CH. 5

Playing The Game

Miyoung didn't realize what she had gotten herself into until it was already too late. She was inexperienced in dating, so how was she supposed win?! He was way too experienced in dating, but Miyoung? She didn't know a single thing. She was freaking out a little inside, every ounce of confidence she had just moments ago was now gone, but she couldn't show it, obviously. She kept her guard up.

Honestly, she didn't expect him to agree, so she was taken aback when he took her hand. Why did he agree? What were his intentions behind this? Miyoung didn't even know what her intentions were. She guessed she just wanted to make him take back what he said.

A screeching sound pulled Miyoung out if thought as she looked in Kai's direction. He was scooting his chair out from his desk and standing up, stretching widely and groaning like a baby dinosaur. She just watched Kai, trying to guess what his next move would be.

He walked behind Miyoung's desk and out of Miyoung's view for a split second, and in that split second, she panicked. What was he doing? Where was he going?

He pulled the chair beside her out and sat in it, leaning back and lazily tossing his arm on the back of her chair. Miyoung tensed up. "Wh-what are you doing?"

"Being a couple," he stated as-a-matter-of-factly. "Duh,"

'Do couples normally do this?' she wondered. She made a mental note to look that up when she got home. Speaking of which... "What time is it?" she thought out loud.

Kai pulled his phone out. "5:30." He gazed at her, cocking his head to the side a bit, and she avoided his gaze. "Here." he said, sliding his phone in front of her. "Put your number in."

Hesitant at first, she grabbed his phone and inputted her number, handing the device back to him. He held out his hand, and Miyoung just looked at it. "Phone." he said.

"Oh, right." she said, pulling out her phone and handing it to him. After a minute, he handed it back to her. "So..." she tried to start up a conversation as she fiddled with her phone case.

"You've never dated before, have you?" he asked, leaning forward in his seat to see Miyoung's face. His eyes were wide and puppy-like.

Miyoung's face flushed tomato red as she tried to avoid his gaze. "That's ridiculous!" she claimed as she placed her hand on her fire-hot cheek.

Kai grinned. "Is it, Miyoung-ah?" he said in a swooning fashion, tucking Miyoung's hair behind her ear in order to see her face. The way he said her name, you could tell he was a pro at this.

Once Miyoung was positive her face was back to normal color, she cleared and turned back to face Kai. "Yes. It is, Jongin-oppa." She mimicked his tone of voice as she inched her face closer to his, brushing over his lips with her thumb. She was surprised by her actions, and she sure as hell didn't realize she was capable of that.

Kai gulped as he froze, eyes wide and jaw clenched. Did she do it? Did she win this round?

He cleared his throat nervously, "Yah," he began, moving his arm from the back of her chair and onto his lap. "How do you know that I'm your oppa?" he questioned curiously.

She shrugged. "Are you? I was born in December."

"January, '94." he stated, and Miyoung nodded in agreement. "So, I am your oppa after all?" he rubbed the back of his neck.

Now that that's cleared up, what do they talk about? Miyoung's brain was exhausted from the events that just happened, she couldn't think of anything to talk about. She continued to sit straight in her chair, eyes locked on her hands as she messed with the hem of her uniform skirt.

Kai watched the side of her face in awe-she really was pretty without those huge spectacles on her face, he'd admit that. But she wasn't his type. He didn't know why he agreed with this bet, but he did. Maybe he thought it would be fun? 'Cause hell, a girl practically offered for him to play her, how could he pass up the chance?

He sighed and flung his arm around Miyoung's shoulders. Once again, she tensed up. "Why do you get so tense?" Kai raised a brow, and she immediately relaxed, clearing nervously.

"No reason." was the best she could come up with. She knew the real reason, though. He was undeniably handsome, despite how big of a he was, and Miyoung somehow got herself caught up with him.

The classroom door flung open, causing Miyoung to jump and Kai to drop his arm from her shoulder. The teacher eyed them to for a second, wondering what they were up to, before waving it off. She stood in the front of the class and began speaking. "It's supposed to rain tonight," she said, motioning to the window. "So you guys can go home early."

Kai rose from his chair and stretched. "Will we have to make up the time?" he said in mid-groan, glancing at Miyoung before walking to his original desk from the beginning of detention.

'Please say no. Please say no. Please say no...' Miyoung pleaded in her mind, holding her breath. A rush of relief washed over her when the teacher really did say no. She let out a deep breath as she slowly rose from her desk, eying the stack of paper work she didn't get done. 'Maybe she won't collect it?' Miyoung questioned as she cautiously made her way to the door, Kai only a few steps ahead of her.

"I'll take the work you were supposed to do," the teacher said last minute, holding her hand out flat for the work. Miyoung looked at her dumbfounded as Kai took her hand and pulled her away, dashing down the hall. Miyoung looked back real fast and saw the teacher standing outside the classroom door, shaking her fist at them like an angry old lady. Miyoung laughed lightly at the sight as she faced forward, looking at the back of Kai's head. What was he doing, anyway? Pulling her away like that; it was unnecessary, really. Miyoung could've worked it out with the teacher, making a deal that she would complete all the work and turn it in 100% complete by tomorrow morning.

But Miyoung didn't question it, either. She just went along with it, with Kai. The adrenaline she felt was enticing-she's never felt this way before. How would this game play out in the end, anyway? Miyoung was determined to win this, no matter how long it took.

Kim Jongin, the player, was gonna learn what it's like to be played.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm sooo sorry for the late update. T-T So i have a double update for you. cx Thank you for reading~ please comment/subscribe? c: