Chapter 3 – Hallucination

The Monkey & The Hedgehog

To be Honest,

I know now what the meaning is, when you have the story line in your head, but you forget it right away because you don’t have time to typing it and you sort of don’t know how to continue the latest chapter?

That’s kinda how my problem is on this fanfic, *sigh*

I try to puzzled it back again in my head and yeah, it’ll come back to me in the end,

Because I want you to--

 

ENJOY this!!!


***

This time, when the odd guy pulls off his IV needle again, he groans is pain while walks closer to me.

 

I don’t know what is happening here, but maybe the sunlight has blurred my vision or is it I’m beginning to have this delusion because I’m seeing the pale skin guy is slowly fading away almost become transparent image, literally.

 

Omo! Donghae ah! Are you starting to become nuts now? Ya Jinjja! I rub my eyes few times to make sure I’m not having hallucination here.

 

It’s like seeing a live horror movie when you see a human body gets hit by the sunlight, that’s when you get realize, that the guy in front of you, is slowly disappear into the air, from a solid form into a transparent paper sheet and then vanished, just like the ghost.

 

Spontaneously, I shout out loud, “HEY~!!” as a random word, part of it because I’m too shocked, and part of it, is to make sure that I’m not daydreaming, that I’m not insane at all, then slowly his body is getting back to normal again, and I guess he doesn’t realize that it’s just happening to his own body.

 

Oh man! This is so supernatural thingy~!

 

My heart beats hastily and I’m sweating all over, feel slightly scared, okay, maybe more than slightly.

I’m too shocked to get freak out. I mean, what the hell was that???

 

The nurses showed up again, having the difficulty time to make him lay down on the bed once again.

They drugged him, yet again.

 

Somehow, I don’t like what they’re doing to him, like a lot.

 

I decided to take him home, to my café actually, because I will talk with this man later on, consider after that I’ve paid so much for the surgery and because practically the nurses and the doctor are indirectly, decently talk to me, to throwing him out of the hospital by suggesting me to transferring him into the psychiatry hospital for the next treatment, but that will only means another responsible and a lot of cash too.

 

I sigh.

 

What have I got into?

 

You know, he looks really normal to me when he sleeps soundless like this, I know there is something odd about this guy, and somehow, deep down in me, I can tell he’s not entirely crazy, he looks smart actually, when he woke up and spoke to me just now, he’s fearless maybe, but crazy? I doubt that.

 

Or maybe, he’s pretending to be crazy? But why would someone do that?

 

He still in asleep, so I put him on my bed and then walk to down stair.

 

“Yah! Naughty kid, where have you been?” I startled, “Why did you leave the café empty without supervision?” It’s my grandpa.

 

“Halbae!! I thought you left café after calling me? Oh my! What happened to you? Why your shirt and your pants are dirty like that? And Oh gosh!! Did you hurt your elbow?” I examine his dirty pants and his wounded elbow.

 

“Yah! Old man, what in the earth has happen to you?” I yell, he smacks my head and glared to me in results, “just bring me some bandages and the antiseptic, instead of looking me like that!” He ordered.

 

“I’m running out of stock, I’ll go and buy it for you Halbae, wait here! And oh! There’s someone is sleeping inside my bedroom upstairs, don’t get too surprised if he wakes up and if you see a stranger, I’m going to explain to you later.”

 


***

 

I drive my car aimless, I was only avoiding my step father’s face, but my heart longing for my family business, well, I am abandoning the precious thing of my family.

 

I sigh.

 

Is there anyhow to lighten my first day as the new manager of Saint Honoré aside the dilemma feeling that keeps lingering in my thoughts all day?

 

I’m hungry, I didn’t eat the lunch, I glance to everywhere, but this area has no restaurant. Oh! I see a café, Ah crap!! It’s only a small bakery and I don’t eat cake either, but I am really hungry.

 

Maybe I’ll stop by, just to taste other things than the cake, to fill my empty tummy; it begins to growling now, “all right! All right! I get what you mean”, I can’t believe I just murmured to myself.

 

I park my car, walk out, found the little door and I push it slowly waking the door’s bell jingling sound.

 

And just my luck!! What a bad coincidence, I meet the same old man who almost got hit by my car earlier; the oldie is sitting on one of the stool near the cashier table, oh yeah! I will recognize that figure right away; he turns his head and found it’s me who enter the door.

 

“You-you- the insolent-unmannered-young man!” He bursts out in anger. I’m about to leave the café to avoid the conflict with the crazy old man when suddenly a young man walks inside the café, a cute boy, actually too cute to be true.

