CH. 8

Playing The Game

It was Saturday afternoon and Miyoung was literally losing her mind. She couldn't stand being home on the weekends. Normally, she would be with Soonji, but she was away for the weekend.

Miyoung was laying on her bed with he legs straight up in the air against the wall, her long hair fanned out. She puffed her cheeks as she thought of something to keep her busy.

'What to do? What to do?' she thought as she bobbed her head to the music playing on her phone. She couldn't go anywhere because she didn't have any money, or a ride more importantly.

She could feel herself start to go crazy with boredom when the music on her phone stopped and her ringtone began playing. "Hm?" she picked up her phone curiously and hit the answer key. "Hello?"

"Hey, 'girlfriend.'" Kai's sleazy voice said on the other line, a quiet chuckle sounding afterwards.

Miyoung rolled her eyes with a groan. "What do you want?" she said in a disgusted tone.

"Ouch," Kai joked, grabbing his chest. "What's with the hurtful tone?"

"What do you want, Kim Jongin?" she said bluntly, wanting him to hurry and get to the point.

"Let's go on a date," he began with a smirk. "So you can fall for me and I can win."

Miyoung rolled over onto her stomach raised a brow. "You're really confident you're gonna win, aren't you?"

"You bet your sweet tea, I am."

Miyoung slapped her forehead with the palm of her hand. "You did not just say that..." she mumbled.

Kai stuck his bottom lip out. "What's wrong with it?"

Miyoung sat up straight on her bed, crossing her legs. "It's completely dorky!" she laughed-that phrase was definitely way too dorky for Kai and she couldn't believe he said it.

"You're rude," Kai stated.

Miyoung shrugged with one last chuckle. "Never said I was nice."

"So you, me, date, 7:00?" he raised a brow, anticipating her answer.

She thought for a moment, tapping her finger on her chin. "Under one condition," she said after coming to a conclusion. "You have to buy me new glasses."

 

---



7:00 rolled around and Miyoung dressed casually-why would she get dressed up for Kai? She couldn't stand the guy, so she felt no need to get all fancied up.

A knock at the door sent Miyoung's corgy in a frenzy, barking nonstop and wagging its little tail. "Maru-yah~ be quiet!" Miyoung shushed her dog as she answered the door. Kai stood there, looking quite handsome, Miyoung even admitted it to herself that he looked good. He was dressed casually, too. Not as casually as Miyoung, but still not extremely dressed up. He had on a light blue polo shirt with dark jeans-the color blue he wore really accommodated his dark skin tone. He topped off the outfit with a black hoodie and pair of Converse, similar to Miyoung's.

"Handsome," she complimented, gesturing for him to come inside. "I have to tell my mom I'm leaving," she informed. "Just wait here." She walked down the hall and disappeared out of Kai's sight.

Meanwhile, Kai just stood there, eyes wondering around the room in curiosity. On the wall to his right, there were family photos lined up. In one of the photos stood a little girl, features similar to Miyoung's. The only difference was this little girl looked sweet and nice, unlike the Miyoung now. This Miyoung was feisty.

"Don't snoop around in my home!" Kai whipped around to face Miyoung, eyes wide and jaw slightly dropped. She was standing outside the hallway with her arms crossed and brows creased.

Kai shook his head pointing to the pictures. "No. That's not- I wasn't- I was just-" he fibbed, unable to form a complete sentence.

Miyoung just watched, face blank and eyebrows raised. Slowly, her expression changed from bland to smiling as she shook her head with a small chuckle. "Let's go."

She walked out the front door, waiting for Kai to follow. He stood there for a moment, baffled by whatever just happened; he couldn't put it together, how she could be playful yet stern. He shook the thought out of his head and followed Miyoung out, ready to win over her heart like the player he was.