F.L.A.S.H.B.A.C.K.S.

Somebody…love me please…

It is drizzle when she steps out her building apartment. As if it was representing her broken heart.

            She checked out her schedule for one last time, she needs more work today to forget her pain from last night TV show,  but as usual, things will never come as the way we like; as she only had one hour lecture today and no photography session, even from Mrs.Lee.

            But even an hour lecture she needs to make her forget about her pain heart was evilly taken away, when the lecturer only come in to assigned them with their latest assignment, and it was approximately fifteen minutes.

            Sighing, she lifelessly walks out from the lecture hall, didn’t even care that she bumps into half of the walking people,  didn’t even noticed the stares and glares, or even a smirk from few people.

            ‘She is really nothing without that Kim kid. Look, nobody wants to be friend with her.’

            ‘Don’t bother her; she is not at our level to start with.’

‘Some people said she is the daughter of Jang’s family. But look at her appearance; it is as common as us. Poor her, lying for attention.’

But none of the hurtful whisper reaches her ears, even if it reaches; she is too tired to care.

Her attention later falls on a sweating girl despite the breezy weather, speaking with hailer, and a huge banner of Jonghyun behind her back. Most of the students who pass by stop to listen of what she said, but almost all of them were laughing to see her funny style of talking.

“Everybody, don’t forget to watch SHINee’s debut tonight on Music Bank. One of the group member is Kim JongHyun, the student from our Photography and Art Department. Give SHINee your attention and love; they are worth to be like! Noona or Dongsaeng, let’s support SHINee!” And later, their debut song was clearly heard at the background, which already released a day before.

Ri In keeps standing at her spot, continue admiring the beautiful figure in front of her who now starts giving away a small pearl aqua brochure, more like a simple notes about the group profile.

Almost all people in the campus know about her not so small crush towards JongHyun, as she never fails to give him chocolate every year during Valentine, or small present each time JongHyun win any of photography or singing competition, and a homemade cake on his birthday, she never fails to do it for almost three years, since she comes in as a junior in the faculty.

And Se Kyung never cares to hide her feelings, she even proud to name him as her ideal guy during inter part, a day where all the seniors and juniors gathered for a welcoming session. And over all these years, Ri In was not a sole witness to see how harsh JongHyun’s rejection, and how many times JongHyun throws away all the present right in front of her eyes.

She startled when Se Kyung turns her direction to her, as she bow to her in respect, acknowledging her  not only as her senior, but also as the only person able to walk side by side with JongHyun, and the only girl he ever offer his scooter backseat.

*****

“Will you go to JongHyun’s debut tonight?”

Both of them were silently enjoying the breezy weather, when Se Kyung decided to stops the silence.

 “Maybe…”

Se Kyung looks at her, trying to figure out the questionable answer. “JongHyun sunbae will be happy if you were there. You need to go, Ri In sunbae-nim…”

Ri In was too absorbed in admiring the younger girl beside her; Se Kyung has a pair of beautiful eyes hidden behind her old school glasses, with her perfect fair skin, she wonder why JongHyun didn’t even look at her.

“Ri In sunbae-nim, Ri In sunbae-nim, are you listening?”

She was startled, as the previous question quickly registered her mind. “I’ll go, of course I’ll go…I just randomly answering just now. Sorry.”

Se Kyung looked away in a sudden relieved, all she wants right now is for him to have a great debut tonight.

“Se Kyung-sshi…May I asked you a question?”

“Emm?”

“Are you not tired of loving JongHyun, at all?”

They look at each other again, and unknowingly to them, they shared a same hurtful gaze.

“It will be a total lie if I said never. But I can’t stop myself from loving him.” She said, looking away.

“He is such a meanie, but that is not a real JongHyun…”

“I know. He looks so different whenever he is around you.  That is the real JongHyun, the guy that I dream to be with.”

Ri In later turned her face to look at the same direction as Se Kyung’s, and all she found was a few couple sitting together reading books under huge trees. “But I know, he wasn’t destined to be with me, after all…”

“Se Kyung-sshi…”

“Ri In sunbae-nim… you are very lucky to have him by your side, so please don’t hurt him.”

It was Valentine, two years ago, when JongHyun asked her to free her evening schedule, and met him at the faculty roof top, their favorite place.

And by the time she reached there, it was almost sunset, and she saw JongHyun was standing near to a fully prepared table; obviously it is a candle light dinner.

He noticed her, as he flashed his beautiful smile, asking her to come closer, just by a small gesture motioned by his eyes.

Everything goes the way she afraid of, and minutes later, comes his love declaration.

“JongHyun-ah, you know my heart so well…”

“And I am begging for a chance. I love you, Ri In…”

“I am very thankful to have you as a friend, JongHyun-ah… when nobody even wants to come closer; you step in my life, brightening my life with your light. But I already have someone I love, and I don’t want to lie to you about this matter…”

“Ri Innie…”

“I don’t want to lose you after tonight, JongHyun-ah…” She slowly withdrew her hand from him, before stands up and walked to his side, before slightly bent down, and hugging him from his side. “But I want to keep our relationship, together forever as best friend… I can’t afford to lose you, not even in my dreams.”

And Se Kyung witnessed everything from the beginning, as not only JongHyun has his heart broken that night.

“And up until now, I won’t stop begging you to accept him, sunbae-nim…”

A soft smile crept on her face. “I wish I could have your spirit. What are you fighting for, Se Kyung-ah?”

“His happiness. His true smile like each time he is with you… but the greedy part inside of me just wants him to know I am here, exist, begging for his love.”

Both girls have their eyes watered. “And until I know both of you are already together, I won’t stop telling him I am here, even if he see me only as a replacement, a substitute.”

