My Prince Crazy

Letters Delivered by Angels (Editing)

Dear Jinki

 

I hope you're alright... I understand why you aren't replying to my letters. You've only just began settling down right? When you're done with everything please write to me. I'd really love to hear from you.

I went to my first counselling session, it's so boring. They have the room decorated with stress relief balls, pictures drawn by children and even balloons..it looks like the color theme for the place was rubix cube. Seriously, there's so many colors in there I'd think all the paitients would get an epileptic seizure just opening the door to that room. I don't even know why I've been harrassed by everyone to go anyway. Sure I've been stressed, but so has every other college student in the world. I've been going to new lectures recently. It really expands my learning.

College classes are the extreme opposite of elementary... ha, this reminds me of the first time I went to the school with you.

On my first day I introduced myself to our class happily. What I didn't know at the time was the bullying that I, actually scratch that, we was about to suffer. Because we were the only boy and girl that hung out together amongst the kids in our class, everyone began teasing us and saying that you were my 'boyfriend' or I was your 'girlfriend', the two most taboo words for elementary kids. At first we didn't care, but then it escalated to insults about our appearance, name, even our family. It came so fast I hadn't even realized we were being bullied until I came to class and your desk was covered with vandalism. At the time I was fuming with anger and was adamant to find out we had commited such a dirty act. What I didn't know was that the desk wasn't yours at all, it was mine. You had dragged my desk from all the way across the room, and switched it wth yours just so I wouldn't see what the other kids had written about me. Those days were both painful yet precious to me.

You know, before going to the same school as you I thought I had already known you completely; a crazy and mischievous boy. It turned out that my analysis of you was incorrect. Now as you read this you'll be nodding your head in satifcation, and other people that may have come across this letter, might also assume that by what I had said you were actually unbeknownst to me, the F4 of your school. Well I'll tell you now, you assumed wrong. I didn't fully witness the extent of your craziness until I began attending that same elementary school as you.

During the little free time we had in interval we sat in the far corner of the school, in the oasis of shade provided by the large oak tree. The difference between being friends with girls and being friends with a guy is this; instead of spending our play time making "soup" with dirt and water, we would go on stupid extravagant adventures that you made up.

When the school year was edging towards the end, we decided to climb over the large fence of the school and sneak to the nearby esplanade. We succeeded too (after nearly killing each other while we attemped endlessly to climb that fence). When we walked along that path beside the river it felt like we were free, with wings behind our backs we flew through everything. It was all going as planned, until I tripped and scrapped my knee against the concrete. With tears prickling in my eyes I couldn't drag myself up. "Stay here, I'll run back to school to get help," you said in a panic. From then on that would have been the best choice of action, but largely due to my reading 'Little Red Riding Hood' (that book is not for children) the night before, I was too scared to be left alone. Without hesitation you bent down, "Get on," you commanded with an unsual sense of authority in your voice. Although cautious at first I was not ready to be eaten by the Big Bad Wolf, and so I wrapped my arms around your neck and climbed on.

It wasn't a easy job, with your skinny  eight-year old stature. But you carried me all the way to school and then to the nurse's office. After that no one bullied us anymore. Instead the girls were envious that I had myvery own 'prince charming' and treated me like a princess. With the girls thinking of you as prince, none of the boys teased you too.

Just like that we became the two most popular kids in our class, and elementary school whizzed past. Then came the beginning of the puberty. That's a story for another time though.

 

I have to go feed that monster I call my little brother now. He's throwing a tantrum outside my door.

 

Missing you,

 

Jang Hyerin

 

-

It doesn't seem like I'm rushing the story does it? :(