Chapter 05: The Balancer

The Price to Pay

 

 

“Chanyeol” the mysterious girl begin. “I’ve been monitoring you for quite sometimes. And lately you’ve been out of my radar. It’s rather disturbing. I need to know what you’ve been up to lately”

 

 

Who….Who is this gir?. Kris is bewildered. And so does the rest of the boys.

 

 

“Who is she? How come she knew us, and have powers like us?” Kai feeling anxious.

 

 

“Jimin!”

 

 

The boys turned towards the voice. It’s Suho. Suho rushed to the front. “Jimin! Why?! Why are you here?!”. The girl, still staring at Chanyeol, “Forgive me Suho. I should had come sooner”.

 

 

“That’s NOT the point!” protested Suho. “But now that you’re here, that’s mean…”

 

 

“Yes Suho. Unfortunately everything is out of control already. How are you feeling anyway?”

 

 

Suho become silent, before he quietly answered, “I’m still fine”

 

 

“Good” The girl changed her posture. Now she looked more like she’s ready to attack Chanyeol. “Then that’s mean we still have time. We need to get Chanyeol’s back. Right now!”

 

 

Hearing this, Chanyeol let out another flame and throw a fireball towards the girl. The girl suddenly disappeared, leaving behind trails of smokes, almost similar to Kai when he’s teleporting, except her smokes are white instead of Kai’s black.

 

 

 

The boys were stunned. Indeed, who is this girl? Not only she knows them, she also exhibited all the Exo members’ abilities. They all turned towards Suho, wanting explanation. Kris joined them.

 

 

 

It’s rather obvious the boys wanted an answer. Suho begin, “Like us, she is also an Exo”. The boys were disbelieved. Suho continued, “Everything within the forces needs balancing. She is everything opposite of us. All twelve of us”. The boys become more puzzled. Suho not in the mood of explaining, not at times like this. But he added, “Honestly I don’t know much of her apart she is an Exo and her role as an Exo. Not even her real name. Jimin is her alias”

 

 

Suho’s body suddenly jerked. Suho bended as he his hold his chest. The boys rushed to his side.

 

 

“Suho hyung! Suho hyung! Are you alright?” worried Kai.

 

 

No. It can’t be. Suho begin to sweat. He raised his head and looked at the worried boys. “I’m fine”

 

 

Chanyeol got himself up. He wiped the blood from the cut of his lips. He used to get in a fight and received a cut at his lips. But the fight was with another boy, but now he get a cut from a girl. Chanyeol felt his dignity being brushed. Whoever you are, you will pay for this!

 

 

Chanyeol summoned his phoenix and charged towards Jimin. Jimin calmly raised a wall of water. The phoenix, though some part were distinguished, managed to break through the wall of water. Jimin however is nowhere to be seen. Jimin appeared behind Chanyeol and stomped on the ground, creating a massive hole. Chanyeol fell on it.

 

 

 A Chanyeol dangling at the edge of the cliff, Jimin squatted and offered her hand. “Chnayeol, get hold of yourself. It’s still not too late”. Chanyeol growled, “Never”. Jimin become furious, “You ask for it! If not because of the rule of the twelve forces I would had killed you now!”. Jimin then manipulate air within Chanyeol. Chanyeol can felt he is lacking of oxygen and feel disoriented. Chanyeol knew Jimin tried to knock him out. “I won’t let you!” screamed Chanyeol.

 

 

Chanyeol suddenly let out flame. Jimin backed off. Then as if he have flying ability, Chanyeol jumped himself out from the cliff. Jimin watched in horror as Chanyeol’s flame slowly tuned into complete black.

 

 

Suho suddenly collapsed on the ground as he clutched his chest in pain. Kai and Luhan rushed to his side, panicked as their see their leader writhed in pain. Chen turned to Chanyeol. Chen recalled  Jimin and Suho earlier conversation and felt Channyeol had something to do with Suho’s condition. Chen become furious. Clenching his teeth Chen charged toward Chanyeol.

 

 

“Whatever you’re doing now Chanyeol, stop it!!” yelled Chen as he thrown an electric force to Chanyeol. Chanyeol raised his hand and wall of fire defend him from Chen’s electricity. Chen touched the ground and generate electrify on it. Chen can see, though not clearly, behind the wall of fire, Chanyeol was electrocuted. Chen only charged small amount of electricity. It shouldn’t kill Chanyeol, but at least will put him out of cold.

