Cliché || Part Six

Cliché

The tingling sound of the bell echoed, in the middle of the silence, as the rain pours in mid-autumn. It was freezing cold, the wind was indeed very strong and it was very cold. It bites her, to her flesh and bones, her petite body shivers as the two run to protect them from the rain. The tingling sounds of the bell once again echoed, filling the silence with its genuine warm and the peace that it brought upon the scary night. It feels warm and safe; the bell managed to make her feel secure.

It sounded like music to her – the music that would calm her through storms and blizzard, when her darker side suddenly engulfs her brighter side. It was comforting her, telling her everything would be alright. It once again rings – it made her smile – as the door was gently closed by the man beside her, Byun Baekhyun. She didn’t regret it at all, knowing him despite the fact that she had regretted knowing most of man.

Jieun was surprised when Baekhyun suddenly grab her by the wrist and pulled her along with him. It was something she won’t be pleased about, yet somehow knowing it’s him make her happy. She just followed her, with her short-legs, trying to keep up with him, as the two run along the street. It was dark, she shouldn’t hang out during night, especially when it had exceed 7, yet today she let it happen, just to be with him a bit longer.

She regretted one thing though, despite the overwhelming happiness on today hang out. She regretted opening up to him. She should’ve kept it all to herself, her darker side, keeping it hidden rather than exposing it to that extent. Maybe, she misses the word home for too much, that she suddenly gone out of the control. Yet his strong and gentle grip on her was convincing her, that things would be alright, that he will protect her.

She was surprised when the two of them arrived in the small shop, by the end of the small alley down the street. Most of the shops are closed, since it will soon be eight o’clock, when all of the shop will end its busy hour.  The shop, much to her surprised, was amazingly small. The door was extremely small; it would only fit one person at a time. Next to it was the counter, a small counter, with a few display placed on it. The shop provided a few seats and tables, some drinks, for customers to enjoy while waiting. Jieun could count exactly there are five seats inside, made of cheap wooden, with small chairs, and small tables.

It has no heater, when the weather turns worse, customers would definitely feel uncomfortable. Jieun could guess this isn’t a place where rich man like Byun Baekhyun would hang out during his free time. Rich people usually hangs out in malls, elite café, and expensive restaurants, not such a place. Everything here could barely fit the title adequate, yet this man seems to love this place a lot.

But it seems, a man like Baekhyun won’t judge a place by its physical traits, but by its special traits. Even Jieun, who had just put quite harsh critics toward the shop, had no choice but to admit this place indeed feel special. Despite it lacks of heater or even air conditioner, it feels warm and comfortable; rather than warm of being warmed by the heater, the warm feels lovely and refreshing. She had never felt such a thing before.

The place made her felt loved and comfortable, it made her feel warm and nice, it creates such a nice feeling that she had the urge to tear up. It feels like home, even more than what a home should have to be adequate. Even during winter, this place may be able to stay warm like this, the genuine warm that made her miss home. The place might be small, inadequate to be a shop or either a house, but it is adequate to be a home. Her lips suddenly curl up, forming a smile as her body adjusted to the warmth.

“Boy, we’re closing. Would you mind coming another day?” an old man suddenly popped up behind the counter.

Jieun, being the shy girl she is, was shocked by the sudden appearance and quickly tug Baekhyun’s shirt and hide behind him. Her hand was still intertwined with his warm big hand, comforting her. Baekhyun chuckled at her action, before slowly approaching the old man and whispering her that he’s indeed a kind man. She shall not be afraid of him, he said so. It might be impolite; suddenly being scared of someone for no reason, yet Jieun could smell something fishy about the old man.

“Old man, it’s me Baekhyun. Are you closing already? Could we just stay for another hour, until the rain stops?”

“Oh, it’s you, boy, Baekhyun boy. I thought you’re some other customer. Feel free to make yourself comfortable,” the old man laughs cozily, “Oh, you brought someone.”

Jieun figure catches his eyes, as their gaze met each other. Jieun shyly looked away, with the slight tint color of pink on her cheek. She nods, giving simple bow to the old man, as a sign of greetings. Baekhyun chuckled, once again, thinking how being shy is one of her most charming charms, as he introduced her to the old man.

