Diamonds

Beautiful Stranger

 

Author's Note: While you could listen to the original song by Rihanna, it would be better if you listened to this version, so you could get the true feelings of this chapter.

 

 

I should feel bad about this, but I don’t surprisingly. For about a month or so, I’ve been scoping wherever Taemin’s been going for a long while. All I’ve gotten so far is that it’s a big empty building. And mostly everything is white. Like his jacket. Today, while coming home from the cafe with Taeminnie, I passed by the way there and decided to stop by.

+++

“How much have you found out about her?” Jungmi asks, pointing at the picture of Zara I put on the bulletin board.

“A lot. She’s quite easy to get information from,” I say, smirking.

“What did you find out?” Eun Mi asks, crossing her legs.

I brush her question off. “For such a smart girl, she’s quite the open book. Faerie, you know, she just talked about herself for 30 minutes straight?”

Taeyeon smirks. “Really?”

I nod. “Really. All I had to do was act cute and she just spilled,” I shrug.

“Just like Taemin,” Jungmi says, a devious smile on her lips.

“What? Taemin? What about him?” I say, remembering all the times Zara called me that. It was so cute that she really couldn’t notice any difference.

“I think I’m close to cracking him. Just one more bat of an eyelash and he’ll just tell me everything I need to know about SHINee,” she smiles.

I walk over to her and rest my hand on her shoulder. “Good. We’re finally making some process.”

“I can scope her out some more, Taemanry. I can spy on her when you have things to do,” Taeyeon offers, stretching slightly.

I nod, my eyes not leaving Jungmi’s. “Eun Mi?”

“Yes, Taemanry?” she looks at me with eager eyes. Too eager for this business, sadly.

“What about you?” I say, turning to her and Taeyeon.

“I could...”

“Eun Mi, just stick to making the chocolates,” Jungmi cuts her off.

“Yes, Butterfly,” Eun Mi lowers her head slightly.

“Eun Mi, dear?” I walk over to her and crouch in front of her.

“Yes, Taemanry?” she looks up, a slight pout on her face.

“Can you add a bit more poison to the dark chocolates? They don’t work fast enough for me,” I say in a calm voice.

She nods and goes off to make them.

“Wait, the last time I heard of you using the chocolates, was with Zara. How did you administer it?” Jungmi asks, turning to me with a suspicious look in her eyes.

My mouth goes up in a smirk. “Oh...you know...”

Taeyeon sighs, putting her head in her hands. “How did you administer it, Taemanry?”

“I kissed her.”

Jungmi sighs. “I already told you that takes away the effect of the poison.”

I shrug. “As long as it got the job done.”

“Anyways....are you going to SHINee headquarters today?” Jungmi asks, rolling her eyes.

I nod. “Of course.”

“Should I come with you?”

I wrap my arm around her waist. “Of course, dear. Why wouldn’t you? You’re the leader, aren’t you?”

“Send Eun Mi,” Jungmi says, sarcastically, causing Taeyeon to laugh behind her hands.

“I want you by my side when I take them down,” I say.

“You’re the leader of the Lucifer, their enemy. The Pinocchios are just your allies.”

“Jungmi,” I say, glaring at her. “You will go with me. If I have the drag you there, I will,” I say, increasing my grip on her waist.

She sighs. “Fine.”

I smile and kiss her. “See how easy that was?”

She falls limp in my arms and I allow her to fall. As Taeyeon runs to her leader’s aid, I wave my fingers and walk off into the shadows, a wide grin on my face.

+++

“Hello? Is anyone here?” I ask around the empty building. “Hello?”

“Yah! Do you have papers?” A familiar voice asks. I turn and see Onew walking towards me. “Zara! What are you doing here?”

“...”

“Zara!” Key says, walking up to me surprised. “You’re not supposed to be here.”

“Can one of you guys please just tell me why you’re so secretive about everything?”

“Zara, we have to get you out of here fast,” Key says, holding my hand and starting to lead me back towards the front.

“Taemin-ah? Taemin-ah~?” a girl asks, her heels clacking as she walks rather seductively.

“Lee Jinki,” a familiar voice calls out and as he walks, I see he’s wearing all black. Not white, black. “Why, it’s so nice to see you again.”

“Taemin!” I say, starting to go up to him, but Key holds me back. “Key, what are you doing?”

Key presses something in his ear. “Taemin, Minho, Jonghyun. Get here. He’s here.”

“Taemanry, you have to leave. What are you doing here?” Onew says, standing his ground.

“To get something I’ve let you have for much too long. Now if you could just move, that would be wonderful,” Taemin-black haired Taemin-smiles.

“Zara!” Taemin runs up to me and grabs my other hand, wrapping me with his other arm. “I told you not to follow me.”