 

 

But to Chen horror, as the wall of fire disappeared, Chanyeol did not lose conscious as he hoped, but instead Chanyeol still standing, holding his body as he growled in pain. Chanyeol stared at Chen, and as he clenched his teeth, Chanyeol thrown several fireballs at Chen. Chen avoided them and counter attacked Chanyeol with several electricity force balls.

 

 

Meanwhile Jimin instantly understand the situation and panicked. The disarray of the twelve forces had finally taken toll on Suho. If this continue, Suho will most likely die.

 

 

Jimin turned back to her left side. Chanyeol and Kris still in fierce fight. Every time Chen evade Chanyeol's attacks the more furious Chanyeol become. Now without Suho, the water element to stop them, the fight might turn into worse. One of them might die. And so does Suho.

 

 

"Lay!"

 

 

Lay tuned to Jimin. He rushed to Suho's side. Lay tried to ease Suho's pain but find it rather difficult and Suho's pain doesn't seems to go away. Baekhyun backup by charging more light energy to Lay. Luhan begin to sob as he sees Suho writhing in pain.

 

 

jimin realized she doesn’t have much time. Being the balancer, she knows it now up to her to balance the twelve elements when Suho could no longer do it himself. Jimin waited anxiously for the opportunity to jump in. When Chanyeol blasted Chen away, Jimin dashed in and placed her hand inches away in front of Chanyeol’s face.

 

 

“By the name of all the twelve elements, thy summon the space, bend to my will!”

 

 

Nothing happened. Jimin was horrified. Chanyeol immediately counter attack Jimin by blasting her away with his fire. Jimin was thrown away. Chanyeol thrown a fire ball toward her when Luhan telekinetically destroyed it. Chanyeol turned his focus on Luhan.

 

 

Panting, Jimin get on her knees. Why? Then it hit her; the Darkness had completely taken over Chanyeol, now Chanyeol and his fire element had become corrupted, thus detached from the Exo. The twelve elements not longer united and become disarray, and it’s taking toll on Suho.

 

 

And with Chanyeol no longer one with Exo, Jimin’s power is rather useless against Chanyeol, he will counter attack easily. She might be able to use her power if Chanyeol is caught off guard. But with the current situation, she cannot see any opening for now.

 

 

Jimin felt helpless.

 

 

And she knows Suho's life is at her hand.

 

 

Something is wrong.

 

 

Very wrong.

 

 

"Suho!!"

 

 

Jimin turned. Suho had lost consciousness. Cold sweat dripping from her forehead. It's now or never! thought Jimin. The fight must end now!

 

 

Jimin concentrate. A large ball of water appeared on her palm. She hurled it towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol was caught in surprised and get splashed. His fire was extinguished. Angrily Chanyeol tried to activate new fire, but this is when he suddenly felt short of breath. He was then lifted up in the sky where he continued to struggle to breath.

 

 

Jimin then noticed Sehun, the Wind element. Like the wind, Sehun is calm and peaceful, but at times, he can be very violent. Sehun can manipulate and create wind, as well as tornados. And now as Jimin feared, he is using his most offensive and dreadful skill that she detest the most, taking all air out from living things; and he's doing that on Chanyeol right now, with Luhan at his back helping him, telekinetically holding up Chanyeol.

 

 

"Sehun!  Luhan! Stop!"

 

 

But Sehun, now driven by anger with Chanyeol ignored Jimin. Luhan is unsure what to do.

 

 

"Sehun! Luhan! I SAY STOP!! You're going to kill Chanyeol! And Suho as well!!"

 

 

Sehun and Luhan were stunned. "What??!"

 

 

Jimin noticed the other members also give same reaction. Jimin eventually remembered that apart of her or Suho, nobody else actually aware the concept of the leader of the elements.

 

 

Chanyeol fell on the ground. Gasping hard on air. She gave Sehun a very hard stare and clenched his teeth hard. Jimin realized Chanyeol is off guard- and his still wet.

 

 

“Xiumin! Freeze his hands and feet! Now!!”

 

 

Chanyeol tried to create another flame to dry himself but this time Xiumin is faster. Chanyeol’s hands and feet are frozen and Chanyeol required more time to melt them. Jimin used the opportunity and rushed toward Chanyeol. Before Chanyeol could react, Jimin placed her index finger on his forehead.

 

 

“By the name of all the twelve elements, thy summon the space, bend to my will!”

 

 

Instantly  Chanyeol disappeared, while the rest found themselves back to their house, which Suho into his bedroom, specifically on his bed.