Tip 20

Write with your /21th Century Breakdown

Here comes a lecture on choice of words. Yay, hurray.

Okay that looked really sarcastic.

In the request section where people request for posters being made, trailers being made, helpers, co authors, editors, writers and etc, I like to look how people type in their requests. (i don't know where is it now that the layout changed. I'll hunt for it later.)

For those who requested posters and trailers, please go to trailer and poster shops. There's no free lunch in the world, you gotta ask. Honestly saying, no poster or trailer maker is free enough to hunt for requests around that area. And honestly saying again, if I had enough ability to make my own posters and edit my own stuff, I wouldn't join other shops and work under them. Unless you're lazy like me and don't want to take a whole bunch of load, just do work once in a while.

Yeah but that isn't the important part.

For those people who asked for co authors and editors, do you know what do editors and co authors actually mean? Of course, people have different understanding of those two words, I'm telling my definitions of those words.

Co authors means people who help you write your chapters. It's better if they have a similar writing style as you, so that they can fill in the empty points that you cannot. They can also be very different from you, then this works better for those with lots of different POVS. DIfferent understandings, different views, different ways of speech.

Editos means people who edit your basic grammar. They probably won't touch your overall sentence structur, they'll tell you where to add what and their opinions. Think of editors as your first readers and your honest reader as well. Their opinion are very important because they are readers no matter what. Don't think it's easy though, cause both the author and the editor has to communicate well to relay each other's message. It's also hard to get the picture into the author's head really. (Because I'm a noob writer like that that has no form of vocabulary whatsoever.)

Of course, reminding again, this is my opinion.

And a side story to share, I've been an editor once and a co-author once, and both of them fired me without even telling me. My little kokoro is hurt. I understand why I was kicked out of being the co-author, but i didn't understand the editor one.

SO when requesting for help, always thank them, always inform them. I'm sure if you want to change your co author, the person will understand if you tell them instead of just taking their name off without notification.