04: Can it get any worse?

1 Out of 100

Today we had to go to another rehearsal for the SM Town concert, and I was not looking forward to seeing Jonghyun again. I mean, he was still good-looking and all, but all I’ll be able to think about when I’m around him is how we had after knowing each other for a day and neither of us remember it.

            After showing up to the SM Entertainment building, me and the rest of Fantasy were lead to a different room to work on our vocals for the concert, which meant that I hopefully didn’t have to see any of the SHINee boys.

            “BAEKHYUN! GET BACK HERE WITH MY BACON!” I heard someone shout as soon as we walked into another large room with boys running around, and other boys sitting. I was too afraid to look at any of the boys faces in case they were faces that I didn’t want to see.

            “Minji, EXO is here,” Jinhee whispered to me.

            I finally decided to focus to their faces to see Baekhyun, holding a plastic container of bacon and running around the room, being chased by Kai and LuHan. Then Kris stood up and engulfed Baekhyun in his arms.

            I could feel Jinhee tightly clutching my arm. “Are you going to be ok, Minji?” She asked, quietly, looking at me with a worried expression.

            “Yeah, why wouldn’t I be? I’m the one that should be asking you if you’re ok,” I said, laughing a little.

            “Look at the sign over there,” she said, motioning with her head over to a whiteboard that said in clear black marker ‘Fantasy will practice with SHINee for their solos and group numbers.’

            “Oh, um...” it took me a while to fully comprehend what was happening. Key and Jonghyun were going to be there practicing with us. I had to sing around them. Oh, I hate my life. “Hopefully I’ll be fine. Where are Eun Hee and Sul Hee?” I asked, looking behind me.

             I looked around some more until I saw them over with some EXO-M members. Tao and Xiumin to be specific. They were laughing and I was quite surprised, so I walked over to them.

            “Annyeong-haseyo, I’m Choi Minji,” I said, bowing at them.

            “Annyeong, Minji-ssi. I’m Huang Zitao, but you can call me Tao, and he’s Xiumin,” Tao said with a smile. He was sitting beside Xiumin on an amplifier and Eun Hee and Sul Hee were sitting on the floor across from them.

            “Did you two read the white board?” I asked, turning to Eun Hee and Sul Hee.

            “Yes we did, and we’d rather not speak about it right now,” Sul Hee said, causing Tao to laugh. Yeah, I’m sure he didn’t know the whole story so he better shut up before I make him.

            “Minji!” Someone yelled from behind me. I turned around and saw Taemin running towards me. Oh no... and so it begins.

            “Oh, hi Taemin,” I said, quietly.

            “I’m excited to be working with you, Minji. I’ve always wanted to hear your rapping and singing skills live,” he said with an innocent smile.

            “Thank you, Taemin-ssi.”

            “Ok! SHINee and Fantasy! I want you to meet over in that recording room!” SooMin yelled, pointing to a recording studio attached to the dance studio.

            I sighed and walked over there with Taemin. Once we got inside, everyone sat down around a rectangular table. Eun Hee sat beside me and Taemin sat on my other side, and eventually there was one seat left. It was directly across from me and lucky me, Jonghyun was the last to get in the room and he had to sit across from me.

            “Hello everyone,” a vocal instructor, Lee Joowin said, walking into the room and standing by a whiteboard. “For the benefit of speeding up this process, I’ve already carefully listened to each of your voices to see who you would pair up best with for your duets with each other. Onew, you’ll be with Jinhee. Minho, you’ll be with SeoYoung. Taemin, you’ll be with Eun Hee. Key, you’ll be with Sul Hee, and Jonghyun, you’ll be with Minji.”

            I saw everyone happy with who they got, until I looked at Sul Hee, who was almost in tears. Key was looking down at the table with a guilty expression on his face, and Jonghyun was expressionless. I honestly didn’t know what to think. I was kind of angry because I was being paired with such a strong vocalist, but I guess everyone in SHINee is a strong vocalist and even though I’m a rapper, my voice is too high to be with Minho or Key, and maybe it would sound nice with Jonghyun. I guess we’ll never know until we try.

            “For your duet, you’ll be singing a remix of Why So Serious? and Fantasy Love Story. The remix was written by our very own Kim Young-Hu, so here are the lyrics,” Joowin said, passing us sheets with the new lyrics to both of our songs. Of course Jonghyun was singing the hardest verses with me, and I had bits and pieces of rapping here and there. This was definitely going to be the time for Jonghyun to shine, while I just try my best.

            “After your duet, you’ll go off stage before Super Junior take the stage, and then Fantasy will go back on singing Bad Boy and We’re Living On Top, and then SHINee will go on right after them singing SHINe and Medusa.”

            All of this was a lot to take in, but thankfully we were all singing our debut songs and we had them all memorized so hopefully it would be a bit easier on all of us. It was still a struggle to remember all of the dance steps though.

            “So I’ll let you chat amongst each other for a bit, and then get to practicing the song,” Joowin said before leaving the room. Once she left, we all sat there in silence, not knowing what to do next.

            “Look, Sul Hee, Eun Hee, I’m sorry for what happened a few nights ago. I didn’t mean for it to get so out of control like that but it did and there’s nothing we can change about it,” Key suddenly blurted out.

            “Thank god we dealt with that elephant in the room,” I said, letting out a sigh.

