Chapter 11: Prelude to Conclusion

The Price to Pay

Jimin watched in horror as Chanyeol using his demonic powers to drain Xiumin and Luhan's life and powers. She knew by now she needed to take Suho away for safety and come back immediately to rescue Xiumin and Luhan.

However as she tried to teleport she realized she is unable to. Kai make teleportation seems easy but the truth is, almost like Tao's time manipulation, teleportation skill used the most energy and mental focus, and with Jimin's weak condition, it's impossible for her to accomplish that right now.

Jimin tried telepathically to contact the rest of the boys; they had been too long, and she needed them now desperately. To Jimin horror she could not even sensed them. She realized she had no choice but to face off Chanyeol, buying time until the rest of the boys is back. Jimin rushed to the corridor, when she suddenly noticed droplets of water on the floor.

Then within a blink of an eye, the droplets gathered around her and a sphere of water surrounded her. "What?!" Jimin turned to her back. Suho is standing at the room door.

"Suho let me out!!"

Suho shook his head and he snapped his fingers; water instantly filled inside the sphere.

"Suho no!!"

Jimin tried to telekinetically break the water sphere but she is to weak to do that either. Eventually Jimin can felt she is losing air and her head become heavy. She closed her eyes and everything went black.

Suho snapped his fingers again and the water sphere broke. Jimin fell into the wet floor. Suho placed his two fingers on Jimin's neck; she still breathing. Suho let out sigh of relief, and carried her on his arms to his bedroom, gently laid her on his bed. Suho gently caress Jimin's wet hair and whispered gently to her ear, "You could not even fight against me how am I supposed to let you face Chanyeol? Sleep well, my little angel". Suho gave Jimin a gentle kiss on the forehead before he headed outside to face Chanyeol.

 



"Finally! The man I want! Not those pesky followers of yours"
"This need to end now Chanyeol. Me is you wanted, let go of others"
"Fine!"

Chanyeol let go of Xiumin and Luhan. Suho watched in distressed as the two boys fell on the ground and remained motionlessly.

"Don't you worry they still alive" assured Chanyeol. "I would had killed them if you didn't come sooner"

Suho watched his two hyungs laying emotionlessly on the floor, his heart sank seeing them, battered and bruised, and he knows all because of him.

Chanyeol ignited fire on his right hand, grinning menacingly to Suho, "Are you ready Suho?"

"I'm not fighting"
"Huh?!"

Right now Suho is very weak, but despite that he managed watched his puzzled dongsae with a stern, serious look,  shadowing his weak condition. He continued, "I will give myself in without a fight. But, with one condition"

Chanyeol set off his fire. "What is it?"

Suho become more serious. "You will leave the others alone"

Chanyeol laughed, his demonic voice echoing the empty forest. Chanyeol slowly walking towards Suho, snickering, but Suho did not falter and remained standing still. "I will not touch the others, all I wanted is only you Suho"

Suho had expected that answer from Chanyeol, but he felt restless to give out the second condition, "When I said others, that's including Kris"

Chanyeol's snickering stopped abruptly, what was a face of mockery now changed into serious looking. Chanyeol paused his steps as Suho gave him a strong stare.

"And I mean it!"

Suho begin to concentrate water into his both hands, creating water balls. He wanted Chanyeol to know he meant his word; thus pressuring Chanyeol into agreement thought he knew Chanyeol will most likely will not fulfill that particular condition.

Upon seeing Suho's fighting preparation stance, Chanyeol burst into laughter. "Do you think you can really fight me now Suho? With that condition of yours right now?"

"I will give a fight for the sake of our comrades-regardless my condition"

Chanyeol appeared amused. "Fine. I'll accept your conditions. Now, will you give up yourself to me?"

Suho changed his position into more relaxing stance, he lowered his hands and the balls of water burst, fell on the ground.

"That's more like it" snickered Chanyeol as he continued to approach Suho. Suho stand firmly on the ground as Chanyeol finally standing right in front of him, towering the leader. Chanyeol then placed his right palm near to Suho's forehead, and the ruby on Chanyeol's hand emitted a bright red light.

 




Brilliant white light radiated the empty factory, leaving no single area covered with darkness. The darkness cloud halted its movement as Baekhyun's lights become brighter.

Sehun and Tao still remained unconscious, Kris stayed closed to them, guarding them from the Darkness Cloud.

"There's nothing for me to heal them. They are not injured, just exhausted". Kris looked at Lay as the latter removed his palms from the two unconscious boys. "They need Baekhyun, not me"

Suddenly the two boys were surprised by a strong flickering lights. Chen unleashed his lighting  waves as he tried to drive the darkness cloud further away from the rest of the boys. Beakhyun followed Chen closely behind.

