Tip 13

Write with your /21th Century Breakdown

Reviews. Wow. Mixed feelings we have about it.

I have a oneshot review shop on another account. I only review oneshots because they are easier and I prefer them, although I cant write one well. Oneshots are sort of underated if you ask me.

Although there review shops that review a full story more than 5 chapters, I don't have much understanding of it at the moment. I'll touch only on oneshot review shops now.

I've checked on some shops, and I can say I'll never request a review there.

  1. I am a (sort of) picky person (trained by mom) when it comes to everything. Well, most of the things. When I look for review shops, I'll first check their reviews. If its detailed, pointing out the strong points, weak points, improvements, things that attracted their attention, I'll choose that reviewer. I might also check the reviewer's own stories. In short, if your review is one sentence, I'm not gonna choose you.
  2. Reviews are supposed to let the requester know their strong and weak points and improvement space. Suggestions can help too. Instead of pointing out the bad points like their English grammar and complaining about the poster, do include some good points in it as well. Maybe a certain line that you liked well. 
  3. If you are a naturally strong person, as in your choice of words are strong (and might be pricky), review your review. Yes I know you shouldnt sugar coat things, but put it in another way. If a reviewer is being too strict, the requester might feel really hurt about it. Instead of saying "Your story ." you should tell them to work on bla bla and bla. Not sugar coating, it's called 'putting it nicely'. Unless the requester chose the reviewer by themselves, well then knock yourself with some tofu if you chose them and say they were being strict with you.
  4. I believe points are useless. I go by A, B C or D. No I will not fail a story no matter how much it fails.
  5. Giving extra points for pretty font and posters are pretty useless as well. So what if I use the default font and you don't like it?

​Let's make the world a better place and improve ourselves. Because nobody is perfect and my name is Nobody.