Cliché || Part Seven

Cliché

Byun Baekhyun had no idea why his stomach can’t stop growling ever since morning. His mother went out earlier this morning, to settle some business while his father went abroad. It’s something to be thankful though, his father probably won’t be home for the next two to three months, something he loved the most. However, seeing how busy his mother turns out isn’t something he’s pleased with.

There’s no breakfast in the morning, only some burn toast his sister managed to make. Being a senior high student she is, it didn’t help her to excel in cooking. She isn’t the type of girl who would spend time in the kitchen cooking, baking, or anything like that. She doesn’t even know how to turn on the stove. Even describing it could make people know how bad she is at cooking; thank god some of them are still edible, followed by a sequence of stomachache 4 hours after consuming it.

Yet seeing food made his stomach growl. He isn’t the type to be that much obsessed with food, instead he rarely had the appetite to eat. There are times when he prefers to skip meals, thanks to his father presence and by time, meal isn’t something necessary for him to continue living on. A day or two without food is fine to him, but today, his stomach just won’t stop growling. Maybe, it’s because that girl would be waiting for him, making a home-made breakfast. The thought of it made his stomach hungry and his mouth can’t just wait to taste it.

“Thank god I won’t have to eat it for breakfast.” Baekhyun mumbles clear enough to be heard by his dear sister.

“Yah! Oppa, stop mocking me! Mom went early today and as if you can make a toast better than me.” She rolled her eyes.

“Who cares? I’ve got someone to cook for me today.”

“Woah…” she blinks her eyes multiple times, “do you really meet a girl?”

“What’s wrong with it?”

“No… it’s just… I thought you’re not interested in girls, so maybe you’re interested in boys.”

“Yah! I’m a man too!”

“I only said maybe.”

***

A simple argument in the morning tossed his house upside down. The kitchen turn to a pure mess, and the toast ended up in the dumpster. It can’t even be edible anymore, after being stepped on multiple times and also ended up burnt to pieces. The smell, he wanted to throw up when it struck his nose. Well, he spent another half an hour to clean up all the mess, or else dinner time would turn to a bigger mess.

However, if you think one simple argument could ruin this bright day, you’re wrong. That odd smile was plastered all over his face, grinning like an idiot, and his gaze was blank like a lost puppy. His stomach keeps on growling and his eyes keeps on seeing her figure. His steps turn light and enjoyable, as it had it way to college. He had cars, but well, it seems meeting her by walking would be way cooler for her. Well, she’s very simple.

Talking about her charms which is definitely simplicity, his eyes catches a simple figure and as always, dressed in a simple flower-pattern dress. It become her trademarks, flower-pattern dress, from black to white, red to blue, she had it all. She looked pretty good wearing those, country bumpkin, the way he loved it. He just loved it, the way she dress, her beauty, the way she smile. He can’t get enough of those.

She seems to be quite shy, bringing a box of lunch or maybe breakfast for him. She was waiting by the gates, searching for him. Sometime, she would lower her head, faint a beautiful smile, and with her cheek slightly turn pink with the thought of him eating her hand-made cooking. She wonders whether he would like it or not. She must have been waiting for a long time and by the look of it, she’s nervous. People just pass by her, not noticing her presence at all, and only one man could actually notices her pure beauty, Byun Baekhyun.

He smiled, wider, that it hurts his cheek a lot, after seeing her figure as he approaches her. Today again, he matches some shirt with cardigans, to impress her again. He loved it when she told him he looked nice, it made his heart jumps, and it felt good. He brought his hand to his head, fixing his hair, clothes, clearing his throat, trying some different greetings, before finally approaches her. Well, well, a man in loves.

“Good morning, Jieun-ssi.” He smiled.

Jieun was rather startled, cutely flinches, almost falling backward if it’s not Baekhyun who quickly put a hand on her back and helped her catches her balance again. She quickly holds on to him, who leans closer again her, and catches her balance back. She stood straightly, and as always, they are two shy young kids. Jieun blushes and looked away, although her lips were curling to a smile. Baekhyun, in the other hand, smirk and looked away, with ear heating up.

