How could I do that?

How Could I Do That?

~ Make sure to read the description of this story. There's the prologue. If you don't read it, I'm really sure you won't understand the story ;) ~

 

Donghae POV

Completely desperate, I sat on a park bench and cried. What had I done? I had the option to confess my love to Eunhyuk when he told me he was going to marry. I had the option to tell him, however I never did. I'm in love with him, yet I didn't tell him, not in front of his wedding guests, I couldn't...I shouldn't... still, I had to do it.

Actually, I wanted to keep my love a secret, forever, but as I saw him in front of the wedding altar, beside him as his groomsman, I couldn't stay silent. I couldn't watch how my one ture love marry another without any knowledge of my love for him. When the pastor asked the question, my fuses were blown. My mouth moved by himself and the words came automatic. I didn't want that. I didn't want to destroy the best day of my best friend. But it happened.

I remembered the scene which happend just a few hours ago. After my love confession Eunhyuk just stood there and gazed at me. It was quiet in the whole church. Everybody was shocked. Nobody displayed the courage to say something. Everybody waited for Eunhyuk's reaction. His soon-to-be-wife Hyoyeon reaction reduced to only a snivel, even eith that Eunhyuk gave no response. His gaze stayed on me, I stood there like a picture painted with misery. My constant crying and tears led my face to become nothing but a wet canvas, as if a bucket of water was thrown on me. Thousands of thoughts zipped trough my head. I was in fear. What would he do? Would he think I've made a bad joke and just laugh it off? Would he be angry and hit me? But Eunhyuk did something, no one had expected: He ran. The desperate Hyoyeon began to cry loudly as she watched her soon-to-be-husband leave the alter. She managed to shout a few words, letting him know that she will break up with him if he was to leave the church. But just two seconds later he had disappeared through the huge front door. The shock from the scene plugged my tears. Did he hear what she shouted? He must have heard it... right?

While some family members and friends ran to the now, completely resolved and broken down bride, the rest of the guests stared at me which I finally perceived, resulting in an immediate blush. Ashamed, I saw into the faces of the others. Some peoples eyes flashed angry at me, others just seemed to be shocked. However, som, I couldn't read their face.

I wished I could turn back time. I wasn't quiet sure whether it was at the point where I made my objection or when Eunhyuk met Hyoyeon. But suddenly, I realized that my love for him, soon resulting in messing up a great wedding, shock was what was now running through the streets of Seoul (or whatever). Remembering that he wasn't familiar with the streets, I ran to him, it was now or never, the only thing I could do was run. Run away from those people or to run to my love, that i didn't know.

 

Now, sitting here, 2am on a park bench, alone and crying. I couldn't find him. I feared that something had happened to him or he had done something bad to himsel, I could feel my fear grow with every second that passed. He wasn't in the five-star luxury hotel room they had booked close by the church to spend their first night as a married couple, but that in itself, wasn't particularly surprising.

He couldn't be at home because his car keys were in his jacket in a back room of the church. I knew that. Or by bus or train, he couldn't have come home either because the next rail station was too far away and the buses were on strike at the moment. It was too far away to go by feet. That meant Eunhyuk was in the middle of the night all alone in a huge city that he didn't know. Why did Hyoyeon have to live in Seoul, why did she  want to celebrate their wedding here? I felt anger well up inside of me. It's all her fault..

No, stop. What was I thinking? How could I give the guilt to her? It was clearly my fault. I felt self-hatred rising up in me. Why was I such an idiot? Such a darn, darn idiot..

Suddenly, my phone fetched me out of my mind. I had already called Eunhyuk about twenty times but he didn't answer the phone and hadn't answered my numerous SMS with Holla back. Something better wasn't going to occurr to me. I didn't know what to say to him, if I were to have found or reached him, although I had enough time to think about it. I also had pushed all incoming calls away and didn't read the SMS after I had seen that they were not from Hyukjae. Meanwhile a lot friends and family members of mine or Hyukkie had tried to reach me. Full of hope, I looked at the screen of my cell phone but as several times before I was bitterly disappointed. It was just my mother. But since the whole game of hide had no sense anyway I decided to answer the phone.

“Hi Mom“ I sniffed and and wiped my tears with a sleeve from my face. I tried to stop myself butit didn't really matter because my voice was hoarse, since I had cried for the last few hours more or less.

“Donghae! Where are you? Are you okay? Oh god, you sound totally exhausted. Should I collect you? Just tell me where, I'm there in 10 minutes!." my mom said.

“No mom, nothing's fine. I had blown the wedding of my best friend and probably destroyed his future with Hyoyeon. He is now somewhere out there all alone and totally exhausted. It's all my fault! He's gonna hate me. The man I love will never want to see me again, or even have anything to do with me again. Just because I'm a darn idiot.“ Now the tears came again. I just let them weep freely. It wasn't important. My mom already noticed everything.

“No Donghae, everything is fine. Eunhyuk..“ She hesitated "...called his parents. They carried him home. He says he want to talk with you as soon as possible. Where should I collect you?“

I thought about it for a few seconds.

“You are lying.. I'm not coming home before I find Hyukjae“

“No Donghae, just let me -“ My mom started to talk but I cut her off. I would look for Hyukkie alone. Just after I finished blaming myself. With that decision I let my head fall back on my lap, I hated myself for what I've done. So I sat crying again, totally desperate and alone on the park bench.


 

A  u  t  h  o  r  '  s   N  o  t  e

I really hope you liked the chapter (despite the bad english)
(Hopefully) See you next chapter!

 

Alicevallier here! Sorry for the wait, I've helped you correct some mistakes~ Hopefully it will be better :3 And trust me, you're English isn't bad! It's better then most peoples :3