Cliché || Part Nine

Cliché

Byun Baekhyun can’t deny the sole fact that he’s irritated and rather disappointed. The morning greetings from the chirping birds failed to cheer him up. He didn’t look that bright anymore, he revert back to his usual self – a man who hates his life and his family. He failed to be thankful for the bright and nice day. He failed to begin his morning with a smile. He keeps thinking about Jieun, how she easily rejected his offer.

He can’t help but think negatively about it. He can’t bring the light upon his mind to flicker something rather positive. He can’t sleep the whole night thanks to it, he keeps thinking about her reason; why she has chosen to turn him down. He was being blunt at the time, mustering all of his courage to ask her out. He called it a date rather than a hang out like usual yet she rejected him. Why is that?

It made him anxious, the thought that she didn’t like him. No, she probably likes him, but maybe she didn’t love him. Maybe that’s why she smiled a lot around him but refuses to go on a date with him. Maybe he’s just a friend, despite the flowers he has given to her, despite the days they spent together. She only considers him as a friend, nothing more and she has chosen to stay that way.

Yet the more he thinks about it, his head turned even messier. Did she have someone else? The horrible thought passes his mind and it terrifies him. It’s isn’t impossible, instead it is very possible. Maybe she loves someone, a hidden loves she hide inside her heart, or maybe that unknown lucky man could have been her boyfriend. She’s beautiful and charming; she spreads her never-ending charms everywhere, it’s impossible to say no man has ever been interested in her. He believes lots of man is attracted to her.

“What’s wrong with your frown?” Sehun asked irritatingly.

“Yeah, I heard you met a girl and turn brighter.” Kai murmurs.

“Did she dump him? Or maybe… she turns him down!” D.O. exclaim innocently.

“Oh shut up! You’re making it worse.” Chanyeol said, smacking D.O’s head.

“Anyway, I’m so curious. Who is she? How is she? What is she?!” Suho asked, being very curious about the woman.

“True. I badly wanted to know. Tell us about her!” Sehun pleaded with his puppy eyes.

“I bet she’s beautiful and extra charming. I wonder what she had used to charm you. You know, you’re not an easy boy. You even turned down our beautiful Suzy! How could you do that?!” Chanyeol pouted.

“How much charming is she? Tell us her name! Her charms! Her looks!” Suho shook Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Well…” Baekhyun started with another frown, he didn’t really want to talk about her, considering how she turned down his offer the other day.

His thoughts were flying around, floating in the air, as the EXO continues to ask him countless questions. He was undeniably irritated but the more he thinks about her charms, he can’t help but smile. If a person ever asked him why he loved her, he won’t be able to answer it. He just loved her, everything about her. He can’t help but like her more and more everyday and he truly can’t stay angry at her. She’s too precious to him; he can’t help but love her. His anger faded away, as his thoughts dissolved.

“Her name is Lee Ji Eun.” Baekhyun smiled, his frowns turned to a man-crazily-in-love smile.

***

Byun Baekhyun remembered every single details about their first met and their story. There hasn’t been a day where he forgot their moments nor did he ever stop thinking about her. He always spent those nights thinking about her or at least dreaming about her. She brought changes upon him, her charms, her beauty; everything about her is just so perfect.

She seems invisible to the world, but to him, she shines the brightest among them all. She was just being simple and very down to earth; wearing flower patterned dress, with no makeup, and by just being herself. The way she sits, it was very feminine and sweet. She was very attracted to book; he loves how she drowns herself to it while constantly tugging her hair behind her ear.

Her name was Lee Ji Eun, he swears his heart starts to skip beautiful beats the first time he heard her name. It was beautiful and simple; it keeps ringing inside his ear, day and night. It fits her perfectly and he loves how beautiful her name sounded. Her voice was everything he ever wanted to listen to, the way she sing was amazingly nice and soothing. It brought peace upon his heart, helping him to wash away all of his worries and anxiety. Her scent, it felt his lungs and it felt very nice, peach. It’s soft just like how she is.

He remembered how she blushes upon their first conversation, how her rosy pink cheek made him blushes even more. She looked so beautiful. She was shy and rather quiet, but sometimes she could turn bright. She knows when to stay silence and when to talk; she’s rather mature despite her appearance. She didn’t attend college yet she knows much more things compared to most of them. It amazes him. She spent her days at the library and she’d always wait for him.

She’s warm, Baekhyun remember the first time their skin comes in contact. It was a windy autumn day, cold and chilly. She’s very warm, even to her fingertips and the size of her petite hand fits his perfectly. He liked it or rather he should say he loved it, the feeling it creates. Another thing that amazes him was her smile. She smiles brightly and softly, when she smiles, all of her smiles. He could swear he could see her face smiling as one, her eyes, her lips, her heart, when she smiles, all of her smile. It’s his sunshine, her smile is, it cheers him up.