“Sorry. Good morning, Baekhyun-ssi.” Jieun smiled, her whole face smile, from her eyes, her expression, her tiny nose, her pink lips, her rosy cheek, it all smiled.

“Have you been waiting for long? Sorry, I’m a bit late. There’s something going on in my house so… well yeah.” Baekhyun scratches his head.

“No, maybe fifteen minutes. It’s not that long. Here…” she looked away and cutely blush. “I brought you some breakfast and dosirak for lunch.”

“Ummm… it smells nice and it’s still warm! I’ll enjoy it!”

“Okay then. See you in the evening, Baekhyun-ssi. I’ll be waiting and I promise I won’t be late!”

She ran, cutely and adorably, her short legs make it even cuter. She looked like ten years old, trying to catch some butterfly. She’s jumping around, running around. Baekhyun chuckled, watching her disappearing cutely. That girl is really something. His eyes soon darted to his dosirak and some toast for breakfast, he’s happy and more than contented. It’s been a long time since he’s being this much happy over food. Sometimes eating meals turn to something rather boring and upsetting, but today eating seems to be a fun thing to do.

***

“Woah, you have some delicious food there!” D.O exclaims, seeing Baekhyun’s dosirak.

Baekhyun could only smile, thinking she put quite some efforts to make it. Her toast is just great, better than his mom’s. But well, a mom is a mom, although she’s better, nothing could compare to his mom. He had just opened the dosirak box and now, she charms him again and again. He felt small, thinking that he had less charm compared to her. Will he be able to hold on to her like these days?

She’s a great cook, the smell was awesome. It made him drool over some food and his eyes just glisten like a hungry little puppy. Everything was arranged neatly, the colors are great, and the smell… it made him even hungrier. She shaped the rice – well he hopes it would be hearts – to a cute adorable camera. It made him happy, knowing she made it while thinking a lot about him, knowing she listens to everything he had ever said.

“I’m hungry, let’s just eat.” Baekhyun exclaimed, taking a huge spoon of it.

“Woah, it’s unusual of you! Since when did you get hungry?” Sehun raised an eyebrow.

“That’s true and where did you get that from? Definitely not home! Your sister is a horrible cook and your mom? You’re not a three years old, your mom won’t have time to make that food.” Suho looks at him enviously.

“I want some~. It looked nice and it smell nice~.” Chanyeol drools.

“It can’t be… it’s not from your fan girl right? I’m so envious.” Kai folded his arm.

“No, I always reject them, don’t I?” Baekhyun continued eating happily.

“Then… where did it come from?” D.O. wonder, his eyes looking up in the sky.

“Baekhyunnie~, don’t me such a meanie~, Chanyeollie want some~.” Chanyeol pouted, trying to steal some food only to be stopped by Baekhyun chopstick and earning a death glare from the boy.

“Omo, you’re so mean, Baekhyunnie~, Chanyeollie will cry~.” Chanyeol fake a tear.

“Yah, what are you? A three years old?” Kai flick his forehead.

“What’s wrong with it? I just wanted to eat.” Chanyeol pouted.

“Ei… don’t tell me it’s from…” Suho jumps, getting some freaking weird ideas.

“A GIRL?!?!” all of them exclaimed with huge eyes, wanting to jumps out of it socket, three of them stand and rest slam a table, Sehun shook his head in disbelief.

Chanyeol was the only one being ignorant, as Baekhyun happily chew on his food. Happy, Chanyeol managed to steal a food and without doubt it taste amazing. The taste just melt in his mouth, the delicious food made his yearns for more. But it soon ended with four of them slapping his head.

“Chanyeol spill it out! It’s from a girl!” Suho grumpily yelled at him.

“Wh- What?!” he choked.

“Byun Baekhyun, tell us, is it true?!” Kai confronts him.

