Riding the Motorbike

CYOA

 

“Be careful, now,” Daehyun reminds you, holding your hand as you climb up to the back seat of Youngjae’s motorbike.

“Are we set?” Youngjae asks.

“Yep!” you reply with a smile.

“Don’t overdo it, dude,” Daehyun nudges Youngjae’s ribs, “She’s not one of those girls you like to flirt with, okay. She’s my little sister. If anything happens to Hyunae, I’ll kill you and your dog, even if you don’t have one.”

“Ouch! Chill, man! I’ll be careful!” Youngjae tries to reassure his friend before he starts the engine. And you’re off!

“Hey!!!” you can hear Daehyun yelling in a worried tone, and he goes out of earshot a few seconds later.

Youngjae and you immediately laughs together.

“So, Hyunae,” Youngjae says, eyes on the road, “What are you going to get for your brother’s upcoming birthday?”

“I’m not sure yet” you reply, “I don’t have much money at the moment but I’ll probably buy something this weekend”

“Really? You haven’t thought of anything? Why don’t we go together, then?”

You think about it for a while. You must’ve thought for quite a while because the next thing you know, Youngjae is hitting the brakes in front of the school gate. A few of your schoolmates glance at you and start whispering. You quickly get off from Youngjae’s bike.

“What’s this?”

You look up and see Yongguk songsaenim, standing outside the gate to take care of undiscipline students.

You know Yongguk from long ago. Yongguk is your and Daehyun’s cousin, but of course you keep it a secret here. He’s a new P.E. teacher in your school. He likes to keep opinions to himself, but he has an aura people couldn’t ignore.

A head pops out beside Yongguk’s. It’s Himchan songsaenim’s. You know him quite well too. The two of them are about the same age as your older sister, and the three of them had been the best of friends. Himchan enrolled as a teacher the same time as Yongguk, and he’s now your art teacher. He also tutors you piano on weekends.

“Hyung!” Youngjae greets Himchan and Yongguk with a smile. Of course, he’s close to Yongguk and Himchan too.

Himchan replies with a hostile “What are you doing here, you punk?”

“I’m just taking my sister to school,” Youngjae says defensively.

“Who are you calling your sister?” Himchan asks.

“Hey, guys, stop it,” Yongguk cuts them, and then turn to you, “Hyunae, you shouldn’t come to school this way, it could sprout rumors.”

“I’m sorry, songsaenim.” You look down.

“Well, whatever. She and I are going to hang out this weekend afterall,” Youngjae sneers at Himchan.

“Huh? What are you guys doing?”

“We’re going to buy gifts for Daehyun’s birthday.”

“What?” Himchan looks at you, “Why would you go with this rascal over here? If anything, you should go with me instead. I know Daehyun well too.”

Himchan and Youngjae look at you expectantly. Yongguk seems interested too, but he doesn’t say anything. Hanging out with a university student and hanging out with a teacher  could both be problematic, but they’re people you know since your childhood so there shouldn't be a problem.

 

So, Hyunae, who do you prefer to go with you this weekend?

[6] Youngjae oppa. At least you don’t have to deal with the school if anything happens.

[8] Himchan oppa. He’s older and has more authority than Youngjae anyway.