Cliché || Part Two

Cliché

It was Friday, of a windy autumn day. The sun has risen, it rays pass through the transparent window glass of Byun Baekhyun’s room. The yellow-colored curtain turns out to be useless, as it has no use to prevent the sun rays of getting in. He should have used something with grey or black, yet his room will be too gloomy by then. It wasn’t a part of his habit, to be tossing and turning on the bed before waking up, he immediately flutter both of his eyes open and stood up. He has classes to attend, another long day.

The yellow-colored sunrays radiate brightly suddenly brought him back to the incident yesterday. His heart suddenly pumped up, as it beats in curiosity of excitement. He suddenly remembered the young lady figure, her beautiful petite self that he managed to capture the day before. The thought of her suddenly turned his mood upside down, as he rushes to prepare himself. He was unable to wait for the sunset, where he could finally know her. Or at least, he hopes he would be able to see her again.

It wasn’t once or twice, when he’s showered with compliments. People said that he’s handsome, cute, or either incredibly charming. Maybe that’s why girls keep on lingering around him, surrounding him, and slowly their acts has started to annoy him. Despite the compliments he had received, today he wanted to dress up nicely. He wanted to choose his own outfit – if it’s possible, he wanted it to be the best outfit. He wanted to look perfect, as he’s about to meet the young lady. He wanted to charm her, as how she has charmed him.

He has never been the typed to be caring enough about looks. He usually picked random outfit, and girls would still melts over him. He must be crazy, just because of one single young lady – a stranger to be clear – he suddenly wanted to dress up. A stranger he had yet to known, with only a temporal physical appearance that attracted him to her, he suddenly changes. He usually frowns every morning, knowing the boring classes he would have to attend, but now he’s excited to start his day. This must be love at first sight.

He stormed down stairs, rather than spending his time to have breakfast, he quickly stormed out of the house. He kissed his goodbye to his mom and cheerfully set off for college. As usual, his camera is something necessary to be carried everywhere, in case he found something inspirational and if he ever found that girl wandering around, he will make sure to take plenty of snapshots.

His mom was bewildered at first, seeing how cheerful her son has become. Baekhyun is known to be a nice man outside the house, he greets people nicely, he’s friendly and approachable, his smile seems to never fade away, but beneath it lays another side of the perfect Byun Baekhyun. He has a bad relationship with his family, especially his dad. He’s a grumpy man, when it comes to family. He often missed dinner and gathering, he often locked himself up, and he never talked during any events. He would stay silent, while putting on a fake smile once in a while.

“He’s unexpectedly in great mood.” She mutters, smiling after noticing her son excited acts.

“Who?” a younger girl appeared out of the blue.

“Your brother does.”

“I think it’s about time for him to fall in love.”

“Oh? Has he found a girl?”

“I don’t know, but maybe… it’s about time though.”

***

The warmth of the sunrays soon blended with the windy cold weather. It blended well, that it feels nice. It was warm because of the sunrays, yet cool and mild thanks to the wind. The sunray kissed the young man skin, as he took his way to the small shops at the end of the block. It wasn’t that far away from his house, exactly two blocks away. It barely took him 10 minutes to get there.

The sounds of chirping birds soon come in contact with the tingling sound of the bell, as the man stepped into the shops. It breaks the silence of morning, before everything turns busy once the clock strike 8. The peaceful sound broke the man lips to a smile, as the older man at the counter smiled even more. His hair was grey and his wrinkles are very visible, it won’t be weird if this age has reach 60. Baekhyun walked to the old man, as he casually greets him.

“Baekhyun! You’re early, boy!” the old man greeted, grinning at the boy presence.

“Good morning, Sir.”

“What brings you here? I know what that face means.”

“The usual one, please. But… make it better than usual, the colors, and the quality, the everything.”

“Hang on, boy. I’ll do my best, so stop requesting those. You know, I’ll always do my best for a boy like you.”

“Thank you, Sir.”

“Did you… meet a girl?”