And again, just like that day, he smiled, happily chewing on his food, while nodding his head several times. The EXO just yelled, freaking out, horrified as they ran around the college. They calm themselves, settling themselves as they sit back down. They just can’t believe it, Byun Baekhyun, you’re not having some kind of deathly virus right? Or are you having a fever? Byun Baekhyun falling in love… is the world going to turn upside down? Gosh, they just literally fainted.

***

Byun Baekhyun catches her figure again, waiting at the park where they first met. She wasn’t reading any book or singing songs, she was just sitting nicely, enjoying the scenery. Sometime, she would stand up and looked around, watching the butterflies, watching the flowers that blooms in mid-autumn. He had a bouquet of flowers with him, rather than bringing her something like red roses, he prefers bringing some purple lilacs. He took sometime going to the nearest flower shop, again just to surprise his girl.

There are reasons, why he prefers the purple lilacs rather than red roses. He wasn’t sure whether he’s in love or is it just some simple feeling of liking someone or purely attractions. He wasn’t sure either, about how she felt about him. Red roses would seems too much of a confession, he had yet to have the courage to confess and purple lilacs seems to fit her figure better and it means something he’s very sure of, the first emotion of love.

The calm color of purple lilacs fit her personality, her shy charms, and the shape of it fit her simplicity. It is the simplicity that forms an amazing beauty, as how purple lilacs are. Her soft and genuinely kind smile fit the tingling soft feeling purple lilacs create. Somehow looking at her and looking back at the purple lilacs, they both represent the same personality traits – the traits that could charm him, which is only owned by the one and only Lee Ji Eun. Lee Ji Eun is a book addict, she should know what it meant right away.

“Have you been waiting for long?” Baekhyun asked in husky voice, as he surprised her by handing the flower.

Jieun bravely took the flowers and smells it, it smell fresh, just like how she loved things. It has soft colors, something she loved. She loved bright colors like yellow, but there are times when she prefers soft colors like sky blue or something, and this man seems to know her better than anyone. Her cheek turns pink without her noticing, as her lips curl up to form another beautiful smile. She’s happy, indeed very contented with his surprising presents.

“Thank you, I love this.”

“Shall we take a walk? I think it would be boring, sitting here and just chatting around.”

“Sure, I’d love to.”

“Hey, and your food is great! I can’t believe you’re that good at cooking; it’s very delicious even better than my mom! The EXO are drooling over your cooking, I have to run away just to eat it.”

Jieun chuckled, blushing pink adorably. She was happy her cooking fit his taste more than anything else. She mouthed a thank you and gives him another round of beautiful smile. She darted her gaze to the purple lilacs. She loved it, it might not be her favorite, but still she loves flowers. It fit her look as a country bumpkin, how she loves nature a lot and to Byun Baekhyun it’s something good.

Her brain soon works out, remembering the book she used to read – the Language of Flower by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. She remembers how she loved that book a lot, how she can’t stop thinking of how beautiful flowers are and how they meant a lot. She thinks its romantic how one could communicate by flowers and ever since that, she keeps on studying on language of flower. Purple lilacs, she smiled knowing what it meant, the first emotion of love. Is he feeling that way? Is she feeling the same?

Baekhyun were keeping an eye on Jieun. They were walking side by side, she’s very close to him and he wanted to keep her close forever. Jieun was staring at the flowers, making Baekhyun blushed out of embarrassment and when her lips suddenly curl to a smile, he turn even redder. He knows she would found out what it meant and by then, he would have to wait. Love undergoes stages; he just wanted to take it slow, as this is the first time he ever felt this way. His cheek turns red as his lips form a smile. She knows it.

“What should we do? We’ve walk around here before.” Baekhyun started a conversation.

“I don’t know either. I haven’t gone out for so long.”

“I know, why don’t we look at some pictures? I’ve printed some photos; let’s see which one is better.” Baekhyun offered, wanting to spend more time with her.

“Where… are we going?”

“The same place as yesterday, the old man, you like that place, don’t you?”