 

My eyes trace from the good brunette haircut, to his mesmerizing eyes which kind of look like the fish look, I don’t know why I compare it with the fish’s eyes, but it suit him well somehow, in fact look cute, also he has the beautiful pink thin lips, not the mention flawless skin, he obviously shorter than me but has the good shape well built-up body, phew!!

 

“Ow hello!” He greets me friendly, “do you need anything?” He asks, “Do you want to buy something? We have cakes, cookies and other pastries, anything you need, customer-nim?” I change my mind instantly when I heard that soft friendly voice, maybe I’ll stay for a while.

 

I nod obediently and sit on one of the customer table unconsciously. “Yah! You should say apologize to me!” Urrrggghhh!!! I forgot about the oldie guy.

 

“Halbae! Don’t be rude to our customer.” Say that again! His what?

 

Oh! So the old man is this boy’s grandpa? ! I feigned the smile spontaneously, I don’t know why I do this but I bow a bit, “Please do accept my apology! I was kind of in the rush before, so I’m not really paying attention to the road, it was my mistake really, I’m so sorry.” Another bow, is that good enough? Suddenly, I want to make a good impression and that’s all because of the cute guy.

 

“All these bruises are because of him, he almost hit me by his car and I fell because of it.” Good God! Would you stop it already old man! Sheeshhh!!!

 

“Almost hit by his car?” The boy shrieks; I rush to say, “it was already green light you see, but your grandpa was walking and like I said, I didn’t pay much attention, I admitted it was my fault.” I place my hand on my left chest and again do the bow, why do I seem like the servant who is bowing to the King?

 

“Here, lemme see, Halbae!” The cute guy is kneeling in front of the oldie and touches the old man’s wounded elbow before the oldie screams, “Aaarrhhh never mind! Give it to me! I’ll do it myself.” The old man grabs the plastic bag from the cute boy and walks inside the room, grumbling something which I can’t hear it clearly.

 

“Omo! Tsk! Why you are always such grumpy Halbae? And why do you scream at me too? I didn’t do anything wrong to you?” The cute guy frowned watching the old man walks inside.

 

“Uhm. . . excuse me!” I clear my throat; the cute guy turns to me, “Yes?” He replies.

 

“You see! I want to buy a cake, but I don’t know which one is better.” Even though I can tell he’s a bit upset knowing I’m the cause of his grandpa’s bruises, he still acts nice, smiling politely in return.

 

“Oh! Well, as you can see, we have several cakes you can choose, this one has the fruits on top of it,  this one has the blueberry flavor, or the strawberry one, I’m sorry, I don’t know what flavor, do you like, customer-nim?” He asked.

 

“Siwon, I’m Choi Siwon!” It would be great if we can be friend, hmm. . . everything begins from friendship, right??

 

“Oh! Uhm, Mr. Choi, so which one do you like?” Oh too bad, he calls me with the Mister again, “just Siwon will do, call me Siwon!” Oh! I insisted.

 

“Oh-Okay! Which one do you prefer, Siwon ssi?” I grin excitedly.

 

“Uhmm. . .that one!” I randomly pointed at the blueberry topping, I mean who cares what the flavor is, I don’t eat that thing anyway.

 

“Wait for a moment! I’ll wrap it for you.” I nod, but I still want to stay here a bit longer, or to talk to him, wonder he works here or he is the owner of this little bakery shop? He still busy wrapping when I ask, “it’s a curiosity, who is the patissier of this bakery?” Oh! That one came out excellent Siwon ahh!!

 

“Ne? Ah!! It’s me; I’m the patissier, well also the owner as well.” He smiles, and omo! Omo! Cutely! That one almost looks like an aegyo! ( or so Siwon’s thought xD ) he makes me melted; I ended up pursing my lips and furrow my eyebrows holding my breath.

 

“Hoh~~!” I release my hidden holding breathe, “So uh—where did you learn to bake, Mister~!” I chanted the last word hoping to know his name, but strangely the cute smile fades away in instant replace by the sadness look, oh! Wow! Didn’t expect that, am I saying the wrong thing?

 

“Name’s Donghae, Lee Donghae, customer-nim and here is your cake.” I took the cake in a bit awkward feeling by his sudden mood, well at least I know his name now, but too bad, he calls me by customer-nim and that makes my mood to ask him slowly faded away now.

 

I walk out the bakery with the weird-minded and limply heading to my car, still wondering to myself that was I asking the wrong thing.

 

I only ask him, where did he learn to bake, that’s all, right?

 

Strange.

 


To be continued,

 

Thank you for waiting my story and stick with me guys,

I admit I update the story slower than we expected,

But I’ll try my best to bring back my good memories again,

Ahahah . . . Do I sound old~?? Bring back my memories?? Pfffttt…

Anyway, cut the crap!

Thank you for reading my fanfic,

for you . . . for you . . . xD