Cliche || Part One

Cliché

Byun Baekhyun is another description for a perfect man. He’s not only born with handsome face, but also known as a polite and gentleman. It’s impossible for ladies not to fall for his charms. It wasn’t only his personalities and traits that manage to impress people, especially ladies; but also his family background. His family is well known for its high reputation and rich. They’re one of the richest people in Korea; it attracts girls, especially those who search for popularity.

He was born with a smart brain that works perfectly well with everything. His friends are something else; they’re groups of rich flower boys, born not with only look and manner, but also talents. They have their own talents, their own charms that send shiver down every ladies spine. EXO, they’re well known with the names, their perfection has caused people to call them superhuman who come from another planet. They’re simply too perfect, to be existing in reality.

He is attending one of Korea’s top universities. He’s one in the business and management department, while most of his friends are interested in arts and music. He always dresses up formally, looking cool but also friendly. He is known as the warmest among them all, who has always been smiling, with brown orbs that radiates in a friendly aura. It’s silly how he had refused to date any woman, although his parents have set him up with various women on blind dates.

He thinks he hasn’t reach that level yet. He doesn’t think love is something important. He has something more important to do, something that he loves the most- photography. He might be majoring in business and management, but his dream is something else. He has dreams, dreams that he wanted to reach before started to date woman and fell in love. Being rich, handsome, and popular has turned love to something rather complicated. There are those who are only chasing him for his wealth and popularity, and small portions of woman who are flirts. He didn’t think any women has truly loves him for real, that is why he’s waiting for the right woman.

Ladies have their own charms, it’s not only once or twice that he almost fell for a women. However, he refuses to accept the feelings and waits. His life is surrounded by woman, beautiful one. Yet no one has ever managed to captivate his eyes, to charm his heart, and to grasp his feelings. He’s waiting for the right women until fate let him have his true love. First love, he hasn’t even felt it yet.

It was autumn, the so-called romantic season. It was a beautiful day, when the sun has shine bright up in the sky, the wind that gently blows, and the scarlet leafs scattering on the ground beautifully. The trees has gone bald, since autumn will soon come to an end and winter will be greetings them soon.

It was around 4 o’clock, when the sky turned very beautiful. The scarlet leaf sweeps the empty street. Inside the park, the last red roses and spider lily blooms beautifully. Everything seems to be pretty, a combination of red, pink, scarlet, and brown. The sky, too, radiates in a beautiful orange, pinkish color. Baekhyun had just finished college, within a week winter break will start, and he can’t help but look forward to it. He may have been given with a brilliant brain but wasn’t born to use it for college. He wasn’t truly interested in entering college.

He jumps, by the fences of the university. It was quite high and dangerous but this young man has gotten used to it. Once or twice, when the subject was too boring, he would escape class by jumping the fences and ran away. He never forgets to take his camera with him, hunting for beautiful view to be captured by the lens of his camera. He has always captured something abstract, something full of filling- things like beautiful view or simply abstract paintings. He has never captured a figure, a human being, because no figures have ever impressed him. But today, the trivial things are about to changes.

The park, it was his favorite. It was high enough, to see the rest of Seoul. There, he would be able to see the traffics, the tall buildings, and the scarlet leaflets that sweep the ground. Dogs and cats play there, and butterflies could be found easily. The flower blooms during cold autumn day, when most of the trees have gone bold. It’s rare to find teens around his age there; it’s easier to find children playing around and the elder having an enjoyable time enjoying the dusk. They will sit, under the tree, on the old-looking bench that might break anytime.

The park that always amused him, suddenly turned amazingly prettier than usual. It always provides different view during each season, different view during each year. The cozy feelings suddenly touches his heart, he suddenly wanted to capture the children that ran around the parks with elderly enjoying a cup of tea, some of them are reading thick books, some others are reading the news paper, and some of them playing with the kids. The dogs that ran around the park and the cats that is too lazy to move. The beautiful butterflies hop from one flower to another. He suddenly wanted to capture it all, the beautiful features of the natures.

It didn’t take long, before he grabs his camera, highlighting the nature with its lens as he carefully search for the right angle. Just like most of the professional, it didn’t take long before he manages to find the right angle. When he finally found the right spot, it amuses him how pretty things could be capture by lens, prettier than how the eyes catch it. With a satisfied smile on his face, he clicked the button, capturing the picture.

He exhales deeply, satisfied with the pictures he had just taken. He eyes continue to wander around, searching for another abstracts things to capture. It’s about time, for him, to buy another photo album to collect all of his works. He has a huge shelf at home, collection of his works; it’s the works of wonders. It was a pity how his father strongly objects him to become a photographer and forces him to be a business man instead. They even had a huge fight before, but as a good child, Baekhyun decided to withdraw and followed his father order.

Ah, the trees were pretty. He quickly snap another shot, of the bald trees along the empty street with scarlet leafs underneath it. The houses along the street made the view seem even prettier. Satisfied, he searches for another thing to be captured by his camera. It catches him, other beautiful things that he can’t help but wanting to capture it all. Smiling widely, he hops from one place to another, capturing the beautiful scenery around the parks.

He sat not too far away from the park; it was too crowded there that he decided to sit somewhere else. He went through the pictures, smiling. His talents might have developed better, after some private self-taught. He captured the sky, right when an eagle pass by, crossing the sky while flopping it wings.