Baekhyun was startled to hear the old man question. It was silence that filled the room, but rather than a thrilling one – like how it is at home – it is more likely to be a friendlier one, and cozy. There were no heather at that place, considering how small the shop is, but it feels warmer than home. Baekhyun usually run to the shops, when things got really bad at home, or when his father started to get on his nerves.

Baekhyun’s stunned face soon made the old man chuckled. He smile and patted Baekhyun’s back, as he took the camera away from him, followed by a small USB that Baekhyun’s handed him earlier. Baekhyun mind was somewhere else, thinking about the day before, when he’s desperate enough to capture the young lady perfect figure. The old man sudden question brought his brain back to the memories, his perfect memories about the young lady.

“It’s about time for you to meet one. I guess you do meet one, boys tend to make that expression once they fell in love.”

“I guess I do.”

“Who is she? I wish you a good fortune approaching woman, I guarantee you it won’t be easy at all.”

“Just some strangers I met when I tried to search for inspiration. I think I’ve captured enough of her, you could see her pictures there.” He pointed at his camera. “She seems very friendly and approachable, she’s very likeable. She’s simple yet I found her very charming.”

“You’re truly in love, young man. I think I should stop calling you a boy, considering how you have fallen in love.”

Baekhyun chuckled, as he took his seat next to the window. He inserted some coins to the coffee machine, drinking coffee as his breakfast. He wanted to enjoy the morning atmosphere, something he hadn’t done for years. Once in a while, he would break to a smile, sometimes to a wide big grin, and sometimes he would glance at the clock, wishing time would go faster. He can’t wait for the sun to set, for the clock to strike 4, and for college to end. He wanted to see her, again.

“Not a bad choice, young man. Rather than pretty, I think she’s quite charming, and her charms are beautiful.” The old man complimented.

“I think so. She just attracted me, suddenly, when I doubt I would likely to like someone.”

“Don’t forget to introduce her to me, once you two dated.”

Baekhyun blushes at the older man statement. It seems impossible, dating such a perfect person. The first time his eyes catch her, his brain could barely digested the fact such a perfect figure existed. She was too beautiful, too charming, to be real. He has yet to know her true colors, but he believes she’s a great one. If he could date someone like her – which hopefully is a yes – it will be a dream come true. But who knows? Maybe if he took simple steps, slow and steady one, he might be able to approach her, and slowly they might become close. Although it will be naïve thought, right now he believes, closeness will lead to a good friendship, and good friendship will lead to a relationship too.

***

If tons of girls usually melt over him and his appearance, you should double or even tripled the amount today. The fact that he dress up was surprising to everyone, even to the EXO themselves. Girls are melting and even running after him. His fan club member suddenly rises, in a blink of an eye. Girls from various ages, 8 to 30s, all are running after him. On his way to college, a little girl comes to ask him if he’s somewhat a prince from fairy tale. It was silly, but well, it’s the truth.

“Woah, you’ve changed Byun Baekhyun. Since when did you start to dress up?” Chanyeol teases.

“And what is that? Gel? Really Baekhyun, you wear something like gel?” D.O. shook his head in disbelief.

“I think you’re going to get a whole bunch of confession today. Just beware of rejection, girls.” Kai added.

“What’s wrong with dressing up? Don’t you guys do it all the time?”

“Oh, well, it’s us, not you Baekhyun. You never really care about your looks. And what’s with that creepy smile?” Suho rolled his eyes.

“What? I can’t smile?”

“No, no. But you usually have that frown on your face early in the morning, and you would whine all day long about your boring classes.”

“Oh my, don’t tell me….” Sehun suddenly had glimpse of light, reflected from his eyes.

“Don’t tell him what?” Chanyeol jumps in, excited to hear the surprising news.

“Don’t tell me you meet a girl!” Sehun clapped.

