CH. 1

Playing The Game

Munja wasseoyo, Miyoung looked around at the people walking passed her in the semi-crowded hallway, trying to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. "Hm?"

 

Munja wasseoyo, she heard it again before realizing it was coming from her own pocket. "Oh!" She hurriedly dug in her jacket pocket for her cell phone as it kept ringing, cheeks turning a light shade of pink. Munja wasseoyo. Munja wasseoyo, Munja wasseoyo. When she finally found it, she shouted, "Aha!" gaining strange looks from the people around her. She laughed awkwardly before turning around to face the wall. Munja wasseoyo. Munja wasseoyo. Munja wasseoyo. Munja wasseo- "Aish! Would you shut up already?!" she yelled at her phone, putting it on silent before actually checking the message.

 

From: Soonji Eonni~^^ <3

"Yah, Jung Miyoung. Meet me outside the cafeteria for lunch. ^^"

 

Miyoung smiled slightly and rolled her eyes. She slipped her phone back into her jacket pocket. She took her time walking to the cafeteria-lunch time was an hour and a half, so she was in no hurry.

 

Yang Soonji was Miyoung's best friend for the past 11 years. She helped Miyoung with a lot throughout middle school, 1st and 2nd year of high school. She was one of the girls that was friends with everybody, and Miyoung was one of the girls that never talked in class and didn't have many friends. As time went on, though, Miyoung became more sociable and wasn't as scared to talk to people like she was years ago. Now, she smiles and talks with much enthusiasm, all thanks to her friend. Granted, there are people who don't like her because she's, well, a nerd, but she's used to it.

 

They met in 1st year of elementary school, Soonji and Miyoung, and they were stuck like glue ever since. Soonji was her desk partner, and she was a talkative one. At first, she irritated Miyoung-she always thought, 'How can this girl talk so much?! Does she even breathe?!'- but now Miyoung has gotten used to it, and she actually worries when Soonji isn't talking.

 

Miyoung entered the cafeteria and walked to the other end, exiting once again as the gust of air hit her face. Soonji was sitting at her usual table underneath a big tree, engrossed in her phone. Miyoung sat across from her, a ray of sun warming her face. "Hi, Eonni." she beamed.

 

Soonji looked up from her phone and smiled at her younger. "Anything new?" Soonji was in class 6, and Miyoung was in class 5, so they always met for lunch hour everyday.

 

Miyoung wanted to tell her friend about her small encounter with him, but couldn't bring herself to do so. She just shook her head. "Ani."

 

"I have TONS to tell you!" she threw her arms up dramatically, making Miyoung chuckle. 'Here we go.'

 

Soonji began talking, and didn't stop. Miyoung would just throw in a  'really?' every now and then, but then she zoned out. The guy in the hallway came to her mind. What happened with him and that girl? Who was he, anyway? He seemed like an-

 

"!" Soonji exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air dramatically.

 

Miyoung's eyes grew wide in shock. "Mwo?!"

 

"That guy!" She pointed to a table across the school yard. Miyoung followed Soonji's finger and her eyes landed on a guy sitting at a table, but Miyoung couldn't see his face clearly.

 

"Why? What'd he do?" Miyoung looked back at her friend curiously.

 

"What hasn't he done?" Soonji rhetorically asked with a scoff. Miyoung didn't ask anymore questions as she turned back around and examined the guy. Who was he, anyway?