Tip 10

Write with your /21th Century Breakdown

Ahh, it already reached 10 and I'm out of things to complain. Dang it. Let's see............

Okay! I'm talking about oneshots and emphasizing scenes for this chapter.

Oneshots can varify in different lengths, from 7 pages of Microsoft to 4 pages only. Word count ranges from 500 words to 10000+ words. That is more to the detailed story type i'll tell later.

So let's start with the shorter ones. These oneshots are emphasising on one certain scene, usually some confession scene or death scene. There isn't alot of setting changes, usually only 2-3 characters involved. These are like scenarios the longer version. Let's say you confess to someone on a ferris wheel (wow cliche), and the oneshot can start from the minute they enter the amusement park, or when they enter the ferris wheel.

The longer ones are more detailed, emphasising on certain scenes. Sometimes I don't like to read these oneshots because it's hard to keep myself focused. I'm a very restless person, I can't focus for long. The max I can go is one hour of studying, then I'm off. Anyway, if you emphasize on the wrong scenes, I wouldn't understand it, the flow would be off. Usually it's starts with the first character meeting the second character, then they meet, develop feelings, develop feelings more than friends, insert angst or fluff scenes, and it ends or leaves a cliff hanger (which usually I'm not curious at all). Pretty simple.

So. For the longer ones, how do you know which scene to emphasize on? I think it's the scenes whereby the characters interact and develop their feelings for each other. Do not, I repeat, do not put lonely-walking-alone-on-a-street-and-the-falling-leaves-makes-me-look-more-lonely-while-i-figure-my-feelings-out scenes. I mean, why? If you ask people what they feel, most are probably aren't sure. I'm not sure myself.

To know what they feel, you have to ask certain questions, put them to realize it themselves instead of thinking it out logically. I believe feelings aren't logical =PP

Let me give you an example. You feel like dying. How do I talk you out of dying? Ask you why you wanna die, what makes you think so, what would your close relatives or friends do, would you bear to see them sad, are you scared to die, if yes then why would you wanna die, then I'll probably say live to that you can find another road out instead of going to the dead end. imjustgoodattwistingeverything

So let's say this guy cares for the girl and likes her, but he doesn't know it. OMG what should you do? Ask someone to kidnap the girl so that the guy realizes he cares and goes save her? What if he dies in the saving process? She'd probably feel bad for the rest of her life. Make him understand that he treats her differently from others, and that he cares (but not in that way in the scene above). Just, ask some questions that'll hit him on the head and go like "OMG you're right!"

Usually the state of confusion needs the third person to unravel it if the two cannot figure it out. Once they do, they change. So this is what you need to emphasize on.

The above is purely my opinion, and I want to hear yours too =]