He turns his head, facing the park. It was that day, a minute on that beautiful day, the first time his heart ever sparks. A figure catches his eyes. It only took one minute when the world stops for a moment and freeze, for him and his heart to captivate by a figure. It only took a minute for his heart to sparks and enlighten, for him to fall head over heels.

He found himself, mesmerizing a figure of a young lady. She wore a flower-pattern dress that fall down to her knees. Her hair falls perfectly over her shoulder, her almond-colored, wavy, and silky hair that shine underneath the sun. Her nose was cute and tiny. Her warm eyes were glued to the thick book on her lap. Her tiny hands, her silky milky-white skin, and her cute fingers, she tugs a strand of her hair behind her ear as her eyes continued to scans the book. She must be a country bumpkin, judging from the way she dressed and acts.

She was different from other ladies he had ever known. She looks simple, nice, and kind, with an amazing simple beauty. She looks different from other ladies that were born with an extraordinary beauty, yet this young lady unique beauty manages to capture his eyes. Her simple features look refreshing and her faint smile looks calming. It was nice, watching her from a far, she looks sweet.

He was surrounded by woman, from the city-like young lady, Park Jiyeon to the gorgeous young lady Bae Suzy; The baby-faced Kim Taeyeon to every man ideal woman Im Yoona. But no one has ever captured his heart like this stranger does. It was a simple glance, barely taking a minute, for him falling head over heels for her, for his heart to sparks. She looks like an angel, as she flipped the pages of the thick book.

He can’t help it but smile, his heart keeps beating fast. The strangers, somehow she had perfection, the perfection that didn’t supposed to exist in the world. Her red lips seem kissable and her petite figure seems fragile; it attracted him even more. The way she flipped the pages gently and the way she sat on the bench, it was polite and nice. It attracted even more, minutes by minutes, he just spent his time watching her.

A true beauty, he wonders why he hasn’t found someone like her. It was love at first sight, something he had never believes before, yet suddenly he experienced it without the chance to turn back. A creepy smile- the smile of admiration and gaze of fascination, he watches her longer while enjoying the dusk. She looks like an angel, sent by heaven to fit the romantic-autumn day, to fill his hollow love life. Her appearance, it looked like a girl, who belongs to an autumn’s day.

It didn’t take long, before he lifted his camera and started to move. He was desperate to search the right angle, to capture every single features of her. He wanted to capture it, the lady beautiful features, her simple yet captivating features, her refreshing appearance. He wanted to capture it, yet none of the pictures manages to describe it. Desperate, he randomly took her pictures, taking her pictures sneakily, just like a stalker. He must have looked very creepy now, eyeing her while taking lots of pictures.

The 10th picture, he clicked the camera and captured her figure. He smiled, satisfied at the captured pictures. Well, it was quite satisfying compared to the others. He looked up, finding the sun was already half drowned beneath the horizon. He took a simple glance at the lady; she looks shining, even more than before. Having the urge to capture another picture of her figure, his feet took him somewhere, the place where he could capture all of her beauty. Click, the 11th picture.

She tugs another strand of hair behind her ear. She looked up and their eyes met, Baekhyun slowly put his camera away. She has warm eyes, the clear brown orbs that were very similar to his mother’s. It was very clear and warmth, she glows in a friendly and approachable vibe. He could see his own reflection inside her orbs, he could see her, and he could feel her. She is shy, judging from the way she smiled to him. A faint smile was curving her lips upward as she politely greeted Baekhyun with her charming smile.

Baekhyun suddenly pulled his camera and took other snapshots of her, right when she was still looking at him. He captured her, perfectly, when their eyes met. She smiled to him, before going back to read her books. She’s around his age for sure, maybe a year or two younger. Her refreshing appearance and shy personality, he finds it very charming. Satisfied, he keeps staring at the photo for a while.

He should greet her, politely. It will be awkward, if he suddenly ran way after clearly taking a picture of her. He wasn’t taught to be that much ignorant; he will have to be polite. He turns his head, wanting to search for the lady. He wanted to greet her; he wanted to know her better. However, when he turns around, she has already gone missing. She’s not there anymore. In one simple second, they met and when it ended, she disappears.

***

He went home with a huge smile on his face. He was excited, waiting for the next day. Would that girl still be there? He wanted to see her again; he wanted to capture her again with his camera. Or will they never met again? Today, it feels like a fate. How they suddenly met and how his heart suddenly sparks, it feels like miracle.

“Oh, Baekhyun, you’re home.” His mom greeted, as soon as she spotted her son entering the house.

“I’m back. Good evening, mom.”

“You’re late, as usual. You should hurry up and get ready, Dad is coming today. We are going to have a great dinner together.”

He smiled, bowing politely before rushing to his room. He throws his bag to his bed and quickly opens his camera, going through the pictures his had just taken. That young lady, who is she? What is her name? Where did she live? He wanted to know more about her. Tomorrow, will they be able to meet again? He wanted to see her, again.


Author's Note

Hello, dear my readers and subbies. It's theadorable here! This is my first attempt on writting something more likely to be fluff.

Fluff yet bittersweet, well, it won't be me if I don't write something with the sad theme slightly immerge inside.

This first chapter, I hope you guys will like it. Leave me comments and don't forget to subscribe.

The first chapter come together with the poster! I love the poster very much, thanks to Dimpled Unicorn Poster Shop!

That's all, I think I've talked too much. Thank you! Please look forward to the next updates!