"We had left the rest for too long" Kris turned to Kai, who is standing close to him. "We need to get back now! EVERYONE GATHER HERE NOW!!"

Everyone rushed to Kris, while Chen stayed behind to prevent the Darkness Cloud from advancing. Kris carried Tao on his arm while D.O carried Sehun on his shoulder. "Is everyone is here?" Everyone nodded as they all grabbed each other hand.. "Chen!! Hurry!! We all ready!!"

Chen gave one strong lighting blast to the darkness cloud, then dashed towards to join the rest of the boys. Lay and Baekhyun released each other hand and reached out to Chen. As soon as he reached their hands, Kris shouted all his lung out, "NOW!!"

Instantly Kai teleported everyone from the area and back to the front house yard. With Tao still Kris's arm, Kris looked around to make sure everyone is back with him. Tao, Sehun, D.O, Chen, Lay, Baekhyun, Kai. Kris let out sighed if relief, but just as he's about to entered their house, he heard Baekhyun's panic voice.

"Xiumin hyung! Luhan huyng!!"

Kris instantly turned, and to his horror he saw Luhan and Xiumin, battered and bruises, laying unconscious on the ground. Only then he saw the area surrounding, everywhere traces of fire and some trees crashed on the ground can be seen; Kris finally realized Chanyeol had been here.

"Get them inside now!!"

Chen carried Luhan's delicate body on his shoulder while Kai and Baekhyun helped each other carrying Xiumin. As they rushed inside Kris placed Tao on the sofa and rushed to the second floor.

Suho! No Suho! Please no!

Kris heart thumping hard as every steps he made on each steps he felt like it took forever for him to reach the second floor. As he reach the corridor he saw trails of water leading to Suho's room.

Oh god no!

He reached to Suho's room but much to his surprised he found Jimin instead, soaking wet, and laying unconscious on Suho's bed.

"Jimin! Jimin!" Kris gently, but sternly shook Jimin, but Jimin did not wake up, no matter how hard Kris trying to. "Jimin! Jimin! What happened?!"

Still no reaction. Kris carried Jimin on his arms and carried her to the living room, joining with the other boys. He can see the shock expression from the rest of the boys, Lay instantly took control of the situation. "Placed here with others! I'm going to do mass healing! Baekhyun! I need you as well! Tao and Sehun, and probably Xiumin, Luhan and Jimin all had lost their 'life essence'! Their need your light!"

Baekhyun obediently rushed to Lay's side as Lay closed his eyes and spread his hands around the five unconscious people. Then slowly, faint mixture of golden and white light emitted from Lay's hands, spreading around Tao, Sehun, Xiumin, Luhan and Jimin.

"I've never seen this one" whispered Chen to D.O, "Is he been training as well lately?"
"We never seen Lay did mass healing before" D.O whispered his reply. "So I could not tell"

But Kris was not interested with trivial details. He more worried of his dongsaes, and much more, he could not find Suho, neither Chanyeol. He knew the other five need to get back to their senses; if Chanyeol, or worse, the darkness cloud came back, their number are too small to fight back.

Lay's expression begin to exhibit strain from his energy use. Baekhyun was about to activate his lights when Lay interrupted him. "Not now Baekhyun! Save them for the rest!"

The faint light from Lay's hand become brighter and brighter. Then in one go the whole room filled with one bright white light for few seconds before it slowly fading away. Chen, D.O, Kai, Baekhyun and Kris closed their eyes with their hands as they become disoriented by the sudden burst of bright light.

Lay however did not have time to apologize. He noticed the cuts and bruises from Xiumin and Luhan had gone but none of them woke up, and so does Tao, Sehun and Jimin. Lay placed his palms closer to them, cold sweat slowly rolled down on his face.

"As I suspected, they're losing their 'life essence'... Baekhyun! Your light! Now!!"

Baekhyun removed his hand from his eyes and while still disoriented, Baekhyun struggled to get closer to Lay as he could not walk straight. Baekhyun placed his palms above the five people.

"Ok guys, better close your eyes. This one going to be brighter" warned Baekhyun.

The rest of the boys placed their hands on their eyes as Baekhyun made a countdown.

"3,2,1!"

Another brilliant bright light filled the room. As Baekhyun begin to manipulate his surrounding energy, can feel the 'emptiness' within the five people, their body had become an empty shell, though they're still alive, all of them had lost their energy, as if their spiritual energy had been spirited away, exactly like Lay's description of them losing their 'life essence'.

Baekhyun knew he had to fill up their lost energy with his light. As Baekhyun focused, he can slowly felt their energy being filled up. Sehun begin to move and murmured in gibberish.

