Study Date 2

CYOA

 

“Hey, Hyunae. What do you think?”

“H-huh?”

“My rap,” Junhong smirks, “It’s great, huh?”

You laugh and dramatically clap your hands to show your appreciation.

Junhong takes a bow. “Thank you, thank you, aww you’re making me blush,” he says, feigning bashfulness.

“I’m just being polite,” you remark.

“Hahaha no you don’t,” he shots back, “I don’t just rap in front of anyone, you know. You now have a reason to feel special.”

“Whatever you mean by--” you stop talking when Junhong slids down next to you.

“Hm?” he asks, his eyes twinkling at you, “by what?”

You feel the embarassment that had subdued just a few moments before creeping back. Your arms fall stiff. “No. Nothing. Never mind.”

“Are you sure?”

“I said it’s nothing, okay,” you say grimly, “Let’s just start studying now.” You pretend to reach for your textbooks when in truth you’re edging away from Junhong’s side.

Junhong seems to realize your discomfort. He smiles again, but you can see his lips twitch a little bit. “...O... kay,” 

Junhong reaches out for his textbooks as well and then the two of you set your books on the low table. You take your time sharpening your set of already-sharp pencils, and he takes his straightening the pile of books, staying silent all the while. You pray for something, anything, to come up. Be it Junhong’s sudden urge to show off his rapping skills again. Or an earthquake. Anything to conceal your embarassment.

You take a deep breath. “There,” you say as you put down the last pencil on the table, “We’re all set.”

“Not yet,” Junhong notes, “you haven’t gotten the refreshments set.” 

He reaches to the jug of water on your side of the table. Somehow in your eyes, his movement feels like slow motion, yet you can’t prevent his hand to brush against the arm you prop on the table. You automatically yank your arm away. When you realize your reflex, you look up and see Junhong’s hurt expression.

“Hyunae? Is there anything wrong?” he asks, “If my being here bothers you, I’ll leave.”

“No, that’s not it!” you reply quickly, “I.. I just don’t feel so well right now. I think I caught a draft. I... I’m dizzy.”

Junhong’s expression soften. Now he looks concerned, “I don’t think you should study if you don’t feel good. Let me feel your forehead.” Junhong inches forward, palm opened.

You back away. “It’s okay. I can still study.”

“Nonsense,” Junhong insists, “Your face is all red.” He keeps moving towards you, determined to take your temperature.

“Junhong!” you cry as you keep on backing away until your back bumped the edge of your bed. You have nowhere to go now, and Junhong’s right in front of you.

He presses his palm softly on your forehead, eyes looking straight at yours.

“Weird...” he mumbles as he puts his other palm on his forehead, “you’re not burning. But you’re all red...”

Of course my face is all red, you idiot, you scream inside your head. You stare back at Junhong’s eyes, just a few inches away from your own. His eyes are moving closer... And closer... Before you know it, Junhong’s forehead bumps yours. His eyes are now closed, and you hear him gulp. What--

“The hell is going on??!”

You quickly push Junhong, who opens his eyes in surprise, away, and turn to the bedroom door.

Daehyun is standing in front of the open door, grocery bags in hand. You see an expression you’ve never seen before.

 

Proceed to [...]

 

 

note: sorry for the cliches but I WANT YOU GUYS TO KISS SO BAD OMG WHAT'S GOING ON