SeoYoung sighed. “Go ahead,” she said, passing me to him. Immediately as I was pushed into his buff chest I felt my heart stop. He was strong, he had muscles. Why did I have to be so stupid?

            “Oh... um, sorry,” I stammered, staring up at him. He was smiling at me.

            “You’re a lot shorter than me,” he said, picking me up bridal style. “That’s a good thing,” he added before carrying me out of the studio and into the elevator with SeoYoung.

 

“I can’t believe you made Kim Jonghyun carry you to our van,” SeoYoung said to me, shaking her head as we drove back to our apartment. We had to get showered and ready for a charity event that was happening later.

            “Technically I didn’t make him. He offered and I couldn’t refuse because I had no feeling in my legs,” I said with a small smile. It’s not my fault he’s so nice and strong and amazing.

            Sul Hee laughed. “I would pay to be carried by Kim Jonghyun, and he just gave it to you for free. Now how fair is that?” She asked, giving me that ‘I’m ashamed of you’ look.

            “Maybe I’ll ask Key to carry you around, since we’re like, best friends now,” I said, sarcastically. I wish I was best friends with Kim Kibum. We only talked for a few minutes, but that was it.

            We finally got back to our apartment and I went into the elevator as Jinhee made her way to the stairs. She was afraid of elevators and walked up ten flights of stairs everyday because of it. to be her.

            When the elevator dropped us off at our floor, I took SeoYoung’s key and opened the door, letting myself into the nice air conditioned apartment. Air conditioning is a wonderful thing.

            All of us went into our showers and had a quick shower before getting into a different pair of sweats and meeting up in the living room.

 

Once we made it to our venue, we quickly went into hair and makeup where my long, wavy brown hair was curled, and my face was transformed into none other than Minji, lead rapper of Fantasy.

            After being put into my outfit, I went to get my earpiece put in and my microphone checked when someone emerged from around the corner.

            “Good luck, Minji,” Kim Jonghyun said with a smile.



Yay for the first chapter ! xD How do you like it so far?

In case you were wondering, this is Minji's outfit:

#swagyolo XD

Please COMMENT and SUBSRIBE.

I love you.

:)