Jieun smile, yesterday was nice, whether it’s a hang out or a date, she doesn’t care. Although she would be very pleased if it’s a date. She felt like a girl, actually a princess yesterday, being taken care by her prince. Not to forget, she felt home and she felt loved, something she’s been waiting for so long. But sure there are things that have been keeping her uncomfortable inside that place. Despite the fact that she and the old man goes along really well, she could smell something fishy and the old man too, could tell something is going on. They both know something the world doesn’t know.

“Sure.”

***

The old man wasn’t surprised at all, when he saw the two of them coming back to his place, despite the mysterious words of warning he had stated the other day. He welcomed them with warm greetings as the two politely greeted him. Baekhyun decided to take his prints out and of course he’s the only customer there. Some others… they have gone to other shops to have their photo printed.

The two took the seat next to the window, where the sun rays perfectly shone through the window, creating beautiful scenery. It’s nice, when the radiant orange color of evening sky could be clearly scene and a lovable warm greeted them. The street as always, filled with dried leaves, sweeping the road. It felt somehow melancholy yet with an amazing beauty. Jieun sighs, staring out of the window as Baekhyun ordered some tea for the two.

He took out some brown colored envelopes from his bags and handed it two Jieun. It’s the photos he had already printed out the other day but had yet to see them. He’s been quite busy lately, despite the fact that he had as much time to hang out with Jieun. Well, no matter how busy he is, he will always spare sometime to spent along with this girl.

“I took this a few weeks ago,” Baekhyun exclaimed, opening it without hesitation.

The two moved closer to each other, so close that they could feel each other breath against their skin. Rather than being a pair of shy lovebirds, yesterday has brought them even more closer. They weren’t blushing that much anymore, but still you could see the faint pinkish color on their cheek as they are still avoiding each other eyes. The old man just chuckled watching the two. Baekhyun bravely took out all of the photos and showed it to her.

He doesn’t exactly have a reason to love her, if the question pops up, he won’t have a single answer. Why did he even like her? He just found her charming; everything about her is just lovely. The way she talks even the way she laughs, and shyly looks away, the way she walks, he just loved it. He just love her, he doesn’t have a single reason to not love her. He just loved her for no reason, it’s a pure love.

Jieun eyes glisten, glimmering like a child excited to open presents on Christmas. She was excited to see his pictures, his photos. Her eyes were scanning through the photos one by one. It has a lot of variety, from simply scenery, or just the snow fall, the raindrops, the sun, or sometimes the stars in clear night sky; it could be some tall buildings and there are some people inside, a stranger that passed by, workers, business man, family, kids; there are cute pets too, the dogs, cats, and there are butterflies, bees; some are nature. She loved them.

She was impress by his works and somehow it felt better than some of the popular works. It had so much feeling, some are melancholic enough that she felt like crying, some are happy that it made her smile, some has the tingling feeling she loved; some are simply funny, random pictures, and there are some that made her thinks of the past and the future. The feeling was what impresses her the most. She could feel it all, how he felt when he captured those pictures.

“I thought I should show you these… you make my rice to a cute camera.”

Jieun smiled, pointing to each and every picture, telling him what she felt. She has a shy personality, honestly, yet she just wanted to convey all her feelings to him today, just for today, before she lost all of her courage. She expresses herself, how she felt about those pictures, how impressive they are, and how he impresses her. She blushes even stuttered each time she let those words slip her tongue yet it felt great, being able to convey things.

“You could take it, if you loved them.”

“Isn’t this little dog cute? He’s just adorable, his tail just waggle around, it looked like he’s smiling.”

“This is just so pretty! Where did you take this? The snow, it’s just so pretty, it looked like flowers.”

“The mountain, it felt so refreshing… and the waterfall, it makes me felt relax.”

“Baekhyun-ssi, this is just amazing!”