Her cooking tasted perfect, it was very homemade and each time his mom is away, her dishes made him feel nostalgic. She was very caring and patient too. But… isn’t she too perfect? Sometimes he was scared by the fact that she’s too perfect. He couldn’t spot a single flaw inside her. He believes every single human being will have a flaw, yet none could be spotted inside her. It scared him, wondering if he would be compatible enough for her. He fears he’d only brought pain upon her. But then, he found her flaw, her darker side. It made him feel safe, he feel useful and he could finally had a goal – a goal to make her happy, erasing all of her pain. That’s why even her darker side is a charm to him. He loves her, her bright side, and her darker side. He truly loves her.

***

“Isn’t she just perfect?” Baekhyun ended his story.

“Well… I don’t think so.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “Suzy is better.”

“Just think about it! She’s a beautiful woman with countless charm. She’s a caring one and a great cook. She’s very patient and she could sing beautifully. She loves book, always tugging her hair behind her ear. She eats happily. She has beautiful smile, she could be quiet at times but also bright and cheerful. How perfect could a woman be?” Baekhyun smiles turn even wider.

“She sounded perfect.” Suho sighs, with his gaze as if he wanted to make that kind of woman his.

“Hyung, why don’t we stalk them?” Kai has given his splendid idea, earning a nod from all of the member with a mischievous grin, while Baekhyun is lost in his la la land.

***

Baekhyun can’t believe it, when his eyes once again catch the shining figure, the perfect figure she had. He could only see her petite back; she was looking up to the sky, anxiously waiting for someone. He’s quite confidence the man she’s waiting for is him; maybe it’ll always be him. She didn’t make him breakfast nor did she prepare his lunch, but here she is, waiting for her man. Baekhyun just smiled, as his anger has long disappeared.

With gentle and enjoyable steps, he approaches her. He didn’t bring flowers or presents for her, he only brings himself. He didn’t have time to prepare her presents, she suddenly appear in front of him. It made him very happy. He wanted to be blunt this time, rather than tapping her shoulder or calling out her name, he has chosen to give a surprise. If she’s going to hate it, that’s fine. If that ever happen, he won’t be appearing in front of her ever again.

He hugs her from the back, giving her a back hug. She was surprised and startled; she flinches and even loses her balance for a few second. He rested his chin on her shoulder, exhaling his tired breath, sighing. He smiles and calls out her name, he can’t see her face but it made him feel secure. She’s warm, very warm, and her scent is very nice. She didn’t smell of perfume, but her natural scent just smell nice.

“I never know you’d come, Jieun.” Baekhyun murmurs with his husky voice.

He flutter both of his eyes open, he could catches a glimpse of her facial features. She was smiling, her pink lips curl up to a beautiful smile, and her cheek turn slightly pink. His heart was beating so fast, he’s sure she could feel it. For once, he wanted to feel her heartbeat but failed, his own was too loud and fast. It embarrasses him. But he’s contented; he’s happy to the fact that she liked his back hug and didn’t struggle free. Her eyes were warm and it seems to be in peace after his hugs.

His smile turn even wider, he might have turned over-confidence, but well there’s nothing wrong about being positive. He saw her holding a bouquet of white flower, he’s unsure of what it is. His vision was kind of blurry; his eyes were buried beneath her silky almond-brown hair. He could almost guarantee the fact that the flower would be dedicated to him. Maybe it’s a payback or maybe she’s sorry for what happen, or maybe she wanted to say something. He didn’t want to think about it, he’s simply happy.

“Mmmm… Baekhyun…” she struggles free, “this is for you.” She handed him the bouquet of flower, looking down with her slightly pink cheek.

Baekhyun chuckled, he found her very cute. “Thank you. Jasmine, huh? This is pretty.”

Jieun smiles ever wider, “I’m sorry about yesterday, although I can’t promise I could go on dates during night.”

“Well, that’s fine. It’s only selfish of me, forcing you to go on a date with me, especially during night.”

“Be… because I can’t go on dates with you… at night…. And yesterday is a mess up. I wanted to… go on a date with you.” Jieun stutters, fidgeting her fingers.

She had just asked him out for a date! Baekhyun swear he could’ve run around and scream like a mad man if it’s not his conscious that held him back. It would be very embarrassing yet right now, he’s very happy. He wouldn’t miss this for the world, when the girl of his dreams has just asked him out and even bring him flowers. He knows how timid and shy she is, it must have cost her lots of courage and true feelings to ask him out.

“It’ll be my pleasure! I won’t miss it for the world!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

It was surprising, how she tug his shirt before he could take another step forward. She shyly looked down, avoiding his gaze. She can’t help but turn redder, as she musters up more and more courage. She was being blunt today, something she won’t be able to do the next time they met, and she hopes he’d do the same. She wanted to sort her feelings and admit the truth, whether it will be sweet or bitter.