“Oh, old man, it’s a friend of mine. Lee Ji Eun.” Baekhyun shyly called out her name.

“Oh, a girl, I see,” he chuckled, “you have made a move. As I thought, I should’ve started calling you a man. Welcome, young lady.”

Baekhyun shyly blushed and look away, he blushes cutely in pink. Jieun notices it, and it truly made her day. She chuckled, finding the cute side of him as an extremely adorable side. Slowly, she come out from her hiding place, taking a quick glance at the old man, gathering up the courage to introduce herself.

“Hello, I’m Lee Ji Eun.” She gave a genuine smile to the old man.

“Hello, feel free to call me old man, like that boy did.”

However, if Baekhyun hadn’t felt so much shy about the old man’s word than maybe he could’ve felt the chilly atmosphere that surround the place for a moment. There was a thrilling silence, for half a second, when Jieun decided to come out and meet the old man. It seems, it wasn’t only Jieun who had smell something fishy about the old man, but the old man too has find something fishy about the beautiful girl. But the two managed to cover it up, greeting each other in a pure genuine kind smile.

“Grandpa!” Jieun called out cheerfully, with smile plastered all over her face, “may I call you grandpa?”

The old man turns blank for a second, before welcoming his new nickname with a warm huge smile. “I love it, it’s an honor.”

“Grandpa!” she called out again.

***

Baekhyun was extremely happy, how he managed to cheer Jieun up by bringing her to this place. He knows this place isn’t actually adequate but to him, this place has something special that made this more than adequate and actually luxurious. It seems Jieun, too, has something special for this place. Again, he would have to thank destiny for being so kind, letting the two of them to meet each other and fitting each other perfectly. He wonders what kind of good deeds he had done in his previous life, to have such an amazing life.

Jieun smiled, that is everything he could ever wish for. Her genuine smile could cheer him up and seeing how she and the old man could actually go along made him happy. The old man is truly a kind person, despite his messy appearance and bald hair, not to mention his grey mustache that made him look somewhat less approachable. They look like a grandfather and a granddaughter, having the friendliest talk with each other after a long time being apart from each other. They looked really close.

Byun Baekhyun truly wants to eavesdrop the two, but it seems watching Jieun enjoying her conversation is more than enough. Is he seems like a creep? He keeps watching her from a far, suddenly smiling and grinning like an idiot, sometimes he would just burst laughing and giggling around. He hardly concentrates during classes, although thanks to her good luck charm, he could do well today. His friends think he’s weird and sometimes they told him that he looked like lost puppy. Well, who knows, he just can’t stop thinking about her.

“You two should sit there, I’ll prepare some hot tea for you.”

Jieun took a seat next to Baekhyun, smiling shyly. Baekhyun was busy with his camera, while slowly stealing a glance at Jieun once in a while. Jieun just smile, noticing how he kept on looking at her, as she blushed in embarrassment. He’s adorable, yet cool, and handsome; it made her heart skips a beat from time to time. Although she has doubt if its love, despite the beautiful beats her heart keeps having, her stomach has yet to feel those beautiful butterflies.

“So… do you like the place?” Baekhyun started a conversation.

Jieun nodded, eyes wandering around the place. “I love it.”

“Well, I always hang out here. It didn’t have the best facilities, no heater, no ac, nothing, just a few chairs and table. The drinks here aren’t that good either, it’s just felt nice. It felt like home here. Sorry I brought you to such a place.”

Jieun shook her head, and let out a happy sighs, “Nope, I love it. It felt warm, although there’s no heater. It felt safe and comfortable, it felt nice. It felt like I would be just fine, I would be loved here. It truly felt like home. I just want to stay here forever.”

“Really? I’m happy you felt that way. You know, it had one of the best printed photos! Well, maybe no, but it’s just nice. You know I loved photography, I just take pictures and printed it out here, and each time you could feel the feelings when the result comes out.”

“Photography? That’s an interesting one! Can I see?” Jieun jumps around, eager to see.