Looking down at his white attire, my eyes widen. They’re two different people. That’s why he never remembered anything. Half of the time it wasn’t really him. “Taemin...you’re not...” I whisper.

“Taemin-ah,” the girl calls out to him, smiling seductively.

I glare at her, but as I look up, I see Taemin’s staring attentively at her. I feel my heart drop. He has been cheating on me...

“Zara, it’s good to see you again,” Taemanry says, waving at me. “How beautiful you look in a skirt. I should’ve made you wear them more often,” he winks.

I start to smile at him without wanting to, when I feel myself thrown back to Minho. “Don’t you dare talk to Zara,” Taemin says, stepping up to him.

“Oh really? And why not?” Taemanry says, stepping up to him.

“You’ve already done enough to her.”

He scoffs. “At least I don’t leave her alone with a stranger,” he smirks.

Taemin pushes him with all his force.

I am surprised by this new Taemin and Minho just holds me tighter, as if I was going to do something.

Taemanry just laughs. “Did I mention I kissed her?”

Taemin’s eyes widen, mortified.

“Yeah. She’s a good kisser. But from the look of your face, you wouldn’t know,” he smirks and locks his eyes on me again.

I try to look away, which is really hard. He and Taemin have pretty much the same face. Which brings me another question, are they related?

As if hearing my thoughts, Key nods. “Twins,” he mouths.

Taemin punches him in the jaw and I hear a cracking noise. I wince, remembering when I got kicked in the face that one time. I gasp. “Taeyeon.”

“Taeyeon?” Minho repeats, overhearing me. “You met her?”

I nod slowly, the whole night coming back to me. I remember the chocolate taste in my mouth after I woke up the following morning, and everything clicks. The Taemin who kissed me that day was Taemanry. But how the heck did he get in my house? And what the heck is in that chocolate?

Taemanry holds his jaw, blood on his bottom lip. “Oh, so you’re willing to attack your own flesh and blood over a girl? Fine then,” he kicks Taemin in the stomach.

“Taemin!” they all run to pull him away from his twin, but Taemin pushes them away.

“This about about me and him,” he coughs.

“Taemin, you’re going to get hurt!” Onew says.

Taemin gives them a look that shows he means business and turns back to Taemanry.

“Taemin-ah!” And now Jonghyun has to hold Key back.

“It’s bad enough for you to try to steal our information, but there is no way I’m letting you take what’s mine. Not without a fight. Even if it’s to the death,” Taemin says, wiping away blood from his lips.

Taemanry smiles. “If that’s what you wish, brother,” he smirks evilly and then starts to punch and kick Taemin before he can get an attack in.

“WAIT!” I yell abruptly, as Taemanry sticks a knife in Taemin’s stomach.

“Zara, hush!” Key says, still trying to protect me for Taemin.

“Let the girl speak, will you?” Taemanry says, taking the knife out. “Yes, dear?” he turns to me.

“You want information, right?”

He smiles widely. “Yes. That’s exactly what I want.”

“If I break up with Taemin and go out with you, will you leave them alone?”

“ZARA!” the 4 of them turn to me, more shocked than the others.

Taemanry looks at me surprised. “You would do that for him?”

I exhale, preparing myself for what I’m about to say. “For you.”

I might as well have shot Taemin, because he hangs his head.

Taemanry smirks. “That’s what I like to hear. Of course, dear. I’m perfectly fine with that.”

“Zara, what are you doing?” Minho and Key ask at the same time.

I shimmy out of Minho’s rather strong grasp and, taking a breath, walk over to Taemanry. “I never loved him anyway,” I say, still walking.

Taemin collapses onto the floor and Onew and Minho rush to his side.

“Of course not, dear. He’s worthless,” Taemanry cooes as I walk over to his side.

I nod silently and allow him to slink his arm around my waist.

“We should go now, jagiya. Let them clean up the garbage,” he whispers, his lips on my neck.

I nod.

“Bye then, SHINee. Looks like I don’t need you anyways,” Taemanry gloats and starts to walk off with me, the girl trailing.

“Zara...” Taemin says, weakly.

My heart cracks and I feel empty inside.

“I...love you.”

Taemanry sneers and pulls me along with him, as I feel a leather jacket get put onto my shoulders.

A black leather jacket.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hey there, my readers! Now to answer some preliminary questions.
 
Taemin looks like how he does in Maxstep (white jacket), while Taemanry looks like how he does here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaDzUrWgUFU
 
And Zara just said those things to make Taemanry think she was on his side; she actually really hates him, but wants to protect SHINee.
 
If you have any questions/concerns put them below!
 
 
AND DON'T FORGET TO.... COMMENT | SUBSCRIBE | UPVOTE!