Chapter 9

If I Fell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: SURPRISE!!!! I know I know.. I am a meanie for not updating for like a year… a lot has happened.. even so, I promised I would finish my stories. I do apologize for the insane hiatus.. I know it’ll be a chore rereading my stories but if you are still supporting me, I would like to give you a virtual hug :)

 

Again I’m sorry but do read on and comment if you will..

“Hey, what was that all about?” I huffed after skipping like about a hundred steps to catch up with Taeyeon. She was surprisingly fast, but I guess that comes along with being short. Don’t tell her I mentioned that.

 

The girl was now heading towards her bedroom and if I didn’t move fast enough, she would probably lock the door and I wouldn’t get any answers.

 

“Taeyeon!” I called out in attempts to stop her but it didn’t. So I bolted to her door before she could totally close it, which resulted to my left hand being trapped by the darn thing.

 

“Ow!!!!” I screeched in pain. I retracted my hand quickly but Taeyeon still shut the door. However, I heard a muffled ‘I’m sorry’ on the other side. It didn’t lessen the pain but it made me feel a little better.

 

I sighed as I tried soothing my left hand with my right while heading towards the kitchen sink. I didn’t know any first aid methods so I just stuck my hand in running water, which felt good. I stood there motionless and rehashed what happened a few minutes before.

 

Was Jessica bullying Taeyeon? I mean why wouldn’t she? Taeyeon is sort of weak and Jessica tried to get under my skin when I met her, but she didn’t triumph only because I stood up to her. But Taeyeon… she couldn’t. Damn it. Stupid Jessica and her blonde hair.

 

“Y-you should p-put ice on that.” Said a weak voice to my right where I found Taeyeon fetching some ice from the freezer. She wrapped it in a cloth and then immediately, she was by my side turning the faucet off. She guided me towards the dining table and we both sat there, me holding out my injured hand and Taeyeon supporting the cloth with ice in it to numb the pain.

 

“We can talk about it you know?” I said carefully, eyeing the short girl. “But if it makes you uncomfortable, then you don’t have to say anything.” Taeyeon was still not looking at me but I could feel my words were getting through her. So I continued. “But I swear to God, if I find out that Jessica is bullying you, I will kick her sorry and she will go straight to hell with her obnoxiously blonde hair – OUCH!!” with those words, Taeyeon’s grip on my hand tightened which led to more pain.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry!!!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “D-did I hurt y-you?”

 

“Of course you did! But that’s okay… You came and took care of me so I’m good.” I didn’t know why I said that but I totally felt better knowing Taeyeon was worried about me.

 

“So? Are you gonna tell me or… are we gonna talk about something else? Because it’s boring sitting here with you and I don’t like being bored.” Taeyeon ducked her head upon hearing what I said which made me feel a little bit guilty.

 

“Fine… I give up. If you don’t really wanna talk then I should respect that. Sorry for pushing you.” I exhaled, defeated. A few minutes gone by and I swear I was feeling a little bit sleepy when suddenly Taeyeon spoke.

 

“J-jessica is bullying m-me.” She began. Her grip in my hand became tighter again as she spoke. “I d-don’t know why b-but she seems t-to always p-pick on me.” I could tell Taeyeon was trying to be brave and I was so proud of her.  

 

“I c-couldn’t recall if I d-did s-something wrong o-or if I of-fended her in s-some way. I t-tried to apologize, but s-she b-bullied me m-more.” Taeyeon was still not looking at me but I could tell tears were forming in her eyes. “E-earlier she w-was asking about our art p-project. I h-haven’t finished it y-yet so I c-couldn’t give it t-to her.”

 

Taeyeon became silent for a while. I took it as a cue that she was done speaking, so I took over. I gently pulled my hand out of hers and scooted closer towards her. She watched me with curious eyes, figuring out what I was trying to do. I grabbed her shoulders and drew her towards me.

 

I’m hugging her. I’m freaking hugging Kim Taeyeon.

 

I felt her breathing stop and mine did too. It was odd. This was supposed to feel awkward and uncomfortable, judging from the way we were positioned. But Taeyeon’s warmth was just too.. inviting and I was also comforted. I ran my uninjured hand on her back while mumbling, “Thank you for sharing that. I know it wasn’t easy but you did. You are very brave Taengoo.” Then she was suddenly shaking in my embrace. Hot tears fell on my shoulder where Taeyeon’s head was and I just let her. She needed this. I could tell. And I will be here for her.

 

“That’s it. Let it out.” I continued her back, trying very hard to transfer my desire to comfort her through my actions. A few minutes later, the sobs and shaking died down then I gradually got out from our tangled limbs.

 

Taeyeon was trying to wipe her eyes through her glasses. As if I was taken over by some random apparition, I was suddenly watching myself caressing her cheeks, helping her get rid of the fallen tears. I could see the blush forming in Taeyeon’s cheeks. I retracted my uninjured hand as if I was shocked by electricity and cleared my throat. Obviously, I overstepped my boundaries. I didn’t even know why I did that.

 

“T-hanks.” The shorter girl whispered and I smiled at her weakly, still trying to recover from the stupidity I just did.

 

“You’re welcome. But I am not letting this bullying slide. Jessica should know her place.” I firmly stated but it scared Taeyeon more than I expected.

 

“N-no. P-please no.” Her begging was so desperate that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter