Epilogue

The Price to Pay

"So what should we do with it?"

D.O looked at Kai, and then at the Lucifer’s Blood on the table.

 


 

Earlier after they reconciled with Chanyeol, D.O brought forth the Lucifer’s Blood he had picked up from the forest. “I could not simply leave this thing behind, it would be troublesome if anyone else found it and become possessed”

“Weren’t you trying to destroyed it back then?” wondered Baekhyun.

“Well I did” D.O placed the Lucifer’s Blood on the table. “But no matter how hard I tried, It would not destroy. I even had asked Luhan to destroy it with his telekinesis-and I think I nearly caused him to explode his head”. Luhan gave a sharp look, “There’s no need to remind me of that” he grumbled.

“Then what should we do?” Xiumin took the Lucifer’s Blood to have close examination. D.O instantly grabbed it back and placed in on the table. “It would be possible if everyone trying not to have any physical contact with it. We did not know how it can have influence on you”

D.O then looked at Suho and Chanyeol. “Especially you two, you two are tainted (a term for those who had came back from the dead, they were called The Tainted because they carried along the Darkness essence with them as the price for ‘cheating’ death) and you two are the ones with high risk of being corrupted again”

D.O left the boys for a moment and returned with an old journal and the Lucifer’s Blood container, the wooden box he had picked up from the factory. “I will find a way to seal the Lucifer’s Blood for good”

 


 

Back to present time, D.O, along with Kai spent together in D.O’s room as he tried to figure out a way to seal the Lucifer’s Blood. Then without saying a word, D.O placed the Lucifer's Blood into the its original wooden box. D.O flipped several pages of the old journal, before he finally halted to one specific page.

D.O begin to muttered several words that Kai could not make up what they are, but then Kai can hear what seems to be a locking sounds coming from the box.

"There. I think I managed to seal the box"

D.O picked up the wooden box and examined it closely. He evn gently shook it. He gave a satisfactory smile as he took the wooden box away from the table and place it safely on the library cupboard. He then turned to Kai.

"Till we really know what to do with it, nobody must know about it-and that's including your friend Taemin"

Kai sighed. He felt a bit guilty on this part; it was Taemin that help them to discover the Lucifer's Blood, regardless Kai obediently nodded. He was aware it will be hard to him to tell Taemin their discovery without revealing its true nature, or the Exo.

 




"Hey Taemin"

At the end of the phone a very familiar voice can be heard, "Yea?"

"Sorry about the research you've been asking me. I could not find out much"
"Ah hey! No worries! It wasn't urgent, and I mean you can take your time to find out about it-why call me back so soon?"
"I think I will be busy with my stuffs, so I don't think I can help you much in the future"
"Ah I see"
"Sorry ya Taemin"
"Hey not a problem. Ummmn hey Kai, it's been awhile since we hang up together"

There was a moment of silent. Kai sighed as he slowly smiled to himself again, "Yea....I've been quite busy lately...I heard you were also been quite busy, with that indie band of yours?"

A laughter can be heard at the end of the phone, "Yea, we are planning to go mainstream soon-you gotta buy our album once it out!"

"Of coz I will!" Came in the reply. "Oh Taemin, I gotta go now. We will hangout again someday ok? Maybe you can tell me more about artifact you been telling me. Honestly I’m curious what you got there"

"Sure no problem"
"Ok Taemin, bye, see you soon"
"Same to you. Bye then Kai"

Taemin hung up the phone. For a moment Taemin stared blankly outside the window, silently in deep thought, then slowly a mischievous smile emerged from Taemin's face.

"Whats with that smile?"

Taemin smiled cheekily as he looked over his shoulder to see his two hyungs, he then turned and athletically jumped over the sofa and proceed to cheerfully walked to Jonghyun and Minho.

"They have it"

"Oh?"

Minho doesn't seemed surprised, but Jonghyun gave an opposite reaction, "So they survived? Amazing. I was pretty sure they will fall for it"

"I told you we shouldn't underestimate them"

Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun turned to look at the direction of the voice; their leader Onew walked elegantly into the living room, with Key followed from behind.

Onew turned to Taemin and grinned.

A pair of black wings emerged from Onew's back, and while still looking at Taemin, a slay smile appeared on Onew’s face.

"I believe it's time to give your friends a visit"
 



To be continue in Exo: Lucifer........