He was happy, seeing how he managed to impress her more and more every day. He was happy, seeing how excited she is to see his pictures. She smiled widely; it made his heart feel contented and peaceful. The evening just turns prettier and prettier. The old man chuckles watching the two get along well. However, in the corner of his eyes, you could see the pain and the anxiety of the white-haired man.

***

“This is all amazing! It’s very beautiful!”

Jieun continued to praise him, that it felt too good for him. His heart might explode anytime if it does continue any longer. They has gone through more than a thousand picture, seeing it together while chatting around about various think and stuff, enjoying a cup of tea in evening. The dusk was very nice that day, making the atmosphere better than ever.

Jieun extended her hand to take the last envelopes of pictures. She wanted to see more, she doesn’t seem to can get enough of it. However, she was soon stopped by Baekhyun, which made her pout adorably. She has a bright personality, but wasn’t the type to pout that much. Baekhyun could only giggle, seeing how adorably cute she is.

“Not that one please, it’s kinda… private.”

“Really? Can’t you pick some and let me see a bit of it?”

Baekhyun peeks inside only to come out with both of his cheek turning in red. It’s forbidden; he can’t let her see it. His heart has been jumping around ever since she tried to reach for it. It’s the only envelopes he can’t bear to let her see it. All of it, from A to Z, are the photos he secretly take, the pictures of her. It would be embarrassing if she ever see it.

“Come on, young man! You can’t hide secrets from your partner.” The old man teases.

“See?” Jieun pouted again.

“Okay, okay, but promise me… you won’t laugh or run away, you won’t be angry one you see it.”

The room turns silence and all he could ever hear was his nervous heartbeat. He handed it to her as she took it very slowly, making him nervous. He almost choked on his breath, by the sudden silence created. Compared to before, she just darted her eyes to each photos, scanning it, with her poker face. She wasn’t smiling at all and turns rather quiet. She didn’t let any words to slip , it made him felt wronged.

***

Lee Ji Eun was impressed, to see lots of her figure being taken by him. She has seen quite a lot yesterday, but she never imagines it would be to this extent. She can’t say a thing, nor could she smile, he just impresses her more and more. Rather than the happy feeling or the melancholic feeling shows in the pictures before, this one had a bit more familiar yet stranger feeling. It is strong enough that it tingle her from the inside, her heart just beat in a dangerous speed, and it seems butterflies started to fly around inside her stomach.

She knows what it is, the feeling of having first love. She was happy but too shy to show it, as her cheek finally heats up showing the tint pink color. Jieun looks at each and every picture one by one, taking a good look at everything. She never knows pictures could really describe a thousand words. She doesn’t know why but it feels like she could feel his feelings, feelings he had yet to convey to her. It made her happy, something unexpected.

“I look funny here, don’t I?” Jieun tried to break the atmosphere, pointing at one of the pictures.

“Mmm… really? I don’t think so.”

“Then what do I look like?”

“I think… you look beautiful, especially here.” He pointed to one of the pictures.

It was the day, when he first laid his eyes on her. It was that moment, when their eyes met through the camera. Jieun was busy reading the book while Baekhyun started becoming a creep and secretly taking pictures of her. And in that one picture was the first bloom of their love – when their eyes first met, when he looked through her, when she looked through him.

Jieun looked up and met his gaze, as always it is that gentle and warm gaze she always lingers for. He, too, looked up and met her gaze without any hesitation. They were locked at that moment, eyes to eyes, unable to look away. Their heartbeat accelerates and on that moment, he looked through her, how charming she is, and how perfect her features are. She looked through him, his never-ending charm, and how perfect he is. They could feel each other presence, smell each other scent, and hear each other heartbeat. And they smile.

The first blooms of the first emotion of FIRST LOVE.


*dosirak : in Japan, it's known as bento. It's very simillar to bento.

Author Note

Hello, there! I'm updating again! I hope you like it, well, I just did it for fun this time... I'm bored, so I think I'd just have some fun writing. Bear with the errors please! And see you next time. Don't forget to leave me comments and press the subsrcibe button!