            Everyone laughed around me. “Yeah, I realize it was kind of all of our faults...” Sul Hee said quietly.

            “Jonghyun,” Key said, nudging his side. “Don’t you have something to say,” he whispered.

            “Look, I’m sorry that this happened and I brought this burden upon you. I promise it won’t happen again because I won’t ever go to another party with SHINee ever again and I if do, I definitely will not be taking shots with Minho,” I said, suddenly. I really needed to get that out because I don’t want to be stuck with this burden through the whole SM Town concert.

            Jonghyun looked a bit surprised with my sudden outburst, and everyone waited with me for a reply from him. To see if he accepted my apology or wanted to make this situation even worse. “I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have been so immature,” he said, silently.

            “Well, let’s get practicing!” Jinki cheered, getting up from the table.

 

After a long and hard practice day, full of nothing interesting, we were finally able to go home. I was surprised there were no sudden awkward moments with me and Jonghyun. He seemed weirdly happy and excited to be with me.

            “Minji, we need to shower here because we have to go to a special dinner tonight and we don’t have enough time to go home and shower. There are some clothes here that we can wear,” SeoYoung explained to me, leading all of the girls into the shower room. I hated showering here because it reminded me of my trainee days and how awkward it was to shower with twenty other girls.

            I went into one of the shower cubicles, got undressed, and had a quick shower. I didn’t like longer showers here because I was always self-conscious about showering in public.

            When I got out of the shower, my clothes were gone and there were only towels. That meant I had to walk down the hall in only a towel to get to my clothes. There could be people here still!

            “SeoYoung? Sul Hee? Are any of you here?” I asked.

            “I’m here!” Jinhee said, getting out of the shower and wrapping a towel around herself. “Minji! My clothes are gone!” She panicked, looking frantically around the room, trying to find her clothes.

            “It’s ok, Jinhee. We just have to go down the hall, risking people seeing us and get our clothes. Oh , I hate everyone so much,” I said, walking back and forth in a panic. “Jinhee, we’re going to die.”

            “You’re supposed to be the confident one in this situation!” She yelled, also walking back and forth. “It’ll be ok... we’ll be fine,” she kept muttering to herself.

            “Ok, let’s just go. We can go and get it over with and pray that no one will see us,” I said, tightening my towel around me a bit more. I took a deep breath as me and Jinhee made our way into the hallway.

            “Guys, this isn’t funny!” Jinki’s familiar voice yelled from down the hallway.

            “I swear to god, I’m going to kill Key and the rest of them when I see them for dinner,” Jonghyun said. Oh my god, Jonghyun and Jinki were going to see me and Jinhee . No.

            “Ah! Minji! Jinhee!” Jinki said, jumping a bit when he saw us. He held on to the towel around his waist. Jonghyun looked too shocked to even speak.

            “What happened to you guys?” I asked, still standing on the opposite side of the hallway as them.

            “Everyone took our clothes and we didn’t even think that we had to get our clothes from the closet out here. Why are you here... in that?” Jinki asked, immediately blushing.

            “Same thing,” I said, clenching my teeth at the thought of them stealing our clothes.

            “Well, let’s go in then,” Jonghyun said, walking into the closet. It was a huge walk-in closet about the size of my bedroom, with rows and rows of dresses and other stage-like outfits. This was like everyone’s second everyday closet when they had no clean clothes or they didn’t have time to go home.

           As we were all in the closet, searching for clothes, we heard laughing and running in the hallway, and then the door slammed shut. Jonghyun ran over to the door and twisted the handle, but the door wouldn’t open. It was locked.

            “Oh my god, could our lives get any worse?” I asked to myself, hitting the door with my palm while using my other hand to hold up my towel.

            “How are we supposed to get dressed?” Jinhee asked in a panic.

            “Easy. Just tell everyone to close their eyes and turn around,” I said, backing away from the door and grabbing my pile of clothes. I went to the far corner of the closet and motioned for everyone to turn around. I could’ve sworn I saw Jonghyun smirk before he turned around.

            After all of us finally got dressed, we all sat beside each other by the door, waiting for somebody to come by and let us out. We were obviously going to get a huge scolding from being late for our dinner, and especially Jinki because he’s the leader of his group.

            “Help,” I said lifelessly, hitting the wall, hoping someone would miraculously hear me and help us out. That definitely wasn’t happening. We all ran out of steam and we were tired to begin with.

            “We’re going to be stuck here forever,” Jinhee moaned.

            “Maybe if we get we’ll survive longer,” Jonghyun said, causing me and Jinki to hit him at the same time and then laugh at his stupid comment. “Yah! Isn’t there something about getting ?”

            “Yeah, when you’re stuck in Antarctica!” I said, hitting him again.

            He laughed. “Oh, right. Then what do you do when you’re stuck in a closet?”

           I snorted immediately after he said that. “I guess you have to come out of the closet, Jjong,” I said, making everyone burst out laughing.

            “Who’s in here?” A voice asked from the hallway.

            “Thank god! Someone came to save us!” I shouted, standing up. And of course, there stood Kim SooMin with an unimpressed look on his face as he let us out of the closet. “Thank you so much!” I said.

            SooMin laughed. “No problem. Try not to get yourself stuck in a closet next time.”



What a great chapter right?

XD I would kill to get stuck in a closet with Jonghyun. and get with him.

Leave a comment if you enjoyed!

Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE.

BYE~~~~

I love you.