Baekhyun turn silence, as he realizes his camera is full of her pictures. It would be embarrassing, to let her see his camera. All she would ever found is her photos, photos he secretly took without her notice. His heartbeat suddenly rises twice, more than how it should’ve been, scared that she might see the pictures. Jieun was jumping around, eager to see his works, as if he’s someone famous enough to have such a fan. He was blushing, redder and redder.

“Umm… Jieun-ssi, I don’t think that’s a good ide…” he gasped, “aaa!”

In one swift movement, she turned from a shy person to a playful one. She quickly grab his camera and looked at his pictures. Despite her appearance as a country bumpkin, she seems to be quite talented with devices and stuff; she presses the button skillfully, going through the pictures before turning red out of the blue. Byun Baekhyun could feel the butterfly, flying beautifully inside his stomach, as he found her adorable and also embarrassed at his photos.

Jieun was red, cheek heating up out of the blue and she would have to bit her lips to prevent herself from smiling. Her lips was about to curl up, forming a beautiful smile. She had no idea how to deny the fact that she’s happy, how her figures are filling his camera. It was something taken without her notice and she’s happy because of it, despite the embarrassment it brought. She keeps blushing today, and her stomach felt like as if it is filled with butterflies. It has started the butterflies.

Baekhyun quickly took back his camera, turning it off. They avoid each other eyes, turning red, as the old man watches them. But it can’t be helped, how their lips suddenly curl to a smile, a satisfied one. Jieun liked the fact that Baekhyun can’t get enough of her, that he had his eyes on her and her only. Baekhyun likes it, how she smiled knowing the fact that he has come to like her even more.

***

“It seems the two of you will have to stay overnight today. The rain won’t be stopping soon.” The old man, whose name still unknown, offers a stay over.

“Really? As I thought, I should’ve driven the car today. Jieun can go home, then.”

“Although it’s a bad idea, considering there’s no bed here, only one downstairs, since I lived here… considering how Jieun is the only girl… well, we do not have any choice, do we?”

“I could sleep in the chair.”

“You’re not going to let the lady sleep standing, are you?”

“No, of course.”

“I’ll let the lady take the bed; you and I are going to take the couch downstairs. Let’s carry it up, so the lady could get her space.”

“Umm… I would just take the couch or chair.” Jieun smiled, “I think I’ll be fine. You should take the bed, grandpa, or else your back might get hurt.”

The old man eyed her for a few second; even Baekhyun blushed red with the thought of sharing the couch with her. Jieun let out another huge genuine smile, wider than before, to convince the old man to take the bed. She would feel bad, if he ever got hurt because of it, she will have to take responsible since it is her fault. He’s old enough; hurting his back would be easy.

“Okay then, you and the boy will take the couch. You won’t do anything to her, will you?”

Baekhyun blushed, it comes true. It had only come to him, in his dream, how she would sleep by his side, greeting him every morning. Well, guess he had gone a bit… too much. He blushed, turning redder than before as he nodded his head. Jieun looked away, embarrassed about sleeping next to him. As long as she knows, no girls look pretty while asleep. In the morning, her face would get swollen too.

Thankfully, the couch wasn’t that small, enough for four people to sleep together. With shy steps, the two walk to the couch, taking their seats way far from each other. The old man has gone missing, as he slept in the basement. Jieun was blushing red and Baekhyun could feel how his heart started to jump enormously as if it was about to explode anytime soon. It was warm but no matter how warm it is, you could still feel the slight chilly cold brought by the wind.

“Jieun-ssi, are you cold?”

“A- a – a bit, but… I… I think I… will be fine.” She was too shy to meet his eyes.

“Why don’t… you… use my cardigan?” Baekhyun, too, was too shy to meet her warm orbs, handing his cardigan while looking away.

“No, no, no. I’ll be fine. You should use it.”

“No, I don’t want you to get sick.”

“Then let’s… let’s just… sha… share it.” Her heart has started skipping beautiful beats as the word slip her tongue.

“Yea… sure… good… idea.”