Baekhyun suddenly stood frozen and the EXO looks at him emptily, they’re gazing blankly at the man. The thought of Baekhyun meeting a girl and suddenly changed because of her was unbelievable and rather unrealistic. Baekhyun has never been interested in girls; he has yet to put interest in relationship. Sure, his heart would skip a beat for a second, when he saw a pretty girls passed by but soon he’ll forget about her. No woman has ever charmed him, no woman has ever interest him. He’s not easy at all, so for him to fall in love seems to be… quite impossible. The EXO soon break the silence with awkward yet hilarious laughs.

“It’s impossible, what have you been thinking about Sehun?” Kai laughs awkwardly, as his brain failed to accept the possibilities.

“Yeah, Baekhyun isn’t interested in woman. He always ignores Suzy, that beautiful lady, and also Jiyeon, that perfect woman. I wonder why I failed to get them.” Chanyeol remarks.

“Sehun, you should stop thinking about woman. Baekhyun isn’t interested in having relationships so… yeah.”

“I can’t even imagine having Baekhyun dating a girl and suddenly changed because of the girl. It would be… impossible and hilarious. I think I could throw up. Stop now! Stop! I’m feeling sick already.” D.O. rubs his stomach.

Rather than reacting to his friend’s weird fantasy – although it is the truth – Baekhyun decided to remain silent. Today, for the five times, he suddenly remembers her again. Her figure keeps coming to him, spinning inside his head. It should have driven him crazy, yet it feels too good. People might think he’s some kind of a freak, suddenly smiling and grinning. But well, he couldn’t care more about it; thinking about her has made him happy.

The EXO are in chaos, as their fantasy started to go wilder about Baekhyun being in a relationship. The man himself as refuses to give any words neither reaction for their weird fantasy. He stays silent, as the EXO suddenly forgets about him, the main topic itself. They’re too busy with their own weird fantasy; it keeps bringing Baekhyun back to her. In the midst of the chaos, his straight face once again broke to a smile.

The chaos soon died, as all eyes turned against the quiet Byun Baekhyun. Seeing the awkward smile, they all turned silent. They were stunned and bewildered, as they realize their one crazy fantasy might be true. His smile, that buddy smile looks like as if he’s… in love. D.O rubs his stomach, hoping it’s untrue, so he won’t have to throw up.

“Don’t tell me it’s real.” Chanyeol mutters.

And he nods.

***

The EXO had just finished bombarding him with questions. About who the girl is, what is she, when they meet, or how they could know each other. Baekhyun could only nods, as he can’t wait to meet her. Rather than paying attention during classes, he was drawing. He’s never been good at drawing, yet his finger keeps on trying hard to sketch his figure. Well, a boy had just grown up, as he encounters his first love.

Nothing could be better, rather than watching the sky to glow in the radiant colors of pink and orange, a combination of colors that blended well to paint the sky. It has a part of his daily life, capturing the beautiful features of the sky, yet today it feels special. The 4 o’clock sky has marked the end of his class. It is about time for him to pack and have his way to the park where he met her the day before.

And as expected, he received countless confession today. Yet his brain keeps on thinking about the girl to no end. Maybe this is what it feels like, to have love at first sight. It feels untrue and sounded rather scary. But he’s helpless; he didn’t have the strength to fight against the love. He hopelessly let himself to drown beneath the love, falling deeper and deeper. Soon, he might saw every girl as that young lady, and every color as the lovely pink.

His excited, yet chic and cool steps, he enjoyed his way to the park. As usual, he never forgot to grab his camera, as he wanted to capture more of her. Did the flower blooms better than yesterday? Did the sky get beautiful? Did the atmosphere get warmer? Did the weather turned enjoyable? Well, everything turns pretty today. His heart jumps, as he entered the park. His lips form a smile, and the glimpse of first love reflected from his brown orbs.

She’s there, the young lady is there.

 


Author Note

Hello, there! I'm here again, theadorable!

It's been a while since I updated this story, and unexpectedly I got too much ideas for a different story.

I hope I could update sooner than this, but I found my writer block getting worse.

I hope I could pleased you all with this chapter, and I will try to update the next chapter soon since I'm free nowadays.

Don't forget to leave comments and subscribe!

Thank you all!