Chapter 03: Dragon and Phoenix

The Price to Pay

 

"What Kris hyung is doing?"

 

 

Baekhyun begin to sweat. Kai suddenly teleported in front of them. “Everyone hold hard, we are going to get out from here". In the instant all four of them disappeared from the spot, only leaving behind trails of black smokes. Kai teleported them back to the rest of the boys, distance away from Chanyeol and Kris.

 

 

Lay stepped forward and begin to heal Suho. Suho coughed hard and eventually opened his eyes. Panicked Suho get himself up and saw Chanyeol and Kris fighting intensively.

 

 

Suho bit his lips. Kris! You shouldn’t get involved!

 

 

 

Chanyeol created a massive fireball and thrown it at Kris, Kris, caught off guard, could not avoid the fireball.

 

 

Then it appeared, a flame appeared before Kris and the Fire Dragon spirit emerged from it. Using its body, the dragon protected Kris from Chanyeol’s fire. It then went to attack Chanyeol.

 

 

Chanyeol summoned his phoenix to counter attack the dragon. The Phoenix and the Fire Dragon clashed, causing a massive explosion. Chanyeol and Kris, being the nearest were thrown away. Chanyeol get himself up, growling as he watched Kris getting up as well.

 

 

Chanyeol again summoned his phoenix and charged it towards Kris. The Fire Dragon reappeared before Kris and breath out fire. The phoenix struggled to move forward and eventually dispersed. Chanyeol did not give up, he summon his phoenix again. But this time he did not proceed to attack. The Phoenix and the Fire Dragon stand aside of their masters as Chanyeol and Kris remained idle.

 

 

Kris is unsure what to do. He recalled something Suho mentioned before; that all the guardians, apart of their active elemental powers, they also possessed passive skills. Unlike Chanyeol, whose summoning the phoenix is part of his active elemental power, Kris’s Fire Dragon is passive; and it only appear when it sense its master (Kris) is in great danger.

 

Because of this, Kris know ethe situation is worse than he expected.

 

 

Chanyeol knew he will never win against Kris’s Fire Dragon. Chanyeol growled. This is why he is very furious. But he still want to fight. There’s something he wanted to try. Chanyeol charge his phoenix towards Kris again, but this time followed by several massive fireballs.

 

 

The Fire Dragon spread its wings and activated a massive wall of fire. During the pandemonium, Chanyeol secretly waved his hands. Unnoticed to Kris, small sparks begin to form below Kris’s legs. The Fire Dragon suddenly jerked. As if its noticed something. The Fire Dragon let out massive fire to drive away the phoenix and hurried towards Kris.

 

 

As Chanyeol grabbed his fist, the Fire Dragon grabbed Kris away from the ground into the sky, and at the same moment a large fire spread from the ground. Kris was shocked. Completely shocked.

 

And so does the rest of the boys watched from far.

 

 

“Even Chanyeol come out new skill” commented Lay, with cols sweat dropping from his forehead.

 

Kai felt that Kris shouldn’t continue the fight and was planning to teleport to get Kris away when Suho grabbed his shoulder. “I know what you’re thinking Kai. But you cannot go, not now. It’s too dangerous!”

 

 

Kai bit his lips as he recalled his earlier attempt to save Suho. Suho can see Kai’s frustration. He is frustrated too. Being the leader, it’s obvious he had failed to control the situation. “We’ll wait till the right moment, then we all get out from here. Can you do that? With all eleven of us?”

 

 

Kai nooded. He had done it before. It’s rather hard, but not impossible.

 

 

Kris’s Fire Dragon disappeared into thin air. Although it meant to protect Kris, it could not stayed for too long, especially with the amount of power it had used up. Kris admit this is because he lack of  spiritual training to maintain the Fire Dragon for long. Somehow he’s a bit regret now.

 

 

“Why Kris? Why you?”

 

 

Kris did not like the sound of informality from Chanyeol. “Kris. Why the dragon? Why must you bee the dragon? The Fire Dragon? I’am the fire here!”

 

 

Kris was annoyed. Very annoyed. “You’re being childish here Chanyeol! Does that matter?! You’re the Phoenix, the one who raised from the ashes! It’s not something small!”

 

 

“Is easy for you to say!” retorted Chanyeol. “No matter what happened, the dragon will always be the superior! Whenever there’s the dragon, the phoenix is forgotten, all completely! People remember dragon more than the phoenix!”

 

 

Kris clenched his teeth. This is getting ridicules. “And Kris, Like Suho, you always get all the attention (refer to Exo Prelude - Episode 5: Fire). And I always at the corner, ignored, like a stone!”

 

 

Kris felt uneasy. And so does Suho, whom been listening from afar.

 

 

Chanyeol suddenly gave Kris a grim smile. “But that will change Kris. Once I have that Fire Dragon Spirit”.

Chanyeol suddenly dashed toward Kris, with flames emerge from his body. “Oh, and after that Kris, I will handle Suho. I will be the leader of Exo!”

 

Kris flied into the sky, avoiding Chanyeol at the last minute. Chanyeol jerked, and looked up. Growling.

“You’re no powerful Kris! You’re a coward! YOu don't even know how to fight! Youcan't even maintain the dragon! You did NOT deserved to have the Dragon! You don't deserverd! BUT I DO!

 

Chanyeol let out bigger flame.