It was a definite awkward, how the two slowly moved closer but avoiding each other eyes. Their presence made each other heart jumps wild, wanting to explode, butterflies flying inside their stomach, and cheek that can’t help but turn even redder. Their body heating up, even Baekhyun’s ear turns red. They come closer and closer, in the couch, until there is no distance separating the two. They could hear each other breath, feel each other warm, feel each other presence so closely and it was truly a very intimate moment. Baekhyun was scared if Jieun ever heard his loud heartbeat and Jieun too, felt the same about him. But both of them are too busy, listening to their own heartbeat.

Baekhyun, slowly wrapped her petite body with his cardigan. Come to think of it, it seems she had taken no notice of his cardigan. Well, although it is useful, he failed to achieve what he wanted. There was a bit disappointment but being this close to her is more than his dreams. Not in his wildest dream, he ever dreams of having her by his side, sleeping next to him, while sharing the same sheet. This is… dreams come true.

Jieun shyly cover herself with the cardigan and snuggles to find warmth. They’re very close and soon she passed out. She was too tired today; it’s been a while since she spent the whole day walking around, running around, while having a quite bad weather. Just like how petite she is, it isn’t something hard for her to get sick. But well, as if being sick is still possible for someone like her. She knocked out, sleeping on his shoulders, much to his surprised and pleasure.

Baekhyun was shocked, even flinch when he felt her head on his shoulder. She fell asleep, next to him, on his shoulder. He took a quick glance at her, before curling up another smile and stares at her features. She’s pretty, even in her sleep. Her gorgeous features, her simplicity, as always, is a charm no one could beat. Her low-bridge nose is something adorable; with her fair skin, pink lips… she looked peaceful.

“Baekhyun-ssi, I really like the way you dress today. It looked nice.” She murmurs before going back to sleep. It wasn’t exactly that clear, but clears enough for Baekhyun to hear.

Baekhyun smile even wider, with his cheek turning red again, satisfied with her compliments. He, too, soon knocked out and fell asleep on top of her head. They fall asleep, next to each other, without any distance to separate the two. They fall to the deep slumber, with each other loud heartbeat as the companion, followed by the sound of dripping raindrops.

***

“Good morning, having a nice sleep?” his morning was greeted by the old man and the smell of some burn toast.

“Good morning~,” he flutter his eyes open, only to close it back again. The sun has rises and all the sunrays are hurting his eyes.

“Searching for her? She had already left home, this morning, around 4.”

“Wh- what?”

“Yeah, she left. She told me she had something else to do.”

“Oh, yeah. What’s with the smell? It’s burn toast.”

“Ah, tell me how do I make a toast without burning it?”

“Using some kind of toaster I guess.”

“So you do not know.”

“See you later, old man! I’ll have to hurry back home, get change, and back to college!” Baekhyun cheerfully exited the place.

The tingling sound of the bell once again echoed, bringing the peace to a pure silence. It’s empty, only a lonely old man inside, busy preparing the toast. He soon walked away from the kitchen, after having quite a hard time making a single toast. He walked to the table, where the two kids hang out yesterday. A book was left behind, Someday I Died – the title wrote. He sighs and his gaze travel far to the door, where the young man had just left.

His weak legs brought him back to the counter, together with the book. He knows who the book belongs to, no other than that young lady. He has known something behind her, something only a few people could find out and it seems that boy had yet to find out. He took out a newspaper, a rather old and worn out.

September 5th, 2012

His gaze, once again travel far to the door, where the boy had just exited the place. His gaze turns from friendly and warm to a pitiful and rather sad, thinking about something else. He flipped the newspaper, finding for some news, despite the past written date.

“Destiny and fate can be kind, but you should never forget their true nature hidden beneath it – how they are truly brutal and cruel.”


Author Note

I do updated again! Yay! I updated! But as always, why do I keep feeling unsatisfied? I hope you're not, so why don't you try reading it and tell me what you think? I'll try to make it better the next time I upated, for the time being, enjoy! and please bear with the errors and draggy plot. My words... and some point... when I had perfectly design it.. it just stuck at some point that I can't type it out! That's all, I should stop being so whiny, anyway comments and subscribe!