Chapter 9 – The past

The Monkey & The Hedgehog

***

 

The sound of the park swing that screeching the silent night which annoying my ears is enough to build my curiosity to walk closer, he’s there, that skinny pale guy, sitting and swinging the park swing, alone.

 

I sigh.

 

What am I doing here? I’m the one who wanted him to leave, right?

 

I sit beside him, on the other park swing and watching him in silent.

There’s a long pause, we didn’t speak nor breathing hard, you know, one of those awkward moment??

“Zhoumi was right.” That came out surprisingly, I glance from his left, and his pale face craves that sadness look again.

 

“He never loves me.” Then he starts to sob, omo! omo! omo! Why is he suddenly crying?

“Yah! Stop crying! Yah~!” I feel uncomfortable with him crying like this.

I walk closer and kneeling in front of him, “Hey hey!” I call him in worried, I pat his both knees, this is like soothing five years old kid.

 

“Donghae~!” Then he looks me with that sad look, it really is heartbreaking, I can see the sorrow in those big doe eyes.

Suddenly he grabs me and hugs me tightly, what the~!!!

Somehow I let him does it, just to make him feel better.

 

Between the sobs I caress his back to soothing him, “Hush now! Everything is going to be all right Eunhyuk ssi, Sshhhh….!!”

 

“I love you so much Donghae, do you know that?” He whines sorrowful, “I know.” Okay, why did I answer that spontaneously? We, I mean, me and that Sapphire Donghae has the same name and the same look, oh yeah right.

 

“And I’m sorry, for what I have done to you Donghae, I didn’t mean it, I’ve lost control.” He cries.

 

“There’s nothing to be sorry about Eunhyuk ssi.” I answered him again, okay, I sound good enough for this gay lover role thingy.

 

“I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you that day, I love you, I didn’t mean to hurt you, I’m sorry.” Eunhyuk cries even louder.

 

“Why you kept saying sorry, I said there’s nothing to be sorry about Eunhyuk ssi, so stop crying now okay!” I hush him again.

 

Then he gazed me in silent, I gulped in nervous, why is he staring at me like that? For a moment there I feel so weird, awkward, and to add my surprise he bend down his head slowly and brushes his pinky pouty lips to mine, this is practically the second time he kissed me, “And I hate when you kept calling me with Eunhyuk ssi, why is it whenever you talk to me, you always call me Eunhyuk ssi while you call the King by his name, Donghae???” He whispers that with cold stern voice, sounds there’s the hidden anger and then he grabs my head swinging it with harshly, omo! I feel dizzy.

 

Time for me to let him go now, I think.

 

Gosh! He’s such a bipolar moody guy, my head is spinning.

 

“Yah! You shocked me!” I squeak, “Okay! Okay! So how do you want me to call you then? And would you stop swinging my head! Yah! Sheeshhh…!!”

 

“Just Eunhyuk!” He sighed and then let my head go.

 

“O~kay~!” That sure was awkward; I sit to the next park swing again.

 

“You maybe look like him, but you’re not him, you’re nothing like him, he’s delicate, pure, kind and innocent, my Donghae.” He closes his eyes and the tears fall.

 

“Oh so I’m the vice versa then, yah! you kissed me but now you are mocking me? Geez! What is wrong with you Eunhyuk? I just don’t get you, what did you do to him anyway? You did something wrong to him, didn’t you? If not, you wouldn’t be this~ this~ this~ miserably depressing mood.”

 

“I~I~!” He paused, “I~ him.” Eunhyuk exhales.

 

I widen my eyes and almost choke gulping my own saliva when I heard that, what did he just say? “YOU WHAT?????” He grabs his own hair and pulling it harshly, he looks more depressed than before, curling and buries his head to his knees, again, sobbing.

 

Geez! What kind of man you’ve saved Donghae????? He’s a criminal, totally, maybe throw him away is the most appropriate action after all, so what am I doing in here??? To bring him back to my café???

 

Rationally, hell is not a good decision to have him back, but my heart says the different though, I really can feel his sorrow, I don’t know why and I can’t explain how, but I believe his words, and his regrets.