A bit more thought Baekhyun.

Then Baekhyun deactivated his lights and on his knees, panting. Kai and D.O reached for Baekhyun, carried him to sofa.

Then slowly, Sehun opened his eyes.

"Sehun!" exclaimed Chen happily. Then he noticed Xiumin, followed by Tao, then Luhan, and finally Jimin slowly gained their consciousness.

Still disoriented, Jimin sat with her her arms on her knees, she then slowly placed her two hands on her head, covering half of her face. "Ugghhh my head........Suho....where is Suho.....?"

Kris reached to Jimin, grabbing her two shoulders by surprised, stunned the disoriented girl. "I'm the one who supposed to be asking you that! Where's Suho? What had happened?!"

Jimin was too disoriented to answer and ended looking at Kris with a confuse expression. Luhan eventually gained his composure and speak out.

"Chanyeol was here"

Kris gave Luhan an obviously expression look. Luhan continued, but this time his voice become shaky as he recalled his earlier encounter with the demonic Chanyeol, "But he's not exactly Chanyeol, I mean, he doesn't like Chanyeol at all. He's like somebody else. He's like being possessed. He looked completely demonic"

Kai stepped in, "Possessed you said?". Luhan nodded. Kai's voice also become shaky recalled his incident as well, with his right hand holding his chest, he tried to remained his composure. "Earlier....something happened as well. While I've persuading Chanyeol to come back, I think....honestly I think, for moment I saw Chanyeol crying, I can see fear on his face...and for a moment I swear I can hear him murmured 'Help me' to me. Then suddenly his eyes turned golden and he snapped"

Out of sudden Kris left Jimin and grabbed Kai on his shoulder. "Why didn't you tell us this before?!"

Kai stammered, "I'm....sorry....I'm sorry.....I was too....I had forgotten about it for a moment..."

Kris slowly released Kai's shoulder. It's not his fault Kris calmed himself down. It was traumatizing for him. It was still lucky he is still alive.

"That ruby on his hand"

Everyone turned to Xiumin as he broke the silence. "Ruby you said?" D.O raised his eyebrow. Xiumin nodded. "There's this ruby, it seems like that's his source of demonic powers..."

D.O took out the old journal and quickly flipped it over. He then showed a page of the an ancient artifact to Xiumin, pointing to sketch of the necklace. "Is it something like is?"

"Yea but minus the skull"
"Then he just wearing the ruby?"

Xiumin shook his head, "No"

"There where he had it?"

"It was embedded on his right hand" interrupted Luhan. Open hearing it D.O gulped the lump on his throat. This is worse than I thought.

"Suho!" Kris suddenly raised his voice. "Most important thing! Where is Suho?! Please don't tell me Chanyeol...!"

"Chanyeol must had him"

The boys turned to Jimin as she finally spoke. Still sitting on the floor, Jimin silently weeping. "Chanyeol must had him. I've been trying to sense Suho, but I couldn't. Chanyeol must had him. I tried to stop Chanyeol, but Suho....he...."

Jimin could not continue her words as her weeping become a cry. She placed her head oh her two knees as she tried to prevent the boys seeing her crying. Tao finally got himself up and knee beside Jimin. "Jimin-sshi, it's not your fault. I know it's not your fault. Suho hyung had always been like that. He cared others so much"

Jimin raised her head and looked gently at Tao. Again it's Tao who comfort her. Contrarily to his frightening look, Jimin felt Tao is the most sensitive and emotional one.

"I feared the worst" Jimin begin to tremble. "I no longer felt exhausted. I no longer holding the fire power. Without the complete twelve elements exist, Suho could be in great danger right now"

"Suho hyung could be anywhere" sighed Kai. "But there's must been somewhere significant. I mean, if he really wanted to kill Suho, he could had done it here, why took him away?"

Then suddenly everyone starting to look at each other.

Of course!


 


 


Suho slowly opened his tired eyes. The chilling cold air and the smell of the dry leaves greeted him in the darkness. He spoke out quietly, his eyes looking around the unfamiliar forest surrounding.

"Where?"

Suho tried to move, only to finally realized his two hands were shackled. He finally gripped the reality; he is tied to an old, dead tree, in the middle of the forest. Below the tree Suho can see a small altar, with a small shrine made of skull and skeletons, while the tree surrounding are barren, with some skeletons placed few meters away, creating some sort of a protection fence around the tree.

Suho struggled to free himself from the shackles that holding his two hands.

Then there was a crunching on the dead leaves in the darkness and footsteps crept stealthily towards him. The dark shadow become closer, growing larger.

Suho can see Chanyeol mockingly smirking to him