Chapter 02: Water and Phoenix

The Price to Pay

 

It seems there's been a match without me"

 

"Chanyeol hyung! shouted Kai with excitement. "Where have you been hyung?! You just missed an awesome match! You should had seen Suho's new skill! It...!"

 

Chanyeol gently, but forcefully pushed Kai away, "There's something else I'm intrested with". He walked past confused Kai and towards the crowd. Glancing sharply at Suho, Chanyeol begin, "You know Suho hyung, of all the twelve elements between the twelve brothers..."

 

Everyone remained silent. Somehow there's something wrong in the air. Everyone felt nervous. Chanyeol continue, "....it is often said that fire is the ultimate element". Suho squinted his eyes, as if he knows what will come out next. Chanyeol glanced to others, "So it left me wonders. Why would the water guardian be the leader"

 

Suho sighed. No, not this again he thought (refer to Exo: Prelude - it's still wip btw). "Chanyeol" Suho stepped forward. "It is not the power that matters, it is what we are. And I wouldn't question the oracles, they must know what's the best for everyone".

 

Chanyeol snapped, "For someone who was chosen, how would you understand how it's feel!". Suho is taken aback, and so does others. What is wrong with Chanyeol? everyone wonders. Suddenly they realized fire started to form in Chanyeol's right palm. Chanyeol stared at Suho, "Shall we go for a match?"

 

Suddenly Chanyeol thrown a fireball towards Suho and the boys. Suho instantly created a wall of water, shielding him and the boys from the fire. Suho become angry. "If you're targeting me I'm fine, but do not involve others!"

 

Chanyeol somehow seems to ignore Suho. He thrown another fireball. This time Suho hurled a wave a water to the fireball and dashed toward Chanyeol. Kris was shocked "Suho!!"

 

"Stay back!" Shouted Suho. "This is between me and Chanyeol!". Yes this is between me and Chanyeol. Not because I'm the leader thought Suho. This is have something to do before. Something they need to settle. "Chanyeol! I hope this time I can wake you up!". Suho created a large wave of water and thrown them at high speed towards Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol dashed aside but still got himself hit by the wave. He was thrown back. Suho slowly walked towards Chanyeol. "Chanyeol...", Suho's voice now calm and gentle again. "I'm not sure what had taken you earlier, but let's forget the whole thing". Suho offered his hand.

 

Chanyeol slapped Suho's hand. "Stop acting kind Suho!" growled Chanyeol. "It would not change anything!!"

 

Chanyeol suddenly surrounded by fire. Suho backed up. The rest of the boys become panic as they see a flame of phoenix form emerge from Chanyeol.

 

Lay is disbelief. "No way...!"

 

Kris hurled towards Suho and Chanyeol, hoping to grab Suho out from the place. What he didn't realised Kai had teleported first to grab Suho. As Kai teleported himself between Suho and Chanyeol and tried to grab Suho, Chanyeol let out larger flame, shocked Kai. Chanyeol then charged the phoenix towards Kai. Suho dashed to the front, created a large wall of water and shoved Kai out of the way at the same time.

 

Kai was thrown back but was grabbed by Kris. Kris then tried to grab Suho as well but the sudden charge of flame stopped his track. They they saw what happened; the phoenix proved to be strong and Suho was thrown back as well.

 

Suho waved his, and like he did to Kris earlier, he created a sphere of water and trapped Chanyeol inside.

 

The rest of the boys cheered. "Way to go Suho!!" Xiumin excitedly cheered. Xiumin wondered, "Should I freeze him as well?" he chuckled.

 

But their celebration cut short. The water sphere suddenly burst, revealing a larger phoenix form flame. However, the flame is rather odd; along with its fiery yellow and orange color, they noticed the flame are in black tint as well. Kris stared at the fire suspiciously.

 

Chanyeol doesn't look like him at all. He appeared as if he was possessed. Suho begin to sweat. Suho turned to Kai and ordered, "Kai! Get everyone out from here!"

 

"But Suho hyung!"

 

"That's an order!"

 

Kai knows Suho very well. Despite being the leader, Suho don't actually order around. He does give words of encouragement, held up meetings and arrange some of their household with D.O; but never actually ordering around. It has always been Kai who enjoys bossing around. Kai knows things had gone serious. Way serious.

 

Chanyeol then proceed to charge the phoenix again to Suho. Knowing the wall of water will not stop the flame, he created the sphere of water again, but this time, surrounded him instead. The phoenix engulfed the water sphere but as times goes by the phoenix slowly vaporized little by little.

 

The boys were worried but believed Suho will be fine, and Kai, despite the order given, still had done nothing. He knows the rest are like him, they refuse to abandoned their leader. Not at times like this.

 

Sehun suddenly realized something. Horrified he ran towards the water sphere and created strong wind to drive away the fire.

 

"Sehun! Why?!" Luhan dashed to join Sehun, followed by Baekhyun.

 

The water sphere burst and Suho fell on the ground, panting. Luhan and Baekhyun were shocked. Baekhyun was puzzled. "What.....what's going on here?". Sehun looked at his confused hyungs. "The phoenix, it

surrounded the sphere, must had turned the water into steam. I believe Suho hyung must have tried to control the water temperature but...." Sehun turned to look at Chanyeol, who is still engulf in flames. "...something is definitely wrong here. Something is really wrong with Chanyeol"

 

Suho coughed hard. He is half conscious. "We need to get him out from here!" urged Luhan.

 

"CHANYEOL!!!"

 

The boys turned towards the voice. Standing in front of Chanyeol is Kris. "I know my Dragon spirit is bothering you as well"

 

Kris let our his Fire Dragon Spirit

 

"Come take me!"