 

So, I decided to have him back but I need to make sure one thing, “So tell me! You actually did~ did~ that to him?” He nods slowly, sheeshhh!!!

 

I bit my lower lip, I really don’t know what to say, I’m speechless here.

 

“He kidnapped Donghae, I was trying to help him, but Donghae fell for him instead, I just don’t understand, what did Donghae saw from him which I don’t have?” Wow! He really is frustrated, isn’t it?

 

“I’m sorry, who? Who kidnapped me? I mean Donghae?” What can I say, I’m confused here.

“The King.” Eunhyuk croaked.

“Duh~! Who is this King?” I roll my eyes.

“Choi Siwon, he’s the King of Sapphire.”

“Ow~ I see~ wait! I think that name triggered something, that’s right, my customer-nim Siwon ssi, the King?” Yep! We were trying really hard to break them fighting, me and Zhoumi.

 

I sigh, “well, but you need to know that you’re not in the Sapphire anymore Eunhyuk, you should realize that, you said yourself that I am not the same Donghae as you know, yet you punched my customer-nim with full hatred, that’s not nice you know, he doesn’t even know you.” He goes silent.

 

“So, let me rephrase this, you’re not in the Sapphire, you’re in here, in Seoul, I want you to think that way, and the people in here are not the same people as in the Sapphire too, I think Zhoumi was right, maybe this is your opportunity to have a new life in the new place, to forget that dark past life of yours and to move on?”

 

“I want you to come back.” At last I said it.

 

He gazed me in shocked, “you really are different from him, you are~ way~ mature.”

“I am.” Good thing he knows my point.

 “And a garrulous one.” He added.

I frowned, “you mean chatty? Whatever~ the point is, I need you back, I can’t let those two cries for you like the kittens lost its mother.”

 

“Obviously Zhoumi cares for you, they both are.”

“I know, he never spoke something like that to me before.” Eunhyuk sighs.

 

“I’m pretty sure, they’re waiting for you or~~~ more like trailing you, they’re here!!!”

Zhoumi and Henry walk closer with hesitation, poor them, why they’re so scared of this monkey face, I just don’t get the idea.

 

“Guys, come here!” I swing my hand gesturing them to get closer, “Eunhyuk wants to talk to you.” I added.

 

“I do?” Eunhyuk frowned. “Of course you are, I’m going back to my café now, I know you guys need the privacy time, so uhm~ I’ll be in my café, waiting, hmm. .. yeah!”

 

 

They didn’t come home last night.

 

Because the next morning I woke up, I have my breakfast alone.

 

I search their rooms again just to check; probably they decided to left, I sigh.  This what I want, wasn’t it? But why do I feel sad and hollow?

 

I’m beginning to miss them already, I miss the cute and smart Henry, I’m getting use to Zhoumi’s mischievous and funny behaviors but mostly I miss that figure, that skinny pale figure, that big doe eyes, those perfect jaw lines and those pouty pinky lips.

 

I’m not even a gay myself, or am I?

 

Then again, I need to open my café for today, alone.

I need to go to bath.

I walk inside the bathroom and stripped my cloth, heading towards the shower,

but when I do, OH MY~~ %*^^#&Q$#Q*$$^&$

I scream, “WHAT THE HELL YOU’RE DOING IN MY SHOWER YOU GUYS????”

 

“Oh wow! This is the second time I watch the Queen Lee Donghae in front of me, wow, you have a nice body.” That voice belong to Zhoumi along with the whistle.

 

“Omona! Omo! Omo!” Henry squeals and covers his eyes with his both hands.

 

While the other guy, the pale one, he widens his eyes without blinking, almost drooling.

“KYAAAAAA…..!!!” I shriek, “GET OUT, I SAID GET OUT!” I’m the one who told them to get out, but I’m the one who’s running out of the bathroom, .

 

What was that? What are they doing in my bathroom?

 

I almost died because of shocked.

 

 

To be continued,


 

Thank you for reading my story,

For you . . . for you . . . xD