As if she was mirroring her heart, Ri In knows what it feels to get hurt by the person we love the most.

Ri In swallowed the lump that gradually formed in , before catching Se Kyung’s arm. “Don’t ever leave JongHyun, Se Kyung-ah…”

“Sunbae-nim…”

“Sooner or later he will fall for you… please stay beside him…” A lone tear finally dropped on her cheek. “Sunbae-nim, why are you crying?” She asked, startled with the sudden tears.

“Promise me you won’t leave him…”

“But he loves you, sunbae-nim…” She abruptly stops when Ri In held up her hand, as her eyes widen in disbelief looking at the ring.

“I am married; Se Kyung-ah… and I love my husband for all my heart…”

“Sunbae…”

“I love him for years, even before I know JongHyun during senior high…”

“D…Did JongHyun knows about this?” She stuttered, she never see this coming.

            Ri In nodded her head, as tears continue running down her cheeks, however it only brings anger in the younger’s heart.

“Yet, you still cling on JongHyun for years, who love you so much. You are torturing him all this time, sunbae-nim…” Her voice quivered, as she harshly yanking away her hand from Ri In’s before stands up, leaving Ri In sitting with half of her body bending down, her sobbing was clearly heard.

 “I am disappointed of you, sunbae-nim… Never crossed in my mind you are this selfish, you used his warmness and soft heart for your own happiness, and now when you are married, you just throw him away, is this who you are?”

Ri In shook her head, she can’t reply as she was choking her own tears. “I even disappointed on myself, why I look high on you…”

She walked away from Ri In right after she finished utter those words, leaving the crying Ri In alone, as it invites more uneasy stares to her.

*****

She needs a shoulder to cry on, badly.

Ri In stays at the park and the drizzle just now come back as hard rain, drowning her together with her tears.

It’s not like she was blind to see JongHyun’s overwhelming love to her, if only he came few years earlier before Yunho…


            It was always an enormous birthday celebration for Jin Young unnie, and this year is just the same. The only difference is usually it will be held at a grand seven stars hotel, but that year it was held at their mansion. All the rich people and conglomerate, shareholders and investors were invited to celebrate her birthday party, even though it was only for celebrating a ten years old girl birthday.

But it is far way better compare to her birthday; as she only received an awkwardly enormous birthday cake with the same flavor every year since she was five, with only maids around celebrating with her.

The little Ri In walks alone in the party, but nobody recognized her as the second daughter of the Jang, as she dressed up like a random people, as if she was the daughter of the maid.

And there, for the first time she met Jung Yunho.

Nothing can compare to his glowing appearance compare to other kids on his age who attend the birthday party. He is around thirteen, fourteen years old that time, yet he looks so matured, slightly taller than others, with his white tuxedo paired up with his polite manners, keep standing beside someone she recognized as his grandfather, since he looks too old to have a junior high student as his son.

She continue peeks at him from all allowed angle and later, he was  introduced to Jin Young unnie and all the guest admit, they really looks good standing next to each other.

She retreat, and go to the small fountain they had at the backyard, the little Ri In can’t understand the feelings inside her chest, it is more painful compare to when Jin Young stole her toys, or when she asked her to eat at the kitchen.

But seconds later, the prince she saw just now came, exactly sitting beside her.

“It is beautiful here… many stars on the sky…”

Even his voice is melodious.

“You must feeling hot staying inside, isn’t? Same with me, I guess we both can’t stand a formal event…”

Ri In continue stares at the boy beside her, his mole is too cute to paired up with his uneven teeth.

He turned his face to his side, maybe wondering why that girl never replies any of his statement. Their gaze locked together for a second, before he startled and broke off the eye contact. “Are you mute or something?”

“No, I can speak…” She braved herself to reply.

“But I was told not to speak with commoner…”

Silence fall between them, but it is comfortable for her.

“My name is Jung Yunho… I am thirteen years old…” That boy was stuttered, and she did saw his gradually reddened cheeks.

“So, can I call you oppa?” Their eyes locked again, and this time, both of them were blushing.

“My name is…”

She wipes away her tears when she feels her phone vibrated in her pocket. She looked at the ID, it was Grandfather Jung.

“Hello, grandfather…” She answered the call, trying to chase away her previous sadness from her tone.

“I am asking Yunho’s mom to peel the peach, his fans sent a lot to our house…” He chuckled a little before continue. “I remember you like peach so much, aren’t you?”

Ri In covered as she could feel her eyes got teary again. Nobody ever knows her liking to peach, only the maids know.

“Yes, grandfather…”

“I am thinking when you are coming here, Ri In-ah…”He paused again, this time to cough. “Yunho’s appa is coming back from Jeju tonight, and he promised me a lot of clams…” he coughed again, but this time it is harder than before.

“Grandfather, are you okay?”

But Grandfather Jung just ignores her question. “How do you want to cook it?”

“Anything is okay with me…” She frowned listening to his endless cough at the other end. “Grandfather, you are not so okay, aren’t you?”

“It is normal for an old guy like me coughing, Ri In-ah…”

“It is okay grandfather… I’ll call you when you are okay… Maybe you need some rest by now…”

Her eyes widen when she heard he continue to cough, and later the sound of the phone falling to the ground was heard, together with the voice of shocked Mrs.Jung.

*****

This chapter is the hardest I ever write… Probably because it took so long since my last time writing a chapter, that’s why it turned out so bad…

So, I am sorry if this chapter didn’t reach ur heart, But Yun Yin is going to met on the next chapter…

I can’t asked u guys for waiting, n I accept those who chose to unsubscribe… but please don’t do it, it makes me heartbroken….

Enjoy reading, comments and subscriptions are loved!!