Chapter 07: Force of Darkness

The Price to Pay

 

"It took you quite sometimes to come back"
 
"How would I know we have the 13th member!" snapped Chanyeol as he clenching his fists. "That , aargghh seriously! I could have won! How could I know nothing about it?! That Suho bastard! He always kept everything to himself!"
 
"Now you know you obstacle you should do better in the future" the coarse voice echoed the empty factory. "Now you only need to become stronger"
 
"And the power you offered me was no better!" bellowed Chanyeol. "I want more!"
 
"And we are offering you one now. Look on our right"
 
Chanyeol turned to his right side. All he can see was a wall soothed with black ashes as the result of the recent fire. However as he
watched closely, he realized they were a mural on the wall. Chanyeol walked towards it, trying to study the mural.
 
"Now Chanyeol, use your fire to burn the wall down"
 
Chanyeol obediently follow. He snapped his fingernand the wall soon caught on fire. The black ashes gone and the wall had become clean. The mural become visible; it has a design of massive clouds on the above with at the middle appeared a shape of cloudy finger pointing to the bottom. Chanyeol looked down and noticed a clump of black dirt at the bottom of the wall.
 
"Burn it as well!"
 
And Chanyeol did. Then a strong, bright ruby light illuminated the room. Chanyeol covered his eyes with his arm and the red light become brighter.
 
 

 

Jimin sleeping soundly. Kris gently carried her on his arms and placed her on his bed. He then headed to the living, joining the rest of the boys.
 
Lay is busy reading an old tome, hoping to discover another way to heal Suho and Jimin, with Baekhyun by his side, writing down several notes. D.O arrived from the kitchen and gave everyone a cup of tea. Xiumin and Chen immerse in discussion as well, and Kris noticed they were conversing in Korean instead of Mandarin. Luhan and Kai also seemed to do some studies as Kris noticed several old journals piled on the table with each of them studying each of the journal contents. Sehun then joined Luhan and Kai as well. Tao then walked towards Kris.
 
"Hyung. What should we do now? None of us could not find any resolution to this matter"
 
A cell phone ringing broke the room silence.
 
Kai turned red and giggled nervously as he took his cell phone out of his pocket. Giving a hand signal "One moment please" he left the living room.
 
 

 

 
Kai locked the door and lazily slammed himself on the bed. A voiced can be heard from the end of cell phone.
 
"You sounds exhausted. Am I bothering you?"
"Ah no Taemin. You're not. It just, err...well, so many things happend recently"
 
A laughter can be heard at the end of the cell phone. "Ah yea I remembered you mentioned something about having twelve housemates". Kai chuckled at Taemin's reasoning. It could be half true he thought to himself. "Anyway Taemin, what can I do for you?"
 
"Ah yea, do you know about an old abandoned factory?"
"There's a lot around here you know. Which one?"
"Opps my bad, the one near to your place I believe, the one being burnt down recently"
 
Ah, that one. Kai knows it well. Too well. "Yea what about it?"
 
"I'm doing some paranormal and supernatural research for my studies. So I thought you might some news, or rumors about that place. Especially how it mysteriously got burnt"
 
"Oh please Taemin, anyone can burn that factory"
"You didn't know Kai? The site of the factory's history?"
 
Kai raised his eyebrow. Now this caught his attention. Kai got himself up and sat on the bed, crouching forward as he become more curious. "What do you have?"
 
Kai can heard some flipping paper at the end of the cell phone. Then Taemin continued, "The site was rumored to be a burial place for the indigenous people. How far the truth is I can't tell, so I was hoping you can tell me". Kai got himself up and headed to the tale as he frantically search for a paper and pencil. "Go on. This is interesting"
 
"Well. Before the factory was build I was understood that the site had become a worshipping place. Not sure what kind of worshipping, but I heard it as black magic cult"
 
Kai noted everything down as Taemin continue with his story. "Then the factory was built, but it couldn't last long. Many sightseeing and haunting were reported. Then they were few deaths. The factory eventually shut down and had been remained abandoned ever since. Then I heard some rumors of the old cult members returned to the place. That is, until the recent fire"
 
Kai nearly jumped in excitement. This is indeed a discovery. He hoped with the new info he just gained he can discover the truth behind the enemy they're facing, and save Suho, Chanyeol and Jimin at the same time.
 
"Taemin thank you! You just saved us!"
"Huh? What? I just save you guys?"
 
Ooopps. Kai covered his mouth in panic. He giggled nervously. "Haha. I was joking. I mean you just shared something very interesting. I'll do some research on it and I'll let you know if I managed to find out anything"
 
"Ahhaaha Thanks Kai"
"When do you need the report anyway?
"As soon as possible"
"Roger that. Thanks again Taemin"
"No problem. I'll see you around"
 
The call ends. Kai lifted up his laptop lid and begin to surf. He glanced over the note he had just written down. Kai soon found something related to the factory and the sites where it stands. Indeed just like Taemin said, it used to be a burial site for the indigenous people.  But the stated indigenous people were those during ancient time, probably during Josean era, ot the recent ones like the American Red Indians. These indigenous people were famous for their shamanism and it was believed that royal family even hired them for their services.
 
But they're seemed peaceful people. But what comes next is a different story. The black magic cult. Around 60s a group of people believed the site to contained powerful energy and begin to use it as their worshipping place. It was rumored they did managed to find an ancient artifact.
 
An ancient artifact?!
 
Kai continued his reading. Despite the strong rumors, nobody managed to find the artifact, not even the police when they raided the site to capture the cult members. Some even believed the police actually took the artifact and hide it.
 
Kai studied the artifact description. It was a ruby pendant, held strongly with a black-colored skeleton fingers shape. Kai made a sketch based in the description. Kai believed he really just made a big discovery. He was about to tell the others when he had a second thought. Because so far everything just a deduction he might as well confirmed it himself first. With all the current mayhem the last thing he want to do is to cause more commotion among themselves.
 
Kai focused and his eyes soon begin to see the factory area. Empty. No souls is around the site. This is one of Kai's active skills, remote viewing. It is very important for Kai to know the area he wanted to teleport into which is why remote viewing is essential to him. Otherwise he could had teleport into oncoming vehicles or teleported to unwanted places, or worse into the crowd.
 
Now that he is sure nobody, or anything around the factory area, Kai teleported there. Kai standing at the front door inside the burnt factory. He looked at the same spot where they discovered Chanyeol's body. Kai felt sadden with that horrible memory.
 
Kai begin to walk around, studying his surrounding carefully. Hoping to find something that might related to the cult. He then saw a door slightly ajar opened. Kai gently push it open. Inside was a bit dark. Kai took put his cell phone and use its light to illuminated the room. Kai flashed it to the walls when he spotted one part of the wall to be clean. Too clean. As he reached closer he can see a mural on it. Kai looked down and saw a clump of dirt beneath it.
 
Kai search the clump of dirt and discovered a worn out wooden box. He opened the box. It's empty. Suddenly Kai heard a very familiar voice.
 
"Missed me?"
 
Kai turned. Standing behind him fifty meters away is Chanyeol. Grinning menacingly. Kai jumped back in fear. He then tried to teleport away.
 
Nothing happened.
 
Huh?
 
Kai focused again. Nothing happened. He could not teleported away. How come?! Kai become panicked. Then suddenly Kai felt sleepy. Very sleepy. As he struggled to open his eyes, he can sensed like a fog of darkness wrapping around his body.
 
No. No. No.
 
Kai lost his consciousness. Chanyeol approached unconscious Kai with a massive darkness cloud behind him.