She links their pinkie together and walked next to him. Baekhyun could only smile with satisfaction; he was in his dream land. He could feel his heart beating so loud and fast, he could feel butterfly in her stomach, and the beautiful beats his heart creates rather than skipped. He soon slipped his fingers between hers and holds her hand tight. Her hand is warm.

They went on a date together, smile plastered all over their face. A new step forward and love is truly in the air this winter.

***

She was surprised when he suddenly hugs her but his embrace felt safe and warm, it made her feel secure. She had already mustered up all of her courage today, to face him and to ask him out for a date. It isn’t something she’d have done in thousands year, but today she’d make an exemption. If she’ll disappear tomorrow, she won’t have regret. If this turns about embarrassing, she’d still be thankful about it.

“Baekhyun… do you know what Jasmine flowers mean?” Jieun stutters.

“Mmm… I… do.” Baekhyun blushes madly.

“It’s sweet love. Purple lilacs meant the first emotion of first love and yellow chrysanthemum means precious.” Jieun explains.

Baekhyun blushes even more, “I thought you never know.”

“I even re-read the floriography for you.”

“Hey, Jieun,” Baekhyun turns serious, he gazes deeply to her eyes, “have you ever been in love?”

“I do,”

“Then… have you ever dated?”

“Yes.”

It broke him to million pieces, the fact that she’s his first but he isn’t her first. She has dated someone else before, even loved someone before. While he’s new to love, there’s nothing he knows about it. He acts based on his instincts and pure affection for her. He can’t acts as sweet as those guys who have dated countless girls. He wonders if he could’ve treated her better, he wonder if her ex-boyfriend treated her better than him.

“So… are you two still… dating?”

“No. We were in a quite serious relationship back then. I loved him a lot, with my whole heart and feelings, even my whole life. I’m ready to sacrifice everything for him. I know he felt the same way, I know it. He never told me but I just know it,” she smiled, recalling her sweet past, “He loves me so much, although he rarely told me. He has sacrificed lots of things for me, his image, his life, his time. He spent his whole life taking care of me, being by my side, protecting me. He’s there, whether I need him or not, his presence alone could make me feel very happy. My heart would suddenly go thumping. Yet for some reasons… we just can’t be together anymore. It’s not because we stop loving each other, it’s just… for some reason we can’t. If I could turn back time then maybe… I’d be dating him happily by now.”

She still loved him, he’s sure of it. She sounded very sad, the fact that the two of them have broken up. The man must have meant a lot to her. Baekhyun envies him, he was lucky enough to be her first love, the love she holds very dear. He wonder if she has moved on but he doubt she has. She was still being upset about it, and she said it herself, how she’d have turn back time to be with him.

“So… you do love him, don’t you?” He asked, only to receive a painful gaze from her, “I’m sorry, it’s too personal, isn’t it?” Baekhyun continued, mentally slapping himself for asking such a sensitive question.

“No, it’s fine. Do I love him? Sometimes I wonder… but I don’t think so. I bound to love him but somehow… it changes. I no longer love him as a boyfriend, as a lover. I love someone else, at least I think so. I think someone has replaced him inside my heart. I was impressed myself; I never think I could move on from that love.”

“Then, Jieun…” he holds both her hand tight, gazing sweetly and hopefully to her eyes, “Can I hope?”

“Yes.” She smiled and nodded.

The first snow falls.

“Woah, it’s the snow!”

“It’s so pretty!”

They looked up, enjoying the beautiful scenery as the snow falls and covers the ground. Their hands are link to each other and their heart has grown even closer. The cliché love story has finally begun.

***

5 handsome boys with that tall and well-built body, cool aura, and super stylish dress were standing in front of a huge mansion. It gives a luxurious and rather expensive aura, cozy and comfortable, but it failed to comfort the boys. They looked rather anxious and worried about something. They were sweating, cold sweats covered their forehead. They looked horrified and terrified regarding the matter.

They were very anxious and in a hurry. The five boys keep on taking turn, as they harshly pressing the bell door. It was very annoying yet none was daring enough to stop. They were as pale as ghost, no; it is as if they’ve seen a ghost floating around. They were getting goose bumps and their heart beats twice as fast. They were biting their lips to prevent themselves from screaming. And as soon as the door swung open…

“Mrs. Byun!” all of them exclaim.

They looked horrified; their eyes widens in shock and fear. They were very scared and desperate and it terrified the woman.


Author Note

Updated! Finally! I've been getting lots of inspiration after a short trip to put my mind in peace and having an enjoyable relaxing time! But because there's no internet and computer, the inspiration had almost gone wasted! Thankfully, I could scribble on a piece of paper, and there it is! I hope you like it. Comments and subscribe! Thank you!