CH. 11

Playing The Game

Lunch passed as quickly as it came. Kai and Miyoung walked seperately to class, meeting each other at the door. Miyoung was there first, waiting for him. She smiled simply at him as he took long strides to the door, walking into the class without so much as a nod of the head to acknowledge her.

Miyoung creased her eyebrows confusedly as she followed behind him.

Baekhyun waved at her when she walked in, but his hand fell back to his side when he saw her confused look. She wasn't paying attention to him, didn't see him wave. However, he just shrugged it off-maybe she was just tired from the weekend.

Miyoung took her seat, giving Kai a weird look when he sat beside her. "Yah, why do you play musical chairs every class period?" He gave her a sharp look, remaining silent. She nodded confusedly; why was he acting like this? "Silent treatment?" she shrugged cooly. "Fine. Be a brat."

The teacher entered then, greeting the class brightly before beginning her lecture for the day. No matter how hard she tried, Miyoung couldn't focus on the lecture. Her mind kept wandering to the bratty little kid sitting beside her. Why was he acting like this, anyway? Did she do something without realizing? She grew nervous-what if she did? She couldn't stand the guy, but she still didn't want to upset him.

She caught a glimpse of him. He was resting his cheek on his hand as he doodled on his notebook. He looked upset, which took Miyoung by surprise-she's never seen so much emotion on his face, other than being a cocky bastard of course. 'He's kind of...' Miyoung searched her brain for the correct word. 'Adorable.' A small smile spread on her face, but as quickly as it came, it went and she shot the thought right out of her head. 'No. He's a jerk.'

With a deep sigh, Miyoung pulled a piece of paper out from her notebook, quickly writing on it before folding in half hamburger style. Once she was sure the teacher wasn't looking, she slid the note across the table in front of Kai.

He put his pencil down and looked at Miyoung with creased brows. She kept her eyes forward, refusing to meet eyes with him, however, she watched from the corner of her eye. He eyed the piece of paper for a long moment before unfolding it. Miyoung's heart raced-what if he just threw the paper away and never answered her question? She would feel absolutely horrible.

Even after unfolding the paper and reading the note, Kai just stared at Miyoung's small, neat handwriting. "What's wrong?" the note had said. Kai pursed his lips in thought; should he just tell her that it bothered him when she didn't sit with him at lunch? Or should he just leave it alone?

The bell rang then, and he quickly scribbled across the paper before sliding it back to Miyoung and exiting the classroom. She read it, anticipating his answer. However, it wasn't the answer she had wanted. "Why does it matter?" She could hear the attitude as she read his reply.

She sighed deeply as she stood from her seat and grabbed her bag, hurrying out of the classroom and down the hall after Kai. Once he was in sight, she grabbed his arm so he'd either turn around to talk to her, or slow down. "Because I care." she blurted.

Kai's eyes widened in surprise as he stopped in his tracks and looked down at her. "What?" Quickly, he changed his expression from shocked to cocky, just like that. "Have you fallen for me Jung Miyoung?" he smirked.

She kept her hand on his arm compassionately as she smiled and stood on her tippy toes to whisper in his ear. "Not even close, Kim Jongin." His cocky smile faded a little bit, but he was sure to hide it. "I just don't like people being down." she said, removing her hand from his arm and folding her arms across her chest. "No matter how much they get on my nerves."

He remained silent, eyeing her carefully. "Yah, you get on my nerves just as much." he said firmly before making his way to the classroom once again.

Miyoung rolled her eyes, not phased one single bit by the fact that she gets on his nerves, as she picked up her pace in order to catch up with the long strides Kai was making. "So tell me what was wrong!" she demanded.

Kai stopped once again, thinking his words through. "If we're 'dating,'" he began. "We should sit by each other at lunch, don't you think?"

Miyoung thought that through for a moment, but couldn't fully process it. Why did he want her to sit with him? Her heart sped up a tad bit at the thought, thinking maybe if she sat with him, he would hold her hand again. Deep down, she liked holding his hand, but of course she would never admit that aloud, or to herself even.

Shaking her head clear, she looked Kai in the eye. "Fine. Tomorrow I'll sit by you." Kai nodded in agreement and began walking again, leaving Miyoung where she was. She smiled slightly to herself, thinking about sitting by him, by quickly wiped it off as she ran to catch up with him, walking into class together.